We know that already, unless you're pointing out NME's copying of words from the original article. :LOL:

What everyone is apparently missing from that quote is the "mostly Isolated System" - there's no new songs, and IS is probably going to show up in the film at more than one time, drawing out the amount of music in the film past purely the length of the songs.

It also states the songs won't be on a soundtrack, and only a score will be released, so I'm personally assuming it really *is* just mostly IS for the entire 14 minutes.

I'm also a bit confused that people aren't seeing how the lyrics to FM contextually could fit with a zombie film... :erm:

I'm not saying it's not cheesy, btw.

And I still think FM is catchy enough that it could catch on.

it's about a zombie apocalypse. do you know what that is...?

Doesn't mean anything it could be a scene where the actors are in a car or in a house and FM is playing on the radio or there could be a scene that takes place in a club and FM is playing. Still part of the film but just background scene music instead of actual film soundtrack.

We'll only know for sure once the film is released.

The fact that you seriously think that Follow Me would work with the movie says enough, to be honest

You really aren't reading things closely enough lately...

Anyways, 14 minutes of mostly IS isn't going to be nearly enough to get me to go see this movie.

I haven't enjoyed Brad Pitt in anything since like 2000, either. :LOL:

Still wish this would have panned out to be something more, especially for overseas fans, this ended up being sort of... well, nothing. :(

From the Billboard article:

The filmmakers are using about 14 minutes of Muse music in the film, mostly the song "Isolated System" throughout the film. Muse's music will be used in trailers on all platforms. The only soundtrack release, however, will be for Marc Beltrami's score.

"It made the movie feel and sound really cool," Randy Spendlove, Paramount Pictures' President of Motion Picture Music, said. "After we layered in the music, we reached out to their management in the U.S. (Q Prime) and the U.K. (Anthony Addis) to see how we could reach beyond the movie. We wanted (the relationship) to be bigger than that."

Seems like a rather classic marketing scheme where the movie hopes to gain press from Muse's popularity and Muse from being associated with the movie - a win-win really. If Paramount has done this in the past as well like it was pointed out in this thread,it obviously explains why Muse releases promo on their Youtube channel for this particular film but didn't for the other movies where their music was used.

I was doubtful it would be IS because as I've said, you would think the person doing the score could just as easily compose a theme that is played throughout the movie. However, IS does have that haunting quality as some other movie soundtrack classics (Clint Mansell's Requiem for a dream and in particular John Murphy's Sunshine theme come to mind) that perhaps they felt it was a great enough tune to be used as the theme. (All the while also benefitting from "music by the Muse" connection)

Another story is that apparently this movie has a negative buzz but what would a Muse-related endeavour be without the smell of flop about it.

EDIT:lol, "the Muse". I don't want to edit that out but I will say that I actually originally wrote "by the band Muse"

Another story is that apparently this movie has a negative buzz but what would a Muse-related endeavour be without the smell of flop about it.

:chuckle: So true. Yeah, it doesn't look that great. They should have held out for Elysium, that movie looks like it'll be amazing. :yesey:

Archived