Isolated System is perfect for this. Also in a recent interview Matt said that he is a fan of post-apocalyptic and "survival" movies such as "28 days later" by Boyle and dystopian fiction (Cormac McCarthy, King, etc.). I guess he was happy to become a part of it. :)

IS is indeed a good choice, the reason I've listened to it so much is because it has that kind of beautiful but hauntingly apocalyptic aura about it. I could already picture it being used in a trailer for this kind of thing. I like Follow Me but it does seems a bit of a odd choice. :erm:

I like Follow Me but it does seems a bit of a odd choice. :erm:

My best guess is that Follow Me will be used in the ending credits because of it's optimistic outro. But IS would be perfect, without those reports. Maybe they can replace the current reports with news reports of a Zombie apocalypse. :LOL:

I like Follow Me but it does seems a bit of a odd choice. :erm:

My best guess is that Follow Me will be used in the ending credits because of it's optimistic outro. But IS would be perfect, without those reports. Maybe they can replace the current reports with news reports of a Zombie apocalypse. :LOL:

Apparently there's this part of film that focuses on the main character's drama when he confronts the dilemma of staying with his family to protect them from the zombie pandemic or leaving them to go save the world etc, and that's where Follow Me might come in. That's what I was told. I know nothing about the movie.

Apparently there's this part of film that focuses on the main character's drama when he confronts the dilemma of staying with his family to protect them from the zombie pandemic or leaving them to go save the world etc, and that's where Follow Me might come in. That's what I was told. I know nothing about the movie.

"I will always protect you, my loooooooooooove"

So he chooses to protect his family instead? :LOL:

I feel like the only one who saw the Follow Me bit of the trailer as the section advertising the Muse gig... as in, they'll be performing that along with other songs on 2 June. That's what the text over the visuals was promoting, and the song kicked in with footage of Muse on stage, so it didn't come across as a bit for the movie, but I could have misread that. Isolated System is perfect for WWZ: really worked well in the trailer :happy:. I'm desperate to go to this, so fingers crossed Tuesday won't be a nightmare!!

Why do people think that lyrics is all that matters? Have you HEARD the song?

I'm only messing about ;) I know it'd feel very out of place with the whole funk vibe and all.

Also, yes, lyrics aren't the only things that matter (obvs, otherwise it's just bad poetry, and the real thing that makes things stick in your head are melodies, chord progressions, little instrumental riffs, drum motifs etc.) but some people think so, and often artists don't help themselves put across that message - you'll get "reinterpretations" by the artist themself (or covers by others) that change pretty much everything apart from the words. Surely that just gives the impressions that the lyrics ARE the song?

Around 14 minutes of Muse music reportedly features in the film, with the 2012 '2nd Law' album track 'Isolated System' used throughout.

Source

Isolated System is suitable.

I hope Follow Me isn't featured in the film though :unsure:

Has the possibility of any new music been ruled out?

Archived