For any Australians who want to watch the stream, I found a timetable of weekend 1 and stream times (not all artists are there, dunno if the ones not listed are not being streamed or have just yet to be announced)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17r8airvjsq2ym8/coachella.png

Muse is at 4:35pm Sunday, Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne time if you couldn't be bothered looking.

I'd put some kind of electromagnetic signal/circuit jammer on all venues so phones/cameras, etc, just didn't work.

99.99% of Youtube clips from gigs are utter horseshit. And I really don't understand why you would prefer to watch half the gig through a tiny camera lens.

Watch the fucking gig, the memories are those moments you experience there and then, not from some shitty little fit of camera phone footage.

Plus, because every other tosspot is filming too, why even bother? Let some other chump do the work if they want to waste the experience.

This, so so much! I only film a little part of a quiet song as a memory for myself and the sound/gig/crowd/position. If I'm up front I'll get a few good pics on top and mostly just enjoy the gig!

Most Brazilians know nothing, except trolling any celebrity's facebook/twitter with "COME TO BRAZILLLLLL"

it worked with Muse :p

we need to be noticed since most bands don't know we exist.. it's getting better now with festivals but a few years ago we didn't had bands coming here too often, that's why people are desperate on twitter/facebook

we need to be noticed since most bands don't know we exist.. it's getting better now with festivals but a few years ago we didn't had bands coming here too often, that's why people are desperate on twitter/facebook

In your defence though, I see anyone who lives in a country where English isn't a widely spoken language do it. Although it has become a bit of a laughing point on Tumblr.

Nobody will never look for Uganda. :mad:

I don't think I'll ever be able to understand this... why on earth would you want to be seated at a rock concert???

Because you might have problems standing up for 2 hours.

Because you might be more interested in seeing a show than being cramped in a crowd.

Because you might not be physically able to see a band if you're in a crowd. Some people are short.

Because you might not be that into the band.

Because you didn't manage to get standing tickets.

I do film every now and then, but that's mostly 'rarities'. I prefer to watch with my own eyes... it's easier when you're seated. Then you can just put the camera on your lap and enjoy with your own eyes.

Most of the videos that are worth a damn are from people with good cameras in the seats, tbh.

It's the people in the crowd who hold them up in front of your face to film that should be thrown out.

I don't give two shits if people want to ruin their own concerts, but more and more it's about them wrecking it for everyone around them.

There was a kid who spent the entire last gig I was at, right up in the front, taking 30 seconds videos and sending them (and about 50 selfies) to his girlfriend.

My bf, bless him, actually moved the kid behind us. :LOL:

I don't think I'll ever be able to understand this... why on earth would you want to be seated at a rock concert???

Some people just don't wanna stand and dance, and it can be a thing - it can be exhausting being in a heaving standard area, and very uncomfortable during some acts (I hurt my back during Green Day last summer, and almost got crushed during Arctic Monkeys despite being a long way from the stage).

I used to do it as I'd have somewhere to leave my jacket in arena, and didn't have the limbs to stay standing for hours. Still don't, but I've changed recently to standing as it has better acoustics.

Because it's becoming increasingly more challenging physically to stand for a whole concert in which I can barely see, despite being 1:78. Had a pretty darn good view in Amsterdam, and I didn't feel completely hurting all over after the concert.

With Sigur Rós it was just great to sit because there's not really any need to stand close.

Doesn't mean first row is boring, but I can't always be there very early.

well they might as well provide beds at a sigur rós show :LOL:

still, I'd just feel weird sitting in one place, while the band is throwing riffs at the audience that practically urges them to jump around/mosh to it or whatever.

Standing still for a long time has never been a problem for me, although I can understand why people don't like it. well, whatever.

My opinion is that you're missing out on the best thing about rock shows if you're seated - the jumping, the moshing, the singalongs, and just letting loose in general which you sure as hell aren't able to do while sitting... it's your cash though, spend it as you will.

well they might as well provide beds at a sigur rós show :LOL:

still, I'd just feel weird sitting in one place, while the band is throwing riffs at the audience that practically urges them to jump around/mosh to it or whatever.

Standing still for a long time has never been a problem for me, although I can understand why people don't like it. well, whatever.

My opinion is that you're missing out on the best thing about rock shows if you're seated - the jumping, the moshing, the singalongs, and just letting loose in general which you sure as hell aren't able to do while sitting... it's your cash though, spend it as you will.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about it. Some people DON'T have a pleasant experience in a standing crowd, and I gave you plenty of reasons why.

What your opinion is and what has never been a problem to you shouldn't affect your ability to see it from someone elses point of view.

Unless ofc you're a moron.

What your opinion is and what has never been a problem to you shouldn't affect your ability to see it from someone elses point of view.

it doesn't. that's why I wrote that I understand why people hate it.

I still think that a standing cowd is what a rock show is mainly about. you can go ahead and get seats if you'd like, but it won't be the same. you might as well just watch a DVD.

and I didn't insult anybody, so please stop behaving like an asshole.

it doesn't. that's why I wrote that I understand why people hate it.

I still think that a standing cowd is what a rock show is mainly about. you can go ahead and get seats if you'd like, but it won't be the same. you might as well just watch a DVD.

and I didn't insult anybody, so please stop behaving like an asshole.

Maybe you're not insulting anybody here, but it's still an insulting opinion. You can't really speak for the seated people either.

I was standing at night one at the Emirates and seated the second night and I enjoyed both for different reasons.

As I've gotten older, I absolutely hate jumping around and carrying on at concerts. I had a lot of fun when I was younger doing it, but I have found that my actual enjoyment of said gigs has increased a ton since I have focused more on paying attention than on slamming myself around and screaming.

If I think it's going to be a rough floor (increasingly rare, it seems, where I live and with the concerts I see) or if I can't be there early enough to get close enough, I will choose to sit so I can see and not get beat up by kids all night.

Almost got seats for the MN Muse gig, actually. Couldn't see shit in '10, and it really hurt my experience a lot. And I'm really not that short (5'7".)

Glad I didn't, but just because everyone was SO nice and let me in front of them if they were taller. Quite a miracle, really.

I clap and cheer before and after songs, but I'd rather just take it in while the performance is happening, and I always sort of think it's unfair when people judge a crowd based on that. Doesn't mean we're not enjoying ourselves, in the slightest.

Archived