The transition between Hyper Music and Hysteria could be done by some guitar wankery by Matt, given Hysteria is only the bass at the very start, giving Matt time to switch guitars.

But that wouldn't be the best 2 songs to have a quick transition inbetween, anyway.

Unless you were joking I'm fairly certain this is about as unrealistic as it gets.

Yes...I suppose you're right. I wrote that post from start to finish without going back to the start, and before I made it I figured I would end up making it more realistic than I did,. Sorry 'bout that :$ .

And I actually have not studied any of Muse's past setlists, so I apologize for the crazy un-realism of my first attempt at making a setlist. But hey, maybe I'll get to see Muse on tour when they (eventually) come to America and I'll get a better idea of how the set works. :D

At any rate, I think that set would be pretty awesome, and I'm pretty sure it would flow decently, though I suppose it would probably sooner end with the Madness-Knights of Cydonia part than have that in the middle.

Yes...I suppose you're right. I wrote that post from start to finish without going back to the start, and before I made it I figured I would end up making it more realistic than I did,. Sorry 'bout that :$ .

There's nothing to be sorry about :D It just looks more of an ideal setlist than realistic.

This may sound like a stupid question, but how could they do Hyper Music directly into Hysteria when they're in different tunings? Unless you meant New Born directly into Hyper Music.

No, I meant exactly what I meant. Something like this (a quick mix I just made for illustrating it): http://www.goear.com/listen/f1ab4e0/hyper-hysteria-muse

No Interlude, no pause before Hysteria, just throw it in the face of the audience like that.

PS. Hyper Music is in Dm and Hysteria is in Am, they're correlative chords so it doesn't sound that bad. It's not like seguing Animals (in D#m) with, let's say, Falling Down (in A major) ;)

There was a guitar change after just about every song in Brighton, IIRC.

I agree with the less guitar changes. There's some obvious changes that definitely need to be done (the seven string for Citizen Erased, hint hint, mr Bellamy... for example) but swapping guitars between almost every song is definitely too much. He played almost every song with different guitars in Belfast too, he only kept the same (the Stratocaster) for Hyper Music>Agitated if I recall right. And maybe Uno>Hysteria too.

No, I meant exactly what I meant. Something like this (a quick mix I just made for illustrating it): http://www.goear.com/listen/f1ab4e0/hyper-hysteria-muse

No Interlude, no pause before Hysteria, just throw it in the face of the audience like that.

PS. Hyper Music is in Dm and Hysteria is in Am, they're correlative chords so it doesn't sound that bad. It's not like seguing Animals (in D#m) with, let's say, Falling Down (in A major) ;)

It's not about the key change it's about the fact that they're in two different guitar tunings, matt would have to retune his guitars low E from Drop D to standard mid song and chris needs the chance to change his bass to play the main riff to hysteria - it just wouldn't work

It just breaks the flow. It adds 20-30 seconds gap between songs for little to no significantly noticeable difference in sound/tone.

Yep. As a guitar player, I understand that there's also other factors besides the sound: there are some songs which are more convenient to play on a certain guitar due to its weight, fret action, tuning, etc... But swapping guitars definitely DOES affect the flow of the show, no doubt. They should group songs with similar tunings to make it easier, as it's already been suggested.

It's not about the key change it's about the fact that they're in two different guitar tunings, matt would have to retune his guitars low E from Drop D to standard mid song and chris needs the chance to change his bass to play the main riff to hysteria - it just wouldn't work

Ah, I get it now. Yeah, you definitely got a point there, I hadn't thought of that when I designed that setlist. I just thought they both would sound cool played one straight after another - and they in fact do.

It's not like seguing Animals (in D#m) with, let's say, Falling Down (in A major) ;)

You know what works really well? Animals into Showbiz. Seriously, start the drumming during the "riot" outro and they form one 9:30 epic.

Also pretty much anything heavy and minor key into Reapers.

I challenge someone to make a piano based setlist where Matt doesn't pick up a guitar :p

There's been plenty!

Sunburn Piano Version, Cave Piano Version, SD, Screenager Piano, Megalomania

1. Apocalypse Please

2. Sunburn (piano version)

3. I Belong to You

4. Cave (piano version)

5. Butterflies and Hurricanes (piano version)

6. United States of Eurasia

7. Screenager

8. Hoodoo

9. Soldiers Poem (piano version)

10. Exo Part 3 Redemption

11. Endlessly

12. Feeling Good

13. Space Dementia

14. Ruled by Secrecy

15. Megalomania