Deck Stands

DJ Douche

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really like the design of the Magma stands, they seem a bit too industrial. A mate of mine bought a desk from a company called Kernow Carpentry on Ebay and got a black flush fit deck stand unit. I haven't got one myself yet but the look really good, anyone got any deck stands from them?

if you want one that's not going to move anywhere, go for it. They don't look too portable. I've seen magma stands in a tonne of nightclubs and they're solid as a rock. Anything on them isn't going anywhere. If you're a dj playing clubs and you give more of a fuck about what your gear looks like than the music you're playing, sorry to be the barer of bad news, but you're in the wrong industry.

The magma stands look quite sturdy but wouldn't really suit my living room.A mate of mine got a custom unit made from a company on ebay called Kernow Carpentry who also do standard mdf deck stands. Haven't got enough funds yet to get one from there but I think that might be where I will go. Anyone else heard of them?

The magma stands look quite sturdy but wouldn't really suit my living room.A mate of mine got a custom unit made from a company on ebay called Kernow Carpentry who also do standard mdf deck stands. Haven't got enough funds yet to get one from there but I think that might be where I will go. Anyone else heard of them?

If you go down the MDF route make sure it's properly painted. MDF particles are up there with aspestos.

If you go down the MDF route make sure it's properly painted. MDF particles are up there with aspestos.

I didn't know this. hahaha! That means the last 6 years of my life in architecture school have just been an asbestos fest hahaha!

If you're cutting or sanding it it's super bad. I believe it's banned in the US? If its just sat around its not so bad but it's definitely a good idea to get its sealed up. The particles are so fine it's really not good for you.

oh then it's probably ok. Most of it would be cut/sanded/whatever else where and then brought into studio. Mind you, there was lots of things like spraymount, paints and glues always being used. you kinda get used to it.

16 BIT COLO(U)RS MAKE YOU CRYSTAL CASTLES!!!

alice-glass-crystal-castles-dance-gif-Favim.com-371089.gif

actually, that's a seriously neat little solution to making a stand. I'd be tempted to look into making something like that, but I've no space in my room, but I might be getting one of the spare rooms in the next few months to turn into a maankaev. I'd sort something out then.