Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

I have a couple questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer:

1. Why was a DVD of the Resistance tour never released?

2. Has there been any word on whether or not there's going to be a DVD released of the 2nd Law tour?

Sure hope so... I got to see the 2nd Law tour, and I'd really like to see the show again (hopefully on Bluray... some high definition output is long overdue for Muse).

Also, if there is a new DVD, I hope whoever directs/edits it does a better job than whoever did the HAARP tour DVD. The editing/ number of cuts was so bad I can barely watch it.

I have a couple questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer:

1. Why was a DVD of the Resistance tour never released?

2. Has there been any word on whether or not there's going to be a DVD released of the 2nd Law tour?

Sure hope so... I got to see the 2nd Law tour, and I'd really like to see the show again (hopefully on Bluray... some high definition output is long overdue for Muse).

Also, if there is a new DVD, I hope whoever directs/edits it does a better job than whoever did the HAARP tour DVD. The editing/ number of cuts was so bad I can barely watch it.

1. Because they didn't want to.

2. There will be one.

Inb4

1) Because it was rubbish. :chuckle:

I've heard a few people say that it was bad. Is there any particular reason people thought it was bad? From what I've seen posted around here, seems like most people are enjoying the 2nd Law tour; why the difference in opinions from tour to tour?

I've heard a few people say that it was bad. Is there any particular reason people thought it was bad? From what I've seen posted around here, seems like most people are enjoying the 2nd Law tour; why the difference in opinions from tour to tour?

T2L tour so far has had a better song variation, longer sets, MUCH better vocals by Matt and overall the band seems much more into it now. Also they seem to actually listen to the fans for once.

TR was just lazy and uninspired. And it felt very disconnected from the audience for me.

The pillars were cool on reveal, but went on to make a lot of the show feel really disconnected from the audience (and really hard to see in person...)

I've also found that many people who went to both shows (TR and T2L) and are only casually into the band found TR preferable, as the pyramid wasn't as "spectacular" as the pillar set up.

TR would make a much more boring DVD, imo, though.

The pillars were cool on reveal, but went on to make a lot of the show feel really disconnected from the audience (and really hard to see in person...)

I've also found that many people who went to both shows (TR and T2L) and are only casually into the band found TR preferable, as the pyramid wasn't as "spectacular" as the pillar set up.

TR would make a much more boring DVD, imo, though.

It's not really about the stage setup though.

Make sense about the stage and what not. In any case, I know someone said there will be a DVD for T2L tour, but is there any source for confirmation? I ask mostly because I'm curious whether there's been any ETA given.

Cheers

I don't think there is anything official (and I doubt there will be until they actually start working on it) but they've said plenty of times they want to do a sort of documentary. It will probably have footage from the entire tour and not just one gig, as they've done in the past.

I think they didn't release a DVD last tour because they already had in mind the idea for the documentary but maybe they didn't prepare for it from the start. At one point there were rumours they wanted to release the Reading headline set but they didn't get permission from the BBC. I'd be happy with the San Siro gig or the second Wembley night, tbh, but they seem to be very picky with what gets released so maybe they weren't fully happy with any of the gigs.

Also, if they released a full gig last tour I seriously doubt they'd use one of the arena shows, with the towers. They had a stadium tour and headlined festivals. Would make no sense to release a DVD of a 'smaller' arena gig.

I don't think there is anything official (and I doubt there will be until they actually start working on it) but they've said plenty of times they want to do a sort of documentary. It will probably have footage from the entire tour and not just one gig, as they've done in the past.

I think they didn't release a DVD last tour because they already had in mind the idea for the documentary but maybe they didn't prepare for it from the start. At one point there were rumours they wanted to release the Reading headline set but they didn't get permission from the BBC. I'd be happy with the San Siro gig or the second Wembley night, tbh, but they seem to be very picky with what gets released so maybe they weren't fully happy with any of the gigs.

Also, if they released a full gig last tour I seriously doubt they'd use one of the arena shows, with the towers. They had a stadium tour and headlined festivals. Would make no sense to release a DVD of a 'smaller' arena gig.

This.

There is a rumour about the release of Wembley 2nd Night on 360º for this spring, so maybe we could get the audio, fingers crossed.

I think they didn't release a DVD last tour because they already had in mind the idea for the documentary but maybe they didn't prepare for it from the start.

They did prepare it from the start. They recorded every gig.

Most of the TR gigs were so dull and seemed really rehearsed. And even though this stage set is really complex, this time around they actually seem like they want to be more connected with the audience. The setlists rarely changed and the band didn't really seem as excited about it as they do now. T2L is overall a lot more energetic and I think them feeling a lot better about the album helped them feel more confident about the shows as well.

Make sense about the stage and what not. In any case, I know someone said there will be a DVD for T2L tour, but is there any source for confirmation? I ask mostly because I'm curious whether there's been any ETA given.

Cheers

Dom said they wanted to get some materials from the stadium tour. I would guess the release will be autum/christmas.

This.

There is a rumour about the release of Wembley 2nd Night on 360º for this spring, so maybe we could get the audio, fingers crossed.

It's pretty much confiremd. In the guide for the app you can see that he/she swipes between Reading and Wembley.

• 3 weeks later...
Most of the TR gigs were so dull and seemed really rehearsed. And even though this stage set is really complex, this time around they actually seem like they want to be more connected with the audience. The setlists rarely changed and the band didn't really seem as excited about it as they do now. T2L is overall a lot more energetic and I think them feeling a lot better about the album helped them feel more confident about the shows as well.

I agree. I felt like TR tour was thought of as being over-the-top without considering how the band would connect with the audience.

It would be good to have sort of pro shot DVD/Blu ray but we know they prefer to release individual free songs from gigs like Easter eggs or Xmas gifts.

I'd be prepared to pay for a digital delivery only form of releases of Proshot videos of gigs.

Its certainly more friendly to the environment, and it would be cheaper to produce given there would be no physical manufacturing or distribution process.

Archived