2013.06.02 - Horse Guards Parade, London, UK

JessicaSarahS

Woah! I reaaaally enjoyed that!!! Thought they were great despite the shorter setlist, and I was lucky enough to stand in that inner circle area, never been so close to the guys, was amaaazing! :D

On a bit of a tangent, for anyone who enjoyed Bowman's DJ set, there was a kinda dubstep sounding song she played with a female voice over it (couldn't understand any of the lyrics :p) but does anyone know the name of this song? Thanks!

White Noise - Disclosure ft. AlunaGeorge

Far better than I expected it to be. For a free gig it was pretty impressive, they really went all out on lights, pyro, lasers and smoke, didn't think they woulld, and the sound was a lot better than Emirates too.

Was near the back so saw Brad Pitt too :LOL:

George Osborne@George_Osborne 4h Part of the strange life of living in Downing St. Watching with my son as @muse play live over the back garden pic.twitter.com/MZXOsUKtIl

Goes to show what a liar he is as that's taken from inside the horse guard!

Was a u inside with seating and that's the seating view from VIP.

Suppose he can't help being a compulsive liar unless he's now living in

Horse guard parade.....

I have no voice today and an achy jaw, but a big smile on my face.

Did anyone get a video of madness? My iPhone ran out of battery

54 sec into it

We had a great time last night but the crowd where we were (not far from the main barrier, right side) really was pathetic :stunned: Thankfully, a couple of guys and a woman came and stood next to us and were far more lively than most of the other people around us :)

Packing now for my flight to Amsterdam this afternoon :happy:

We had a great time last night but the crowd where we were (not far from the main barrier, right side) really was pathetic :stunned: Thankfully, a couple of guys and a woman came and stood next to us and were far more lively than most of the other people around us :)

Agree with that - crowd were pretty dull: been a downhill slide at every gig in terms of crowd madness but the lads are now mainstream I guess. They were professional and really went for it though - top performance as ever. My only whinges would be there were was no riffage, intros or anything from Showbiz or OOS. But I guess that would be been asking a lot..

It was good to be there last night, didn't think I was going to make it, rubbish songs obviously, they played all the crap ones, didn't know the new ones that well as I'm not really into Muse any-more. Muse have been mainstream since 2004 get it right people.

But it was free & a good end to a great day!

I was very near the front of the unreserved standing section. Attached a pic of where we were.

Crowd was good where we were, but then I guess it was right at the front (about two rows of people away from the barrier). Everyone around us seemed to know all the songs. Great night! Even if the encore wasn't real, I like to think it was :) Loved Matt's 'apt comment' and the f-bombs in various songs.

Waiting for the video to be released now!

1370184002751_me.thumb.jpg.c82106eb2f4e3cfe4a23adf99e60ae68.jpg

We had a great time last night but the crowd where we were (not far from the main barrier, right side) really was pathetic :stunned:

Yeah same happened to me over at Matt's side people literally just standing not doing anything. Has happened in the last few gigs as well. Kinda takes away some of the magic from seeing muse live that I don't get to jump around and sing with other hardcore musers :(

I wish I could have jumped around but I had a rucksack on and didn't want to knock anyone out with it. Great gig though! I was in the middle an couldn't really see a lot because I'm so short but can't really complain for a freebie!

Muse brought it to the table last night, absolutely outstanding!

I saw them live in 2008, to think 5 years later they've gotten even better live, it just blows my mind! Can tell a lot of the crowd had gotten in for free though, as they just stood there, dead, cold and stiff. But as long as us die hard fans and Brad Pitt were happy right? ;)

As many above have stated Muse were, as expected, spectacular!

Also finally got to meet some fellow board members who were kind enough to let me join them save being stood on my own for the whole gig :) Many thanks to Bells90 and her friends for putting up with me, made for a great night! ;)

I was stood on the left hand side about 25-30m from the stage. The crowd were keen but fairly sedate initially - but then I didn't expect it to be a full on Muse riot! But once the Knights intro started it was almost back to the usual Muse crowd around me! I almost got the feeling that it was a lot of peoples first time in the crowd and they all seemed to really enjoy it when the jumping started as pretty much everyone joined in where I was! TIRO was a spectacular finish as well with the crowd fully into that too!

100% worth driving down from the Etihad :)

As Matt said: Come on, it's a free gig in London!

Here's a couple of quick photos from my phone:

wp000373e.jpg

wp000368v.jpg

Edited by gKimber

The gig was great. Good setlist overall and more effects than I expected, since it was a free gig and all. It was just lasers and pyro galore! I got a good standing place near the outer barrier, right in the middle, thanks to Forgetyourlove :).

It was awesome! Got a great spot right in front of Matt on inner z barrier. I don't care they played the well known stuff, it's not rubbish it's all Muse, it's all Amazing! Crowd round me were lively n bouncy as usual! :) Only wish I was off to Amsterdam with the others!

All I can say was it was absolutely awesome! Way better than expected, the proper encore at the end was very nice as well.

I somehow (no idea) managed to get into the golden circle and will probably never end up being so close to them ever again, could literally touch matt and chris whilst they were performing. Was at the front infront of the drum kit and also on the catwalk barrier at the same time (some weird stage setup, think it was in the shape of a Z, i was in the top inside right corner of the 7 bit). The atmosphere was surprisingly good, and it was nice being able to hear the drums 'manually' and not through the speakers.

Both my phone and camera decided not to work, which sucked. I was the guy wearing a sonisphere tshirt (don't ask), met a few boardies I believe.