seems like they don't take GL seriously themselves

why bother playing it?

Because whenever they start playing good songs again (Dead Star, Butterflies, Sunburn, Bliss) there has to be some sort of trade-off. Can't have a gig that's consistently good, y'know.

Because whenever they start playing good songs again (Dead Star, Butterflies, Sunburn, Bliss) there has to be some sort of trade-off. Can't have a gig that's consistently good, y'know.

where's your avatar, Ari?

and why do you reply to me in such a friendly way :stunned:

It was very windy last night, I'm sure that's why they didn't do Blackout.

Awesome gig :awesome: I wish the sound was better where we were but apart from that it was brilliant from start to end. I thought the setlist worked surprisingly well, it really flowed and I didn't think there was a dull moment. I actually LIKED Guiding Light, I can't believe I'm saying this :LOL:

Delighted we got Sunburn, Survival was immense, Bliss got such an enthusiastic response... Btw, everyone who says Resistance is dull live should have been in Porto last night. LOVED Animals and the whole money thing. And Chris can really own the stage now on Liquid State, he's improved so much. Plus, the guitar throwing on Uprising :awesome:

The flashmob was the cherry on top of the cake. We were a bit worried it wouldn't work when they did SMBH as the second song cos the instructions said we were supposed to lift the papers after the third song (they were expecting it to be third in the setlist) but it was timed perfectly.

I liked the support band and it was hilarious to see how happy the guys were with the enthusiastic reception they had from the crowd. Everyone was clapping and really cheering for them, you could tell the guys couldn't believe they had such a huge crowd applauding them :LOL:

All in all, yeah, great night. Stadium looked packed and it seemed to me like only the seats at the top weren't filled.

26) Uprising

-> Matt: "You have been the best crowd we have played so far"

I've been to Muse gigs in Portugal with a more lively crowd but then again it is a stadium. The place was packed, everyone stood (we saw people in the seating section standing even for the support act lol) and it was amazing to see the sea of arms and fists in the air. There was this moment right at the end when Matt was saying goodbye and in the screens you saw him with the mic down, mouthing to himself 'amazing', so I guess that it looked quite nice from his perspective :LOL:

Archived