I thought they were recording The 2nd Law when the movie started being filmed? Like 2 years ago?

In fact, Matt said he was reading the book during the period of recording. :LOL: I think they approached Muse a bit later on so they can't be arsed to come up with new songs and instead allow them to use whatever they've done.

They were asked to make music for the movie (not sure if it was a full score), but they were intensively touring so they couldn't. 2009-2010 I think

Oh ok. Probably just as well as the CoTT remake looked poor.

Actually, after this tour is over they should take some time off the road to fully score a movie.

That would be cool. What sort of film could they do?

In fact, Matt said he was reading the book during the period of recording. :LOL: I think they approached Muse a bit later on so they can't be arsed to come up with new songs and instead allow them to use whatever they've done.

Yeah Matt said Isolated System and Survival has inspiration in that sort of apocalyptic scenario. Though World War Z is a good book. I red it a few months ago and thought it was quite good.

It must've been like the Olympics, given they approached Muse around the time The 2nd Law was being written too.

This film's been around for ages - it says they started auctioning the rights to make WWZ into a film in 2007, and it was being re-written in 2008/09. So it's been a hell of a long time coming.

Because Panic Station would be a shit choice of song for a Zombie movie? :LOL:

You seem to know your stuff so I'm going to repeat this question to you since I got no answer last time (that I know of at least):

Why are people even assuming Follow Me is in the movie?

They were asked to make music for the movie (not sure if it was a full score), but they were intensively touring so they couldn't. 2009-2010 I think

They actually started with it and had a bunch of material that was just thrown away when they said they didn't have time for it.

I really don't understand why they are promoting Follow Me with the movie instead of Panic Station which has been released 4 days ago as a single

Who knows wtf has been up with any of the singles after Madness? It's not like any of them were given much of a chance, or promotion.

Panic Station was pretty doa when it showed up in the US officially, really.

Maybe they plan to make a big push on Follow Me now? Would be weird, though.

Everyone's assuming Follow Me, since it was used in the trailer for the gig. Have to admit it would be weird to use that song if it WASN'T the other song in the film, but you never know.

Not exactly sure why the ambiguity over what song the 2nd one is in all the interviews, either. Not like it's new and exciting. :'(

I feel like I don't need to bother seeing the movie now.

:LOL: My thoughts as well. That trailer probably has better editing than the movie ever will. But we'll see how it turns out. My friend is dying to see it (before he knew about the Muse connection), but I think it'll flop.

It had a $200 million budget, and then I think ended up costing $400 million.

:stunned: When was the last time a movie actually had a budget like that and actually had a positive turnover? (apart from Avatar, which ended up costing... 200 million?)

It seems incredibly unrealistic for a zombie flick to make that much money... even if it is supposed to be a more serious one.

I remember hearing that it went way over budget due to the last half having to be completely rewritten and refilmed, and a ton of complications/injuries.

Despite the fact that every time I see Pitt now I think of that perfume commercial (and I haven't enjoyed a movie he was in since about 2000) the movie *could* be entertaining... but I don't see how it could be something special.

What made the book so great was it did something different with the genre; the war is over, and it's a collection of stories that put a personal point of view to the zombie apocalypse (which is, to say the least, not exactly flattering to humanity in most cases.)

And ties a lot of relevant and current topics into how the infection started, and impacted the world.

Some of those current issue type stories were more chilling than the actual zombie plague.

I don't see them being able to incorporate much of that into a movie, personally, and it looks like it boils down to "one man has to choose between saving family, or saving the world" with zombie action.

However, if the 45 minute gig is part of the DVD special features, I will end up buying it. Those sons of bitches.

It had a $200 million budget, and then I think ended up costing $400 million.

Nah it started at $125 and ended up costing $200 after the reshoot.

:stunned: When was the last time a movie actually had a budget like that and actually had a positive turnover? (apart from Avatar, which ended up costing... 200 million?)

The last one was The Avengers.

In all fairness Avatar was a bad film (IMO) and it made a profit so there is hope :LOL:

The last one was The Avengers.

Avengers cost $200 million + and made $1.5 Billion

Ah right, cheers. :happy:

In all fairness Avatar was a bad film (IMO) and it made a profit so there is hope :LOL:

Yeah, the only thing it had was it's spectacular use of special effects. Other than that it was pretty crap :LOL:

Avatar looked amazing, but the story was regurgitated crap... :(

The beastiality still confuses me. :LOL:

That was supposed to be $300 million, not $400 million. :twitchy: My phone is a piece of excrement.

Although a lot of the information came from rival studios, it's widely believe that the $175-200 million Paramount admits to is a bit low, with some studios claiming that if everything was disclosed, the budget for the film ranged from $250-300 million.

(Vanity Fair magazine claims the movie will need to gross over $400 to break even, with items that weren't listed in the budgeting, but their article was really inflammatory in places. I've been in a lot of waiting rooms in the last few years... read a lot of stupid magazines. :facepalm: )

People also claim the disaster surrounding the latter third of the film was caused by the fact that they were trying to set this up as a movie franchise, leaving the ending as an unrewarding cliff hanger, of sorts.

Archived