Love this

That would be a tonal whiplash and a half.

But yeah, it would be pretty impressive.

Better than my first ever setlist :$

Starlight into Stockholm Syndrome is gold (but not as bad as Feeling Good into Stockholm Syndrome :stunned:)

Tbf the real Muse did Starlight into Stockholm on the Resistance tour quite a lot.

Didn't work as badly as it sounds on paper, but TIRO or Plug in Baby in-between would work much better.

Imagine if they went from Citizen Erased into the Globalist? Like during the piano section at the end of CE, Matt messed around for a few seconds during the interchanged and then the Globalist began.

Or even more crazily, imagine if in the middle of Citizen Erased they went into the Globalist riff.

Meh, I like The Globalist for what it is, but I really don't think they need to be in the same set personally, and I'd still choose Citizen Erased every time. I also don't think I'd enjoy having one of my all time favourite Muse songs chopped in half for ten minutes, haha!

Globalist riff into Citizen Erased?

Or maybe the Globalist riff as the second rock section of CE. I know it's really bizarre, but I just think it would be quite a shocking proggy-mixup.

:noey: don’t force bits of TG onto CE just ‘cos of that ‘sequel’ bollocks, only do stuff like that if it genuinely fits (i.e. my actually underratedly genius idea of adding the very end on the Showbiz solo onto The Handler solo circa 2015 which I have never not done since and remain determined to mention so others will do the same)

CE > (Hoodoo) > TG > Prelude > Survival works well as one long flowing sequence if you wanna do something along that route. Might be a bit full on irl though, you’re talking 22-25 minutes which is like 1/4 of a whole Muse gig. CE > TG also technically works and I wouldn’t be surprised if the band even considered it at one point but realised that a) it’d mean playing CE more regularly, and b) the constant switching between instruments/tones and similar piano outros after drop A riffage probs wouldn’t work as well in practice.

:noey: don’t force bits of TG onto CE just ‘cos of that ‘sequel’ bollocks, only do stuff like that if it genuinely fits (i.e. my actually underratedly genius idea of adding the very end on the Showbiz solo onto The Handler solo circa 2015 which I have never not done since and remain determined to mention so others will do the same)

CE > (Hoodoo) > TG > Prelude > Survival works well as one long flowing sequence if you wanna do something along that route. Might be a bit full on irl though, you’re talking 22-25 minutes which is like 1/4 of a whole Muse gig. CE > TG also technically works and I wouldn’t be surprised if the band even considered it at one point but realised that a) it’d mean playing CE more regularly, and b) the constant switching between instruments/tones and similar piano outros after drop A riffage probs wouldn’t work as well in practice.

Oh I'm not saying do the whole of TG - just the centre heavy bit, or at least a snippet. Merely more a suggestion, given I'm not sure bisecting CE to play The Globalist would work.

But I do agree CE into Globalist would be a bit exhausting, plus all the instrument switching would be a hell of a faff.

It certainly would be exhausting, but Dom said the same thing about Knights being at the end of the set.

For me it wasn't anything to do with the Globalist being a sequel to CE, in fact I really don't believe that at all. The idea for me came about because they're some of the few Muse songs that can be categorised as 'Progressive Rock'.

Sure, B&H is also prog rock, but it wouldn't fit as well to either of the aforementioned songs, methinks.

It certainly would be exhausting, but Dom said the same thing about Knights being at the end of the set.

For me it wasn't anything to do with the Globalist being a sequel to CE, in fact I really don't believe that at all. The idea for me came about because they're some of the few Muse songs that can be categorised as 'Progressive Rock'.

Sure, B&H is also prog rock, but it wouldn't fit as well to either of the aforementioned songs, methinks.

You wouldn't flow the CE outro into the B&H intro?

Actually when you put it like that... Yea actually, I suppose it could work. Morgan and Matt would have to swap for it to work I think since Matt would already be on the piano and Morgan would need to play the guitar in that case.

Not unless Matt decides to play the outdo on guitar and Morgan also does it on piano with him. How did they do the outro this year?

Not unless Matt decides to play the outdo on guitar and Morgan also does it on piano with him. How did they do the outro this year?

This year was with Matt on the piano and Morgan is playing one of his - what looks to be - synthesizers. Though I'm not really sure what layer of the ending section is Morgan's doing.

