Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

Still would have rather had SS. Do you think there's any chance of that ever being released?

No

It's not bad. Unsustanaible from Rome in the credits and SS, LS and Unsustainable from Las Vagas.

I'm pretty much Ok with the film, the CD could be much better but Matt said next year they will release rare concerts, so it's also Ok.

No

It's not bad. Unsustanaible from Rome in the credits and SS, LS and Unsustainable from Las Vagas.

I'm pretty much Ok with the film, the CD could be much better but Matt said next year they will release rare concerts, so it's also Ok.

Will you ever drop the Vagas thing?

No

Could have been great, even given the not-so-awesome setlist, but they managed to make it quite bad. The fact that they put songs from another gig somehow makes it even worse imo, because the performances from Rome were all better.

And you believe Matt for that? That's nice.

If cutting SS is a move to make the product more commercially viable, then Muse are truly lost.

How is watching something without paying for it an empty protest? Please explain.

Also, you're missing his point. No one is saying they're ENTITLED to free stuff. We're saying we simply don't care.

Bah, because you said please. Then I'm done, because last time I debated crap like this, I got a note from my employer about my online persona. :LOL:

I agree with the sentiment in your first statement, but my feelings were appeased somewhat by having the arena SS on the extras, as that was, imo, much cooler. One could ask for a full gig... but I had no reason to expect it.

I think what I mean is: everyone is saying how shit the DVD is, so they aren't going to buy it, but will probably pirate it in some form.

To really say "this is shit" I would ignore it entirely. By watching it, you're still ascribing some value to it, because you're going to take the time and effort to watch it anyways.

It's to me the people who bang on about how Walmart and big business ruin the country (they do) - if you really believe that, shop only at small businesses.

If something's only available at Walmart, you don't go and shoplift it, do you? I would stick to my principles and say "well... fuck that thing then..."

I have some really good ways to equate this with how my job works, unfortunately not a good idea to talk about in MM in public, but would sadly probably explain myself better.

...Yeah, this still feels like the same old debate of the ethics of piracy to me. The problem is probably in my end though, I can be pretty thick sometimes.

I don't really see it as an "ethics of piracy"... again, maybe just my background, but I pretty firmly believe that things like shoplifting/etc are wrong, and I equate the two. Similarly I don't believe in the new American Dream of trying to make your money by wrongfully suing someone.

I have absolutely no issue with bootlegs, downloading things that weren't released in my country, etc.

I don't believe that because I CAN do something, I am entitled to do it.

(... or there would be a lot more people in my neighborhood with black eyes...)

Fuck all the bitching going on in this thread.

That preview is great. I can't wait to see the whole DVD.

This. The film is great. :musesign:

I think I was too amused (edit: pun not intended) by the recursive Matt w/ glasses showing up in the screens to realize how cheesy that was.

You had the opportunity to make that into two puns.

Why does your employer read what you do online?

Unfortunately part of my contract. They monitor Facebook and Twitter (of which I actually have neither,) but not the private posts (yet - there's been talk about requiring passwords, which some of the jobs I'm interviewing for already do.)

I deal with some things on the job that would be a big deal to the company if I blabbed about, and they're very paranoid about social media.

Some nosy bastard there found out who I was here.

I think what I mean is: everyone is saying how shit the DVD is, so they aren't going to buy it, but will probably pirate it in some form.

Actually most people have said that the DVD seems a bit shit but they'll still buy it. Then I said it was a stupid thing to do and some people agreed.

To really say "this is shit" I would ignore it entirely. By watching it, you're still ascribing some value to it, because you're going to take the time and effort to watch it anyways.

But no one has said that it doesn't have some possible value to them. We've implied that Muse and Warner don't deserve our money when they so clearly don't really give a fuck about "us" (sounds whiny, I know).

Obviously this could be said about consumerism in general but still.

It's to me the people who bang on about how Walmart and big business ruin the country (they do) - if you really believe that, shop only at small businesses.

If something's only available at Walmart, you don't go and shoplift it, do you? I would stick to my principles and say "well... fuck that thing then..."

That doesn't make "stealing" an empty protest in any way. Just one that you're not very fond of.

I don't believe that because I CAN do something, I am entitled to do it.

(... or there would be a lot more people in my neighborhood with black eyes...)

