I'm grateful that Muse cares about my shitey little hometown enough to visit it.

Well this is a bit of a silly thing to say.

Because I'm understanding in that the band wasn't as big here during the earlier albums, and not that many people really know the material, meaning we're getting current songs and greatest hits.

Isn't that the same in your hometown though? I understand that you spend a lot less if there's a gig where you live, but you still spend a bit. If a bad setlist is ok in your hometown it should be ok anywhere else. And viceversa.

To be fair I really haven't been impressed with the arena setlists post-stadium tour.

:rolleyes:

Unnatural Selection, Agitated, Fury, NSC (which was, somewhat surprisingly, really good). Explorers hasn't been played, and the aforementioned Feeling Good has been played once.

Isn't that the same in your hometown though? I understand that you spend a lot less if there's a gig where you live, but you still spend a bit. If a bad setlist is ok in your hometown it should be ok anywhere else. And viceversa.

I spend about $60 to see a gig in my hometown, plus about $10 parking, if I'm really unlucky or leave late. Gas is negligible, since it takes me about 10 minutes to get to nearly any venue.

With the large distance the other Muse shows are away from me, cost of gas, tickets, hotels, I would spend a minimum of $600. More likely up to $800, because I typically can't drive overnight.

I never really considered the original NA setlist to be a "bad" setlist. Compared to overseas? Yeah, sure, it's lacking. But like I said, I always understood that Muse wasn't big until recently here, and the demographic of the crowd is different when you get into Muse listening to Starlight and Madness, than Showbiz and OoS.

This NA leg changed that a bit, because some gigs are getting the "standard set" (with maybe even GL thrown in) and some are getting true B-Sides. We can argue that Fury only got played as a special treat for one person, but many shows were getting Agitated up until recently.

So, if tonight gets CE and Assassin, and if I went next week and got the same exact "greatest hits only" set from October... then yes, I might be upset.

Quite honestly why I've decided I might not go. It's just too expensive, and now I can't say I'm not expecting something rare, at least a little. Prior to the new NA leg starting, I wasn't.

Archived