Watching Muse tomorrow but I've missed the last 6 years...

ChrisB269

Hi, firstly apologies if this thread is in the wrong place!

I'm off to the Emirates tomorrow to watch Muse (very excited to relive my youth) but have sort of missed the past 6 years in Muse-history.

I was just wondering if I could trouble you guys for a potted history of what I've missed (key songs, what to expect live, etc) since I last experienced Muse at Wembley Stadium in 2007. What a night that was, btw...

You have a high chance of getting Showbiz songs and rarer songs like Dead Star.

Matt doesn't like playing guitar anymore.

Their sets are even longer than when they played at Wembley.

Starlight is apparently a good closer.

Pyro.

Robots, lightbulbs, gasoline, and corporate people.

Majority of songs from The 2nd Law of course.

also expect some radical musical eclecticism. Muse are now all for stuffing as many genres into an album as humanly possible. Expect symphonic rock, pop, some dubstep-sorta electro stuff, Queen and funky.

More casual, better known songs since TR are Uprising, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, Supremacy, Panic Station and Madness. Also Survival, but people tend to headbang to that song a lot less than they should.

• A lot more theatrics and stage elements to the show. The stage is themed around being a powerhouse that is polluting the world. I think the whole idea of the show is to send the message that we need a more sustainable future not based on fossil fuels and other pollutants.

• All the songs that they will play from the new album (The 2nd Law) are really great songs (besides Explorer which is a really boring piano ballad)

• Their second to newest album (The Resistance) had some really awesome tracks but they will play all the worst and most pop music oriented tracks from that album.

• Muse has been surprisingly good about bringing out some rarities so far on the stadium tour such as Bliss, Sunburn, Dead Star, and Blackout. On the arena tour many other rarities were played like Falling Down, Ruled By Secrecy, and Micro Cuts which may or may not return.

I was just wondering if I could trouble you guys for a potted history of what I've missed (key songs, what to expect live, etc) since I last experienced Muse at Wembley Stadium in 2007. What a night that was, btw...

I was in a similar sort of situation. I kept up with the album releases but until Coventry last week my previous Muse gig was also Wembley in 2007! (I took an unexpected break from gigs for several years after starting a new job...)

Wasn't too sure what to expect but the set was bigger, longer and more interactive I felt, had a fantastic night!

I hope you enjoyed the Emirates! :)