i hope more poeple go to the Porto gig. The gig last night was dissapointed in crowd attendance, with media reports between 34.000 and 45.000

Bon Jovi even does a gig in Spain only, where the tickets are between 25-30 euro's or something like that!

I think that says enough, a lot of people don't have that money to buy expensive tickets now.

I heard there were 40.000, an article online said it.

Coldplay do the whole stadium thing so much better than Muse. I feel Muse are pretending to be something they're not at the moment.

It all feels a bit try hard and falls flat, especially all the set pieces in the show. It's tacky.

Coldplay are unashamedly rabble-rousing in their approach and Chris Martin is an immense front man, he can just pull off that whole crowd rapport thing so much better.

the comparison it's not fair, that Coldplay show was in 2009, when Spain was in a better situation and Guardiola's favourite song was Viva la Vida, so everybody was crazy about it.

The band noticied it and want to record a DVD for that show, but a weak performance of Coldplay and a lot of sound issues cancelled the project.

Muse sounds much better live than Coldplay.

Coldplay do the whole stadium thing so much better than Muse. I feel Muse are pretending to be something they're not at the moment.

It all feels a bit try hard and falls flat, especially all the set pieces in the show. It's tacky.

Coldplay are unashamedly rabble-rousing in their approach and Chris Martin is an immense front man, he can just pull off that whole crowd rapport thing so much better.

Yeah, Muse need to go back to rocking out and letting the music do the job.

You are one post away from dropping a "Glastonbury 2004"!

Coldplay and Muse are comparable in terms of size, but not in terms of approach.

I think they are completely aware that their shows have a "trial and error" character. It's not perfect, but it'd say more "ambitious" (whatever pretentious bullshit that means ;)) than Coldplay.

You are one post away from dropping a "Glastonbury 2004"!

Coldplay and Muse are comparable in terms of size, but not in terms of approach.

I think they are completely aware that their shows have a "trial and error" character. It's not perfect, but it'd say more "ambitious" (whatever pretentious bullshit that means ;)) than Coldplay.

The problem is that their ambition stretches further then what they can accomplish.

Spanish flag / Barcelona shirt moment (undisclosed desires)

That screen is really blotchy. Seems to have been a fault with the centre bit of the screen at this gig. Saying that it's pretty hilarious to see him wearing the Barca shirt and Spanish flag over his head like a poncho as he walked back under stage.

Archived