Muse and 'World War Z'

KirkBot

I just posted that in the other thread, but I've just had a thought: the gig is happening right after the world premiere of the film and is being held especially FOR the premiere of the film, so we might have a screen showing us the premiere at Leicester Square, and the people at L Square, in turn, will have a screen to watch the Muse show... otherwise there's no link to the premiere at all. It would just be a gig held nearby! I has a feeling that's what the two hour wait is for - premiere stuff.

I think it there was to be a film premiere at the gig, they would have said that. No it will just be standing around with recorded music playing most probably.

I think it there was to be a film premiere at the gig, they would have said that. No it will just be standing around with recorded music playing most probably.

I think she means that it'll be red carpet coverage, rather than an actual screening of the film... Which I think is very possible.

It makes no sense to let us in two hours before just to stand around, though. The only reason they're even doing a one-off gig is for the premiere of this movie, so I'd expect there'd be something, anything linking to it. Otherwise it's just a random gig that happens to be on after some premiere.

I'm feeling very foolish. Assumed signing up to the main site would include the e-mail thing... Gah. I do however see that the code will be released on the World War Z website as well though. Do you think trying to get tickets via this method will stand the same chance as those who've been e-mailed the codes? Will be trying regardless but would like to be realistic about my chances.

There were some given out on Twitter, Facebook, and the email list. It looks like tickets are gone now.

Yeah I saw there were some being banded about. Didn't know where they came from and they didn't work. Never mind. I was in two minds anyway, so didn't try hard enough.

I think they went live at different times :( there were three different codes and separate links to Ticketmaster for them with The Sun's one going on first I think. I kept trying them all on rotation from 9 am onwards but seems like they were gone before then :(

Ah well!

Edited by eMJaaay

I managed to get tickets without any hassle. There was a generic code on the mailing list email.

I couldn't see any kind of code on my email. I just checked it again, and still can't see a code. Not that it matters now, but for interest's sake.

Does anyone know if the show will be streamed over the internet?

Yep

http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/2013/05/28/03006-20130528ARTFIG00415-muse-en-concert-apocalyptique-pour-world-war-z.php

French article (sorry) but the most important is "For the unfortunate fans : the concert will be filmed by Paramount Pictures, the film's producer and posted later." :)