Interview with Matt on 3voor12 - 04-05/06/13

Bells

Roosmarijn Reijmer interviewed Matt before the show tonight, if I'm not mistaken, and he spoke about the advantages (weather control, the crowd stays warmer, better lightning) and disadvantages (compromises part of the extravagant production) of playing an Arena that has a roof, the things he's been listening to lately etc.

You can read it (in dutch) here: http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2013/juni/Interview-Muse-in-Arena.html

You can listen to it here: http://www.3fm.nl/gemist#/ajax/overlay/gemist/fragment/107590

Love the video interview and glad I watched it instead of going with the written blurb. I don't understand why reporters always oversimplify. I despise the ones that misquote.

For example, the video interview was ten times more interesting and intelligent. The reporter did hit on a few things I've always been curious about, aka the cost, but I'm glad he didn't ask about this tour's carbon footprint. Yet, I do like the irony of the excess of the stadium shows for the primary reason that I'd love to see one, but I'd completely understand if they cut back their production next tour. As a concert goer, I'm always impressed with this band for the quality of their performances and the innovation that they strive for. One of the other things I agree with the reporter on is how rare the band is. They're huge risk-takers, not just in music directions or technology, but also in the realms of social media, film, and connecting with their fans. I also liked the ideas Mr. Bellamy touched on - not just human instinct of build and repair - but what a lot of industries are going through. More for less but at what cost.

You see - there's all this thought-provoking material that gets dropped out for an overemphasis on mutated data. And...I've rambled far too much.

Love the video interview and glad I watched it instead of going with the written blurb. I don't understand why reporters always oversimplify. I despise the ones that misquote.

For example, the video interview was ten times more interesting and intelligent. The reporter did hit on a few things I've always been curious about, aka the cost, but I'm glad he didn't ask about this tour's carbon footprint. Yet, I do like the irony of the excess of the stadium shows for the primary reason that I'd love to see one, but I'd completely understand if they cut back their production next tour. As a concert goer, I'm always impressed with this band for the quality of their performances and the innovation that they strive for. One of the other things I agree with the reporter on is how rare the band is. They're huge risk-takers, not just in music directions or technology, but also in the realms of social media, film, and connecting with their fans. I also liked the ideas Mr. Bellamy touched on - not just human instinct of build and repair - but what a lot of industries are going through. More for less but at what cost.

You see - there's all this thought-provoking material that gets dropped out for an overemphasis on mutated data. And...I've rambled far too much.

Last year I read a long article about the band, which asked the questions about Ms Hudson and her family, their child, and made a few Radiohead comments, of course!, and then - literally - had a short paragraph that said "Bellamy talked about politics and sociology for a while, he was genuinely fascinating to hear, and brought in all these references to people and theories, etc, etc"

And NEVER transcribes what Bellemy was actually talking about...

I am still pissed thinking about it.

Last year I read a long article about the band, which asked the questions about Ms Hudson and her family, their child, and made a few Radiohead comments, of course!, and then - literally - had a short paragraph that said "Bellamy talked about politics and sociology for a while, he was genuinely fascinating to hear, and brought in all these references to people and theories, etc, etc"

And NEVER transcribes what Bellemy was actually talking about...

I am still pissed thinking about it.

I kind of went a on rant about it, because it reminded me of the two times I've been interviewed by newspaper reporters. One grilled me for an hour and then summed me up in one blurb that focused on a really minor part, and the other I barely said much of anything to, who then wrote the most asinine quote and attributed it to me. Damn Pioneer Press! You suck! :LOL: The really funny thing was the Star Tribune then picked up the Pioneer Press quote and perverted it even further. I thought about calling them up and correcting it, but it just wasn't worth it. Though, it did give my co-workers something to laugh about.