Only major setlist complaint would be starlight closing, just didnt really feel like a closer at all. Maybe if they introduced it as the last song or something but dont think they even did that...Survival should still be closing really

I was dumb struck when survival started and I realised both starlight and uprising hadnt been played. No way they would drop them but I thought maybe one more surprise cos surely not starlight to close! Sadly not. Still a great gig for me despite everyone here moaning. Couple of vids I will put on in a sec

Do Muse/Matt really think that GL is the perfect stadium song?

Yes, they do. They've described GL as being influenced by cheesy 80's stadium rock.

Big Freeze was also described as a stadium song but it's never been pulled out.

They could just switch the two encores and it'd already look immensely better (just cause it sucks so much right now :()

Encore 1:

Isolated System

Uprising

Starlight

Encore 2:

Unsustainable

Plug in baby

Survival

The acrobat pisses me off purely because they've done it before on the last two tours.

It's just the same thing repeated over and over. It also bugs me that we've come round to the third summer of stadium tours and the same songs reappear, magically, at this time - Unintended and Blackout.

Like someone said earlier, been there, done that, literally got the DVD.

They had months to get ready for this, why not actually dig a little deeper into the locker than just brushing off the same songs.

Yes, I am DELIGHTED to see Dead Star, Sunburn, Bliss and Blackout all back, but it's not really as if any of these properly went away, hence why Falling Down was such a great surprise last year.

I can agree with that – there was a lot of rehashing of past stadium songs and visuals (acrobat etc). But they gave us a lot of new stuff visually, too (Charles was terrifying!). And as you say, having the likes of Dead Star, Bliss etc is brilliant.

I honestly wasn't expecting any big surprises in the set, though. For stadium shows, I don't think they like to venture out too much. I'm still so shocked that Falling Down and Host appeared in sets last year – that was a majorly awesome surprise, but on the whole Muse aren't ones to bring out the rare oldies at stadiums. Not saying that's right, but it's a predictable Muse move.

I loved the show overall – really long set (25 or so songs!!), crazy visuals, Muse money and a great time. I don't expect to hear Big Freeze, FAWY or anything old or 'obscure'. To be honest, just hearing New Born these days is a treat! Hopefully we'll get it on one of the London shows, which I can't wait for. :D

One, BIG gripe I did have was the closer. Wat. Starlight… really?! It was so anticlimactic, the whole crowd was so confused. I don't think they've ever closed with it, certainly not at a big show… it just didn't make any sense for them to have done that. It's great fun, but not a song you close the show with. I hope they rectify that at future shows, cos it didn't work as the final track. :noey:

Ari wouldn't admit it (purely out of principle) but I'm sure even he'd take Knights over Starlight as a closer.

Ari wouldn't admit it (purely out of principle) but I'm sure even he'd take Knights over Starlight as a closer.

I haven't seen Starlight closing, so I have no opinion on it. Other than that it sounds dumb.

But no, fuck Knights. I never want to see it close any gig ever again. Give me Starlight.

I haven't seen Starlight closing, so I have no opinion on it. Other than that it sounds dumb.

But no, fuck Knights. I never want to see it close any gig ever again. Give me Starlight.

Go away and never come back.

KoC is shit. Like your opinions. :phu:

lol, taking Starlight as a closer over Knights :LOL:

After seeing a few videos, Unintended sounded really good, I'm not bothered by Matt not playing guitar in that one.

Blackout though, meh. The lightbulb looks bad and the song sounds bad.

Blackout though, meh. The lightbulb looks bad and the song sounds bad.

:(

also the vid posted of SS on the previous page.. not much action going on in the crowd is there :chuckle: but it's sounding awesome as usual, why do they need to rotate it with NB :indiff:

Dreading the set for Manchester now!

Yes, I'd be really happy to see the set from last night because there 7 songs on there i've never seen before and combined with the new visuals it'd be different enough while still being great...

However. The rotation in that setlist means it's possible to get absolutely raped.

• Map instead of Bliss (Extended)
  • Explorers over Sunburn or USoE
  • New born over anything else which would suck so hard because manchester got NB on the last rotation (Which i was happy about as long as it doesn't happen AGAIN)
  • Resistance instead of Hysteria

Horrible feeling that Manchester will be the date that gets shafted :stunned:

However. The rotation in that setlist means it's possible to get absolutely raped.

• Map instead of Bliss (Extended)

:wtf:

Map has been pretty much a regular since the start of TR tour. If I hadn't already seen Bliss twice and went to a gig and got Map over Bliss, I'd be pretty pissed off myself.

It's pitch black and horrible quality...

recorded on an iphone. sorry for not bringing my super duper zoom coronation street camera.

:(

also the vid posted of SS on the previous page.. not much action going on in the crowd is there :chuckle: but it's sounding awesome as usual, why do they need to rotate it with NB :indiff:

personally i can't do any moshing at the minute as two weeks ago i damaged knee ligaments and am still in a knee support but to the right of me (directly infront of the b stage) there was a decent sized pit going on.

the whole crowd really got going on the usual suspects, Knights, TiRo, Uprising and Survival

:wtf:

Personal preference on that one, I love map but we saw it in Manchester last time and the extended version of Bliss one of the things I'd most like to see live besides SS

personally i can't do any moshing at the minute as two weeks ago i damaged knee ligaments and am still in a knee support but to the right of me (directly infront of the b stage) there was a decent sized pit going on.

the whole crowd really got going on the usual suspects, Knights, TiRo, Uprising and Survival

ah, ok I suppose when frakkles said it's pitch black... but I'm just talking nonsense as usual :LOL:

Good set - absolutely catastrophic song order.

More importantly how are they doing a 27 song set with shite like GL being regulars and HYSTERIA and SS being rotation songs. I get for the arenas but when it's such a long set- poor...

Dead Star and Bliss, in great quality

Audio quality for Dead Star is horrible.

Bliss isn't that great either, they both sound muffled. No bass at all :(