Why do you keep using the world entitled. No one is saying we deserve or have the RIGHT to illegal downloading. But it's there, without repercussions. I'm pretty sure a lot more people in your neighborhood would have a black eye if there were absolutely no repercussions.

I really care less about repercussions than I do composing myself in such a manner that is inline with, well, my beliefs, I guess; the way I would want others to perceive me.

I've had enough bad shit happen to me for no reason, but I don't take that as a reason to pay it back (the black eye example, anyways.)

Yes, I firmly believe if you want something, no matter what it is, you should pay for it. Even if you truly believe Muse doesn't give a shit about you/us.

To me, stealing the DVD means you're still finding enough "value" in it to watch it, but feel you're giving Muse the finger by not giving fair compensation to do so.

This is less an "ethics of piracy" issue for me towards Muse... but thinking of the thousands of people who put work and effort into things like this.

If things don't sell well, less things will be made, and it's those little people who are out of work, not Muse.

Obviously talking larger scale than this DVD, but the entire CD/DVD industry works.

Maybe it's just because my job has been so dependent on these sorts of sales and fluctuations, and I've had to fire so many people, and take so many paycuts that this has shaped my world view, but there it is.

And doing something because you can, and there's no repercussion does feel like a sense of entitlement, to me. I'm seeing it as you feel entitled to have something for free because you don't think it's good, whereas I see it as if you want to speak out and say "no, this is wrong, this is shit" the best thing would be to ignore it entirely; otherwise you're still ascribing value to that item, and it weakens the argument.

At least imo.

To put it simply, if someone steals something because they say "it's too shitty to pay for" I just read that as "I want it, but I'm cheap." :p

If I really thought it was shit and not worth the money, I would deny myself and just not buy it.

If you're saying "I pirate everything" then that's different. I don't agree with piracy, but I don't go around shaking my head at everyone verbally over it, either.

I more than likely won't buy the DVD myself. Yes, I saw it in the theater (already bought the ticket before the cuts were announced, and was publically mad about them) and I don't see any reason to own it.

I really care less about repercussions than I do composing myself in such a manner that is inline with, well, my beliefs, I guess; the way I would want others to perceive me.

You care more about how people perceive you than how you affect them?

To me, stealing the DVD means you're still finding enough "value" in it to watch it, but feel you're giving Muse the finger by not giving fair compensation to do so.

That's exactly what's going on, yes.

This is less an "ethics of piracy" issue for me towards Muse... but thinking of the thousands of people who put work and effort into things like this.

If things don't sell well, less things will be made, and it's those little people who are out of work, not Muse.

Obviously talking larger scale than this DVD, but the entire CD/DVD industry works.

I'm not going to buy the DVD. That's means either I don't download it, and they don't get any money, or I do download it, and they don't get any money.

To put it simply, if someone steals something because they say "it's too shitty to pay for" I just read that as "I want it, but I'm cheap." :p

If I really thought it was shit and not worth the money, I would deny myself and just not buy it.

I still don't see how this is anything other than a discussion of morality. I find it worth less than it's being sold at, so I find a source that offers it to me at a price I can accept. The only reason for me not to do this is my own morality.

My boss likes to spout on about "perception is reality" and I hate it, but to an extent, it's true. I could be a very good/moral person, but come across as a total asshole.

I want people to perceive me as the sort of person I believe myself to be (or at least attempt to be) and sometimes that does take a little extra effort, because in reality I effect so few people. Considering the vast amount of people I encounter every single day, and that those encounters typically don't get past first impressions, it's rather a challenge.

Essentially, what I meant, is that there are just so many situations where there aren't repercussions for our actions, but I want my choices to reflect the sort of things I believe in, regardless, even if that's the most difficult path for me.

I don't get anything out of it, so it's sort of all self-flagellation... But, it makes me feel better when I do bitch about things. :p

Last words, and maybe what I should have opened with: I really don't give a fuck if other people pirate, because there's nothing I can do about it.

Do I look down on the action? Yes.

Am I going to bitch about people on the net? No. (Although I avoid in person associations with people who do things I strongly don't believe in.)

What I do feel (and mean) is that your personal choices are fine... but it bothers me when people try and put self-righteous "explanations" to their actions, or make it seem like they're making some sort of statement.

If you make your mess, stand in it. :phu:

Now I'm moving on before I say something else that can get misquoted, and some douche at work can find...

Archived