I definitely respect the people who'd rather choose seats rather than standing when they can't take the harsh envoirnment that comes with standing infront of the stage.

I remember Emirates night 2, me and my friends had barrier spots at the catwalk, at the start of the concert there where a couple next to me, and the guy started yelling at me and my friends to take it "fucking easy coz my girlfriend is fucking pregnant!". I couldn't believe what I was hearing, it got me so ticked off that I yelled back at him to suit themselves if they choose to go for barrier spots at a rock concert when she's fucking 6 month pregnant.

I don't think I'll ever be able to understand this... why on earth would you want to be seated at a rock concert???

it doesn't. that's why I wrote that I understand why people hate it.

hmm

edit: whoops I'm late, didn't see page 636 :LOL:

I still think that a standing cowd is what a rock show is mainly about. you can go ahead and get seats if you'd like, but it won't be the same. you might as well just watch a DVD.

and I didn't insult anybody, so please stop behaving like an asshole.

You said you could understand why some people might not like it("whatever"), while going on about what your opinion of their POV was.

What you don't seem to get is that a lot of people aren't ABLE to enjoy a concert from a standing position, so what you're basically doing is belittling people who don't have the same advantages in life as yourself.

Your tone is quite condescending, so even without a direct insult, it sounds like you were belittling people.

Beds at a Sigur Rós concert would be awesome... or an outdoor gig with campfires and warm fuzzy blankets. It's not really crowd music :noey:

I definitely respect the people who'd rather choose seats rather than standing when they can't take the harsh envoirnment that comes with standing infront of the stage.

I remember Emirates night 2, me and my friends had barrier spots at the catwalk, at the start of the concert there where a couple next to me, and the guy started yelling at me and my friends to take it "fucking easy coz my girlfriend is fucking pregnant!". I couldn't believe what I was hearing, it got me so ticked off that I yelled back at him to suit themselves if they choose to go for barrier spots at a rock concert when she's fucking 6 month pregnant.

That does sound quite odd.

There was a dad at my last gig, quite close to the front with his kid, yelling at everyone who tried to get in front of them, even to get back to their spot, and shoving anyone he thought was jostling his kid. :noey:

Kid was like 14 years old, about six feet tall; I wonder if daddy goes to school with him to fight off bullies, and make sure he wiped his ass correctly.

god, are you serisously making a moral debate out of this?

I said: I think that you are able to enjoy a rock show a lot more if you are in a standing crowd. You are welcome to disagree and get seated tickets if you want as I understand that your legs get tired etc etc. But I still think you're missing out. That's it. How is that condescending or belittling?

I said: I think that you are able to enjoy a rock show a lot more if you are in a standing crowd. You are welcome to disagree and get seated tickets if you want as I understand that your legs get tired etc etc. But I still think you're missing out. That's it. How is that condescending or belittling?

And what you still don't get is that you're basically telling someone who's allergic to nuts that they're missing out because "in my opinion, nuts are amazing"

Just stop talking.

I still think that a standing cowd is what a rock show is mainly about. you can go ahead and get seats if you'd like, but it won't be the same. you might as well just watch a DVD.

For you maybe, but how could you know that for anyone else? And I also totally disagree with the whole DVD thing - being at a gig is completely different to watching it on TV/DVD/YT, whether you're standing, seated, lying down, flying etc etc

It's less belittling and more about being completely ignorant toward them.

Yep.

And what you still don't get is that you're basically telling someone who's allergic to nuts that they're missing out because "in my opinion, nuts are amazing"

Just stop talking.

Aaaaaaand yep. And this also resonates with me as I have a nut allergy, thank you for those kind words Simon.

And for the record I've both stood and sat down at Muse gigs and I enjoyed the seated one far more, admittedly mostly for other reasons but still, for some people it's just not their thing to go crazy and mosh at gigs, and that's fair enough. Who really gives a fuck anyway?

If sitting down at a gig is just like watching a DVD, is standing at a gig just like watching a DVD with a group of people, standing up? Seems like a far cheaper option for all those musers who go to gigs together.

If sitting down at a gig is just like watching a DVD, is standing at a gig just like watching a DVD with a group of people, standing up? Seems like a far cheaper option for all those musers who go to gigs together.

Swedes can finally have their T2L stadium gig!

Awww, they can all jump up and down together during Time Is Running Out! And look like absolute idiots! :awesome:

Archived