1. Map Of The Problematique

2. Thought Contagion

3. Panic Station

4. Supermassive Black Hole

5. Animals

6. MK Ultra

7. Assassin

8. Citizen Erased

9. United States Of Eurasia

10. Endlessly

11. Glorious

12. Muscle Museum

13. Plug In Baby

14. Stockholm Syndrome + Riffs

Encore

15. Butterflies & Hurricanes

16. Survival

Encore

17. Futurism

18. Reapers

Dom’s referring to physical exhaustion when he says that though :chuckle: we mean exhausting mentally, for the audience

Actually when you put it like that... Yea actually, I suppose it could work. Morgan and Matt would have to swap for it to work I think since Matt would already be on the piano and Morgan would need to play the guitar in that case.

Wait, why would they need to swap anything? If you’re doing CE into B&H, Matt’d just...get up from the piano and grab a guitar while the intro plays.

This year was with Matt on the piano and Morgan is playing one of his - what looks to be - synthesizers. Though I'm not really sure what layer of the ending section is Morgan's doing.

You really can’t hear the synths over the end of CE live? I’d post a link but it’s kinda obvious in all of them.

Dom’s referring to physical exhaustion when he says that though :chuckle: we mean exhausting mentally, for the audience.

Basically, this.

If we're talking the full 17 minutes of the two of them back-to-back (plus also with the Drones tape, adding another 2-3), it would probably be too much. But I don't necessarily mind the idea of a 30-60 second bit of the Globalist riff as an intro, similar to how Maggie's Farm was used a few times on the Absolution Tour as a CE intro.

~The Man Who Sold The World (Midge Ure)~

Space Dementia

Map Of The Problematique + A Song For The Dead outro

Assassin

City Of Delusion

The Handler

Reapers

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Apocalypse Please

Sunburn

Ruled By Secrecy

New Born

Uno

Cave

Hate This & I’ll Love You

Screenager

*(Muscle Museum)#2*

Muscle Museum

Showbiz

Micro Cuts

Dead Star

Stockholm Syndrome + several riffs

Hyper Chondriac Music

~What’s He Building? (Tom Waits)~

Citizen Erased

Shine (Acoustic) [Glorious loop intro + outro]

Starlight

Plug In Baby

Bliss

~I Can’t Stop Loving You (Ray Charles)~

no your opinion is wrong

imagine

I really like that fan cover, Is it just me or does his silhouette look similar to Chris' outline?

Speaking of which, I'm glad to hear about the success of his surgery. (Sorry for off-topic remark)

This "Globalist Erased" thing could work really well live by the original band. Even as just a one-off thing like the FAWY riff before Knights that one or two times.

Edited by TheSmallPrint02

Apocalypse Please

Muscle Museum

Falling Away With You

Interlude

Hysteria

Space Dementia

MK Ultra

Map of the Problematique

Dark Shines

Futurism

Hyper Music

Endlessly

New Born

Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses Edit)

Dead Inside

Unintended

Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Fury

Bliss

----

Uprising

The Handler

Sunburn

Dead Star

----

Uno

Ruled By Secrecy

Citizen Erased

Stockholm Syndrome

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Contagion

{Drill Sergeant}

Psycho

Map of the Problematique

Dead Star

Interlude + Hysteria

Dig Down

{Isolated System}

Invincible

Supermassive Black Hole

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Bliss (ext.)

Munich Jam

Showbiz (SBE Outro)

Stockholm Syndrome

Hyper Music

Time is Running Out

Starlight

Uprising

Knights of Cydonia

New Born

Plug in Baby

Take a Bow

Started off intending to do a festival set and ended up more stadium-y... meh.

1. Psycho

2. Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who riff

3. Supermassive Black Hole

4. Thought Contagion

5. Hysteria

6. Butterflies and Hurricanes

Isolated System

7. Showbiz

8. Plug in Baby

9. Citizen Erased

10. Apocalypse Please

11. Munich Jam + Dig Down

12. Bliss

13. Time is Running Out

14. Reapers

15. Unsustainable

16. Uprising

17. Starlight

18. Knights of Cydonia

19. Dead Star

20. Stockholm Syndrome + riffs

21. Agitated

22. Take a Bow

1. Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses version)

2. Exo-Politics

3. Eternally Missed

4. Hyper Music

5. Plug in Baby

6. Isolated System

7. Glorious

8. Easily

9. Supermassive Black Hole

10. Citizen Erased

11. New Born

12. Crying Shame

13. Uno