Rate / Rank Muse songs live

Frakkles

UD was good because its slowness and 'boringness' weren't apparent from the seats, because I was gonna be motionless either way. It was like listening to the song on record, which I like.

Only except for the fact that live it misses every good aspect of the album version (atmosphere, mood, echoes, backing vocals).

Uprising has been shite this tour compared to how good it seems to have been on the Resistance tour

What :LOL:

I liked Explorers because it was placed perfectly in the set at the gig I'm not allowed to mention, after the insanity that was Knights. Perfect breather, and again, I like the song as a piece of music.

Explorers was a massive buzzkill after Knights. It was more than the 'perfect breather'; it was the go-get-a-drink-or-go-for-a-piss-or-grab-a-quick-nap-song. I like it on the album but it should never be played live.

That's not what you said though.

And Ari's right. Uprising at Reading was shit.

I'm saying I didn't enjoy it that much when I saw it, especially in comparison to how good videos of past versions have seemed.

As for Reading, just rewatched it and yeah, it's not great. I'm probably thinking of another performance, but this tour's Uprising is still pretty poor from what I've seen, especially since the new red bass.

Uprising is pretty crap in general.

Nah, it's fun and good live.

As for Reading, just rewatched it and yeah, it's not great. I'm probably thinking of another performance, but this tour's Uprising is still pretty poor from what I've seen, especially since the new red bass.

Or maybe you're just wrong.

As usual.

I'm saying I didn't enjoy it that much when I saw it, especially in comparison to how good videos of past versions have seemed.

The entire second half of Reading/Leeds was shit tbh.

I don't think Uprising sounds any better or any worse than last tour. Still a standard, uninteresting song.

Nah, it's fun and good live.

The only fun thing about Uprising (this tour at least) is the guitar throwing.

Or maybe you're just wrong.

As usual.

/Fabri

A lot of people say the bass sounds a lot better this tour, but it's not great. His mids are way too high and there's not enough bass, in comparison to the TR tour when there was too much bass and not enough mids :chuckle:

Wouldn't like to see it leave the set though, there's a lot of songs in the set that are much worse than Uprising, and I'd still love to see Unsustainable into Uprising live

With the exception of Guiding Light I enjoyed the whole set at the Emirates. However I do agree Blackout missed something with Chris playing guitar.

Surprisingly, Feeling Good has improved on each occasion I've seen it. At the O2 in 2009 I hated it but at the Emirates it sounded really good. Undisclosed Desires and Resistance have also improved, although they were both awful at Reading and dull at the 2012 arena show.

Uprising, Supermassive Black Hole, Time is Running Out, Plug in Baby and Knights of Cydonia are all great tunes live, particularly on the moshpit floor. Starlight is also good fun to sing too, although I can live without it - particularly if Matt's not going to play guitar.

Map of the Problematique and Bliss are always great fun live. I remember Stockholm Syndrome being better than New Born live, but I haven't seen SS since Reading. Same with Hysteria, although I never found it as good as others.

Of T2L, there's a lot of great songs. They've also all improved live since the first airing, which ironically was the first time I actually liked Madness in any way, shape or form.

Few thoughts. Everyone has different thoughts anyway...

I'm probably retreading old ground here... I agree, I thought it sounded great but it could be improved with some effects. I don't understand why Matt doesn't use them because surely they'd compliment his natural ability? It's not as though he's auto-tuning and miming for 2 hours.

Okay so I've only been to one Muse gig so far. So ill base this off that.

Starlight didnt impress me, it was a decent song that the audience seemed to lose interest in halfway through.

SMBH, however, was filled with mosh pits and screaming along in the audience, making it much more fun.

Best Live Songs:

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

Darkshines

Stockholm Syndrome

New Born

Worst Live Songs (compared to having just heard OoS in it's entirety I suppose):

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance

Starlight (even though I do like the song)