Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

I'm not refusing to pay because it's shit.

I'm refusing to pay because Muse deliberately made it shit.

I know you're not THAT cynical...

Muse made it to be commercially as viable as possible, at the expense of some hard core fans' feelings.

(Including, to an extent, mine.)

Oh.

Well I'd say the half a minute it takes to start a torrent is much less valuable than the money the DVD costs.

That's still not the point.

I'm talking more about the sense of entitlement here.

Whether it's more "valuable" to spend money vs torrent in your example is completely evading the issue.

And, realistically, you're still spending the same amount of "valuable time" WATCHING the film whether you pay or no.

And THAT is really the issue.

Despite what everyone wants to believe, there's no difference in someone watching it and enjoying it, and watching it an not enjoying it. At the end of the 2 hours, you both still watched it... you should both have payed for it.

If you're so against how shit/commercial it is that you won't buy it, but you still want to see it enough that you'll pirate it... well, that argument just seems like a lot of fuss and nonsense to me. A really empty protest.

If you're that upset with the product, ignore it. (bitching about how shitty it is on forums is fine)

I know you're not THAT cynical...

Muse made it to be commercially as viable as possible, at the expense of some hard core fans' feelings.

(Including, to an extent, mine.)

If cutting SS is a move to make the product more commercially viable, then Muse are truly lost.

Whether it's more "valuable" to spend money vs torrent in your example is completely evading the issue.

And, realistically, you're still spending the same amount of "valuable time" WATCHING the film whether you pay or no.

Despite what everyone wants to believe, there's no difference in someone watching it and enjoying it, and watching it an not enjoying it. At the end of the 2 hours, you both still watched it... you should both have payed for it.

If you're so against how shit/commercial it is that you won't buy it, but you still want to see it enough that you'll pirate it... well, that argument just seems like a lot of fuss and nonsense to me. A really empty protest.

If you're that upset with the product, ignore it. (bitching about how shitty it is on forums is fine)

How is watching something without paying for it an empty protest? Please explain.

Also, you're missing his point. No one is saying they're ENTITLED to free stuff. We're saying we simply don't care.

Do you really think it's that bad? One of their best quieter songs live imo. The glasses and the camera holding are a bit cringy but the ending is nice.

I was still in the first half when I made that post - like you say, the second half wasn't nearly as bad, haha!

It's really quite frustrating though because I still love The 2nd Law as an album so it's not like I just think "Oh, Muse are crap now" or whatever, but somehow the live videos from this tour just aren't doing it for me. I think it's a number of very small factors coming together but it's lost on me somehow.

...Yeah, this still feels like the same old debate of the ethics of piracy to me. The problem is probably in my end though, I can be pretty thick sometimes.

Not because I think I'm entitled to free stuff, but simply because I CAN get free stuff.

exactly. if it's available for free, I'd be a bloody idiot to pay for it.

also, while watching that madness vid, I kinda wanted to blow up the stadium:$ it's god awful.:vomit: is it even the actual live recording...?

exactly. if it's available for free, I'd be a bloody idiot to pay for it.

No. Is nice when you get money for your work, you know? If you want, download it, but don't fool yourself, is steal.

Is just 20€, two drinks, if you can't afford it, don't go party hard next saturday.

Archived