I have 3 family and friends tickets with my name on it, I am unable to go, really want my friends to still go but am apprehensive they will not be let in as I will not be there. They will need to pick the tickets up from the desk when they arrive. Can someone point me in the right direction to speak to someone in maybe putting a note with my tickets, with my friends name on.? Or any other help. Thanks in advance

I'll look into it and will message you back.

I just realized how awesome it must have been to hear these songs in a row...:stongue:

Bliss

Resistance (okay, but not too bad)

Animals

Knights of Cydonia

Dracula Mountain

Sunburn

Dead Star

Yes there seems like there was stuff that happened during the gig that was kinda lame (Guiding Light) but it still seems like getting a 25 song (or 27 if you count the jams) setlist and all those amazing songs would outweigh the bad parts about the gig.

I don't get why so many people on the board seem to dislike Resistance. It's such an emotional song. It's got that good emotional vibe that most cheesy songs like Starlight and Guiding Light lack, in my opinion. Yes, the theme in said songs may be a bit different but in the end it's all about love. My favourite TR song by miles.

By the way... Guiding Light > Starlight. I wish Starlight would go away and ever ever ever come back.

I don't get why so many people on the board seem to dislike Resistance. It's such an emotional song. It's got that good emotional vibe that most cheesy songs like Starlight and Guiding Light lack, in my opinion. Yes, the theme in said songs may be a bit different but in the end it's all about love. My favourite TR song by miles.

By the way... Guiding Light > Starlight. I wish Starlight would go away and ever ever ever come back.

I do love Resistance but I just don't think it is as powerful and atmospheric live as on record. I think it's too straight forward and by the numbers these days.

I think this was when Resistance was played at it's best. That intro...:D Also the ending sounds so much better when he doesn't go into falsetto and sustains the word resistance for the whole time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSZnVyp-vj0

Also the ending sounds so much better when he doesn't go into falsetto and sustains the word resistance for the whole time

Inorite?! I wish he would sustain the final note with a note of the songs, notably starlight. It becomes such a powerful ending if he did it like the album version.

I do love Resistance but I just don't think it is as powerful and atmospheric live as on record. I think it's too straight forward and by the numbers these days.

I think this was when Resistance was played at it's best. That intro...:D Also the ending sounds so much better when he doesn't go into falsetto and sustains the word resistance for the whole time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSZnVyp-vj0

Which version is this? Youtube is blocked where I am right now. And I can still think of several other live versions of Resistance that are quite captivating. I guess the song just means a lot to me for personal reasons, but I just don't get what's so boring about it for some people. Oh well. :)

And, although I think Guiding Light has always sounded very beautiful live, I wouldn't mind if it went away forever along with Starlight and other lame staples. Muse have 6 studio albums and loads of awesome bsides. It's just not fair not to explore them proportionally.

Resistance the first couple of times I saw it was ok. The chorus was nice sing-a-long and stuff but overall it didn't get the crowd going as much as it should have (it's not really a slow song so I wouldn't count it as a breather). When it was placed in the middle of the set with Starlight, UD, and TIRO in 2010/2011 it just became one more addition to the snooze fest.

Guiding Light is just dull to me. It has one small bigger portion in the middle which is just a mediocre guitar solo and more distortion, then the rest of the song is the same monotonous beat and bassline without anything else to add.

Starlight at least (had) some punch in the chorus and the middle part is always a great sing-a-long. I don't think it will be going soon because of its popularity.

Which version is this? Youtube is blocked where I am right now. And I can still think of several other live versions of Resistance that are quite captivating. I guess the song just means a lot to me for personal reasons, but I just don't get what's so boring about it for some people. Oh well. :)

And, although I think Guiding Light has always sounded very beautiful live, I wouldn't mind if it went away forever along with Starlight and other lame staples. Muse have 6 studio albums and loads of awesome bsides. It's just not fair not to explore them proportionally.

Glastonbury 2010 with the double neck guitar intro.

I just realized how awesome it must have been to hear these songs in a row...:stongue:

Bliss

Resistance (okay, but not too bad)

Animals

Knights of Cydonia

Dracula Mountain

Sunburn

Dead Star

Yes there seems like there was stuff that happened during the gig that was kinda lame (Guiding Light) but it still seems like getting a 25 song (or 27 if you count the jams) setlist and all those amazing songs would outweigh the bad parts about the gig.

It certainly was. I was still buzzing from that section of the set when they went to the B-stage and even though I was dissapointed by guiding light and undisclosed desires and even though feeling good was meh and the theatricals were weird for it odd I still didn't mind.

That being said I wouldn't want to see any of those songs live again now I've seen them once and starlight closing was :confused:

I loved resistance both times I saw it live. The chorus was huge.

I have to admit I don't understand the hate it gets simply because I'm a drummer, and having been playing muse covers for about 3 years almost exclusively and having played the drums themselves for 7 years, Resistance is the ONLY muse song I can't play! I'ts so astoundingly hard to play on drums which is why for me I love hearing it live because firstly I find it impressive, secondly the chorus always sounds great and thirdly because all of the drumming is mainly on toms (especially at the end "we must ruuuuuun") it sounds so deep and punchy :) just my 2 cents on resistance really.

Archived