Poor UK Ticket Sales and Future Musical Direction

JamesA

It does look spectacular in the daylight as well, tbf. But yes, not as much as at night time.

If they've sold 15,000, that's still a better fill rate then on the US Tour when they played to 5,000 in a 20,000 venue on a few occasions (was it 4,500 in Cincinnati?). I'd be surprised if they cancelled it but Scandinavia really seems to have bad luck with keeping Muse gigs on.

Yeah, if they do sell 15.000, it wouldn't be that bad and I don't think they would cancel. But they won't publish any info regarding ticket-sale except that they 'Hope to sell 18.000, and tickets are being sold every day'.

I don't think Muse would cancel it and the reason the KOL-gig ain't happening is due to the band themselves wanting to cancel it, not the organizers.

Still though, rumors have it that the Sweden gigs during the TR-tour was due to that exact reason, but it was never confirmed.

Still though, rumors have it that the Sweden gigs during the TR-tour was due to that exact reason, but it was never confirmed.

That was just one gig though. And if they hadn't booked the gig at such a shitty place in Stockholm, maybe they would've sold more.

Yeah, if they do sell 15.000, it wouldn't be that bad and I don't think they would cancel. But they won't publish any info regarding ticket-sale except that they 'Hope to sell 18.000, and tickets are being sold every day'.

I don't think Muse would cancel it and the reason the KOL-gig ain't happening is due to the band themselves wanting to cancel it, not the organizers.

If they get 15-18,000 they should be fine.

Maybe low ticket sales did for an outdoor Sweden gig on this tour, although I daresay they'll be back at some point after the cancellation of the gigs last November. Though I think I heard somewhere Matt said one of the Norway stadium gigs was booked to make up for the cancellation of the Oslo gig in the arenas.

The Killers haven't managed it either and neither have Green Day this year, and they're only doing one date each.

the green day one did sell out in the end and according to nme and got the record attendance for a concert at the emirates but tickets were available til very late.

Money is the problem as i know a few people who would have gone to see muse but didn't because they just couldn't afford it when in previous years they would have gone.

The Killers haven't managed it either and neither have Green Day this year, and they're only doing one date each.

Some people in The Killers convoy are claiming they've sold out. They have sold out GA and the Level 2 section, but not Level 5. But then those sections aren't exactly the most desirable of a stadium rock gig.

This city and country sucks pretty badly. Crowds are AWFUL and only artists that can sell out a larger-sized venue is Springsteen and Bowie lol.

Take away Bowie and you have a perfect description of Sweden.

Add Iron Maiden and Metallica and you have Finland. I don't think Bowie has performed at huge venues- would love to see him, though.

I looked at the ticket seller's website and it doesn't seem like there has been a lot of progress with the Muse Helsinki ticket sales in the last couple of months - like at tops a sale of few hundred additional tickets. I also noticed while in Helsinki that they have concert ads all over the metro - at least they are trying. I'd estimate it's going to be a 20 000-25 000 crowd at a venue of 40 000-45 000. Since I now live in Helsinki part-time at least they will get one additional ticket sale from me :awesome:

An article in Bergensavisen, one of the biggest local newspapers around here. They don't say directly that it might happen, but the whole article is leading up to it.

http://www.ba.no/nyheter/article6691599.ece

Is there a chance that this concert will be canceled as well?

Everything can happen. You never have any guarantees, but the plan is that they'll do the gig at the stadium.

And talking about sucky place to have a gig, the sun doesn't go down before like 23.30 PM during mid-summer so the stage-show won't be as spectacular as other places.

Yep, and why they are doing to gigs in Norway is very strange(why not one in Stockholm?), if they only played on Ullevål, they could have sold it out. Koengen is a much better place also :p

don't think it has anything to do with the band's sound or musical direction.

prices get higher every year, they covered most of the UK with an arena tour only a few months before and I think that was the biggest problem.

that and the shitty support acts that warner force them to go on tour with. Apart from EE, they should have played every stadium date! Only half-decent band that Muse have shared a stage with in forever!!!

No idea if it's the same in other areas, but here in the US, there always seems to be tickets released at the last minute.

I've gotten some really great tickets by waiting until the day before.

Usually GA, and oddball seat sections, was told that they often release extra tickets once they figure out exactly how big the stage is?

I have also heard that some broker's tickets revert back to the venue at the last minute, if unsold, but that could be a conspiracy theory.

• 2 weeks later...

The arena tour last year was pretty comprehensive and I think the stadium tour coming straight after is probably what has affected sales, people just can't afford it, things are pretty tight financially for all of us. I reckon they maybe should have waited until next Spring to do a stadium tour.

I don't think they have fewer fans, some may have deserted with the more recent output but they have probably gained as many more.

Just don't cancel Helsinki lads... my flight and hotel are booked and I can't get a refund!

X