Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

My boss likes to spout on about "perception is reality" and I hate it, but to an extent, it's true. I could be a very good/moral person, but come across as a total asshole.

...but isn't that kinda worth the trade off? If you could either become the most celebrated person in history for bullshit reasons or you actually do something that makes a difference to people without that many people knowing about it, shouldn't you pick the latter?

I just want it to go on the record that I have never actually pirated music in my life, and am sure as hell not going to download this sucker either.

...but isn't that kinda worth the trade off? If you could either become the most celebrated person in history for bullshit reasons or you actually do something that makes a difference to people without that many people knowing about it, shouldn't you pick the latter?

No, I agree with what you're saying.

It's just for me, personally, I have virtually no outlet for "making a difference" and my livelihood sort of depends on how people perceive me. :LOL:

It's hard to describe outside of black and white. If I saved the world, but it made me look like an asshole, it's worth it. In greyer situations, it's more complicated.

If I do something good, or am a good person, I'm very okay with no one being aware of it, or caring.

What I do worry about is accidentally projecting an image of myself that's complete contrary to what I am about, or what I believe in.

I have to do a lot of terrible things to people at my job, for instance, and even if I handle the situations with empathy and dignity, those people still hate me. :( But, I can hopefully still handle the situations in ways that are more inline with my personal values while still upholding the fact that if I'm being paid to do something, I have an obligation to do it.

(and then sometimes those people riffle through my personal effects....)

+ Audio, visuals, Animals, Hysteria

- To few heavy songs, last win in survival, album violins in UD, UD, didn't hear the bass synth in GL, strange synth in Uprising, kissing couples, Explorers

Wut? They put the studio violins over the live version? That is... pointless!

More or less saying "I love it" is sort of a one shot thing, while bitching is a process. :LOL:

I didn't HATE the cinema screening... I just found quite a bit of it irritating or pointless (the cuts, the overdubbing, the black and white, the crowd noise volume, the make out sessions.)

There was a lot I DID like, but for some reason all I could remember on leaving was how irritated I was with things.

Might be a personal problem.

Not being able to see it in 4k (and in fact seeing it on a rather shitty screen) was a huge let down, and what might deter me from a purchase; this is so obviously designed with the 4k as the main feature.

In fact, I've started to feel that it seems more like an expensive tech demo (and Sony ad) than what it could have been...

I just found quite a bit of it irritating or pointless (the cuts, the overdubbing, the black and white, the crowd noise volume, the make out sessions.)

The point is that it's more a concert FILM than a live concert dvd. And yes, this is irritating and pointless ;)

I would have still found those things irritating in a film. :phu:

Matt actually went on to make a good point about the b/w in Follow Me (used it to show the awesomeness of the 4k color contrast) and this probably would have been more impressive had I had the ability to see it in 4k.

(Besides the fact that recordings of FM will always suffer once you've seen in in person... that bass!)

I didn't see much point in the b/w during the story element scenes, and thought it particularly detracted from GL and Animals (where, at least in the stadiums, the visuals were amazing - and completely neutered by the lack of color.)

I would have still found those things irritating in a film. :phu:

Matt actually went on to make a good point about the b/w in Follow Me (used it to show the awesomeness of the 4k color contrast) and this probably would have been more impressive had I had the ability to see it in 4k.

(Besides the fact that recordings of FM will always suffer once you've seen in in person... that bass!)

I didn't see much point in the b/w during the story element scenes, and thought it particularly detracted from GL and Animals (where, at least in the stadiums, the visuals were amazing - and completely neutered by the lack of color.)

One thing they got right was the second screen during Animals. Having the Visuals play besides was a great move.

One thing they got right was the second screen during Animals. Having the Visuals play besides was a great move.

I agree with this, and I think limiting the use of split screen to the story bits in Animals and Feeling Good would have served to better highlight them than the black and white.

To me, it seemed like whenever there was an interesting or unique element to the show (like the banker, lightbulb, etc) it was severely detracted from by the lack of color and detail.

Sure the setlist was disappointing...but it gave us the 2nd Law and Resistance, and I'm grateful to have that rather than a stack of bootlegs in average quality.

I'm hoping there will be a couple of hidden tracks in the menu like on Absolution tour DVD.

This movie was made more for the 4K and the casual Muse fan, I think the band will release something for the more full on fans like myself...maybe Zepp for Christmas?

Judging by the audio quality of just the youtube video, I'm looking forward to the CD. Anything is better than HAARP, you can barely make out the bass in it

Agreed!

The sound quality when I saw it in the cinema was excellent, a lot more crowd noise...but it didn't detract from the musical sound quality :)

Archived