Last time I was in a mosh the ground was so muddy from days of rain and several previous gigs that everyone was basically falling around without being touched. It was a miracle of two people actually stood up long enough to mosh.

All the talk about the American crowds is no joke. I was asked by multiple people on the last tour to stop dancing/jumping and told by one guy I didn't know how to act at a concert. Also if you even think about starting a mosh of anykind people act like its the end of the fucking world.

I think the problem with Muse-moshing in the USA is the way Muse is seen as a band (a pop act). I went to see them at Vegas and it was probably the worst crowd I've ever been in. There were old people, grumpy dads with their teenage daughters and only like 6 people actually jumping around and having a good time, I thought people went in with a 'Vegas show' attitude, but maybe it's a USA thing. It was awful. And Muse did put up a good show.

I remember getting a bunch of Dead Star signs and trying to give them away only to be rudely rejected, people complaining about being pushed during Stockholm Syndrome, oh my God I could go on forever. Muse was awesome as always, but I prefer seeing them in Mexico, we do know how to rock!

Well it's quite annoying when it's done by annoying people and you don't wanna participate.

But tbh most of the moshpits I've experienced, both in them and as an outsider, have been fair and everyone has been helpful to anyone who falls down or gets hurt.

I've never had problem in Muse moshpits, people are polite and make sure everyone is having a good time.

What about Plug in Baby at Oakland? I was being pushed around like crazy!

Which Oakland? There wasn't much activity where I was this year (I could see it all happening towards the middle though).

And I don't remember seeing a mosh pit at a Muse gig. Maybe some fun pushing, but not really full on mosh.

/america

All of the gig I've been to have had multiple circle pits going

Duh.

Front rows usually have some activity but not much full on circle pits. I heard LA RIsing got a bit crazy but I don't think it got very extreme considering the setlist.

My biggest problem is when 95% of the crowd just stands there doing nothing. Its fairly high energy show. People should at least act like they're enjoying it.

My biggest problem was people who were sitting down. I had seats, and there were four or five girls near me who sat down and were on their phones from mid-set until Uprising in the encore. I see it as part of a broader social problem of people not being fully aware and involved in their surroundings.

My biggest problem was people who were sitting down. I had seats, and there were four or five girls near me who sat down and were on their phones from mid-set until Uprising in the encore. I see it as part of a broader social problem of people not being fully aware and involved in their surroundings.

Yeah, I can see what you're getting at. Also it kinda seems like a majority of the people there are only there for 4 or 5 songs. It doesn't make sense to go to a gig for that little. Its like going to see Blur just for Song 2.

My mom was seated somewhere and said there were two people huddled together smoking weed the entire time.

I get that the :doobie: might enhance the experience or whatever but I don't think it does much if you never actually look up to see the actual concert.

My mom was seated somewhere and said there were two people huddled together smoking weed the entire time.

I get that the :doobie: might enhance the experience or whatever but I don't think it does much if you never actually look up to see the actual concert.

A Muse concert on LSD would be interesting...

A Muse concert on LSD would be interesting...

Before they came on at the festival a little circle in front of me took a combination of mushrooms, LSD, and marijuana. Combined with the alcohol they most likely had throughout the day I imagine it was quite the interesting experience for them.

Before they came on at the festival a little circle in front of me took a combination of mushrooms, LSD, and marijuana. Combined with the alcohol they most likely had throughout the day I imagine it was quite the interesting experience for them.

What the hell? :LOL:

That only would've been crazier if it had been at the arenas with the huge productions.

adult alternative :LOL:

Maybe it's just the Midwest, but that's full on what we call it here. :LOL:

Sort of the Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Train sort of non-genre.

We even have two radio stations that classify themselves as such, which are the only two that play Muse in my area.

It gets a bit hinky because they'll only play UD, Starlight and Madness... You would think proving Muse aren't infact in that "genre"... but hey.

I'm predicting a return to the exact same setlist for the new US gigs, anyways. :erm:

Probably no surprises.

a good mosh pit is quite possibly one of the best forms of entertainment I can think of. sadly, Muse's moshing days were pretty much over after the abso tour.

Don't know what gigs you've been to, but from my experience, SBE was fucking brutal for moshing:

Also:

I think a person's joy of moshing might be inverse with age. :LOL:

As I got older, I found it was deterring me from being able to watch and enjoy the show; in my younger days, I was going to way more concerts of bands I wasn't as in to, but I enjoyed the atmosphere. Nowdays, I go to like one show a year if I'm lucky, and I'm more into just watching and enjoying.

People who are constantly on their cellphones at gigs (tweeting, on FB, etc) also really bother me, though.

Archived