Knights has always been a talked about option for pre/post-piano section in the setlist thread which makes the fact that they actually did it all the more surprising.

Personally, I think playing it earlier in the set gives it a new lease of life and is a fresh take on it which is definitely an improvement from the constant closer method they have since the tail end of 2008 however the effect WOULD work a lot better if the stadium setting was slightly darker when the song was played.

I'd like to see how it works in a darker/arena setting.

The best thing about Knights being early in the set is actually having the energy to go crazy to it. I always hated it being right at the end because im always bloody knackered long before it started.

Aye at Reading I was so knackered I barely had the energy to jump too it. Something the moshpit that opened up right behind me evidently did not. :facepalm:

I had fun with it at Shepherd's Bush and Emirates though. It weirdly worked in the mid-set, although it worked better with Dracula Mountain and Eurasia rather than Monty Jam and Explorers.

I think MWAH is a great lead-in to KoC. Adds a lot of "atmosphere" (if that makes any sense?), and it's always nice having the harmonica throw :LOL: (Maybe I'm biased because I have one though :p)

That being said, it is getting a little "old"... They've been doing it for ages, and it'd be nice if they could change it up! (Plus think of all the money they'd save on harmonicas :LOL: I can't imagine how much they waste on harmonicas each tour).

I think MWAH is a great lead-in to KoC. Adds a lot of "atmosphere" (if that makes any sense?), and it's always nice having the harmonica throw :LOL: (Maybe I'm biased because I have one though :p)

That being said, it is getting a little "old"... They've been doing it for ages, and it'd be nice if they could change it up! (Plus think of all the money they'd save on harmonicas :LOL: I can't imagine how much they waste on harmonicas each tour).

You could probably get a few thousand harmonicas for one of the guitars Matt smashes up.

You could probably get a few thousand harmonicas for one of the guitars Matt smashes up.

True :LOL: Although maybe not thousands. They don't use cheapo harmonicas, and it's technically two per show (or 4, if Chris is generous :LOL:).

I'd much rather them ditch the harmonicas than the guitar smashes though :p

It would work even as a gig intro (with Knights opening of course), with all the lights out.

That's actually a really cool idea.

It would work even as a gig intro (with Knights opening of course), with all the lights out.

I remember posting it in the Perfect Setlist thread and being told it was too slow for a gig opener. But I think it would be quite a cool opening to a gig - just Chris and a spotlight, before full blast lights reveal Matt and Dom kickstarting that intro riff.

I remember posting it in the Perfect Setlist thread and being told it was too slow for a gig opener. But I think it would be quite a cool opening to a gig - just Chris and a spotlight, before full blast lights reveal Matt and Dom kickstarting that intro riff.

Well I think it wouldn't be too slow. It would set the mood perfectly.

Archived