[YT]
[/YT]

Coventry is only a few miles down the road from Birmingham, which is the UK's second city and Muse had just played there in October. Dead Star being brought out wasn't like it was the middle of nowhere, really.

Crowd was awful for Dead Star tho I'll give ya that much. I was too busy live tweeting it to notice at the time, though, and tbh I'm glad there wasn't any of that jumping or joshing nonsense near me since I was having a musegasm.

Coventry is only a few miles down the road from Birmingham, which is the UK's second city and Muse had just played there in October. Dead Star being brought out wasn't like it was the middle of nowhere, really.

Crowd was awful for Dead Star tho I'll give ya that much. I was too busy live tweeting it to notice at the time, though, and tbh I'm glad there wasn't any of that jumping or joshing nonsense near me since I was having a musegasm.

Not sure where the point is about the location. Thing is a lot of people here (including me) believed that the casual fan gig goers would still enjoy songs that were great live even if they didn't know them just, for being great live songs, but after the tour came and the band actually brought back rarities, that was shown to not happen as much as people had hoped.

I find the excessive amount of people who are on their cell phones during gigs to be far worse than the people who don't jump around and carry on while watching the gig.

I don't mean the people filming gigs so we can all amuse ourselves on YouTube, or the people Tweeting the setlists so we can unbury them from the shitstorms of trolling... But the major amount of people, even in the front few rows, who are just on Facebook, taking selfies, or Tweeting about beer.

I'd put some kind of electromagnetic signal/circuit jammer on all venues so phones/cameras, etc, just didn't work.

99.99% of Youtube clips from gigs are utter horseshit. And I really don't understand why you would prefer to watch half the gig through a tiny camera lens.

Watch the fucking gig, the memories are those moments you experience there and then, not from some shitty little fit of camera phone footage.

Plus, because every other tosspot is filming too, why even bother? Let some other chump do the work if they want to waste the experience.

that crowd :noey: Most of brazilians didn't know the lyrics of Bliss or Butterflies and Hurricanes at Lollapalooza but at least they reacted to the songs cheering :p

I want to see Dead Star live :supersad:

Most Brazilians know nothing, except trolling any celebrity's facebook/twitter with "COME TO BRAZILLLLLL"

Crowd was pretty bad at Emirates too.

People just don't appreciate greatness.

The crowd was brilliant where I was. On both nights. Definitely the best muse crowd of any muse gig I've been to

[YT]
[/YT]

But look at how far off to the side this is being videod. Most crowds are dead at the outside edges.

If only bands would release the footage of their live gigs more often, filming would become unnecessary. We get proshots, they get a more involved crowd.

People are stupid though, many would film from the phone regardless. Look at the Rome DVD, so many smartphones even if it was widely known to be recorded.

People are stupid though, many would film from the phone regardless. Look at the Rome DVD, so many smartphones even if it was widely known to be recorded.

I do film every now and then, but that's mostly 'rarities'. I prefer to watch with my own eyes... it's easier when you're seated. Then you can just put the camera on your lap and enjoy with your own eyes.

I take photos during crowd lulls or every 3 or 4 songs rather than spend the whole gig viewing through a lens. Since discovering the "Hi-Speed Burst" on my Lumix I don't take as many as I used to, but usually I find one photo is good enough and I can go back to enjoying the song.

I don't understand why you would spend the whole gig filming through a phone camera - as much as I do enjoy watching the good ones, the amount feels way too much, and there really isn't a need for an entire moshpit to be more interesting in photoing than enjoying themselves.

Archived