They're not allowed lasers at stadiums because of flights etc.

was at a wedding a couple of weekends ago at a hotel near East Midlands airport, they had fireworks but they had to be timed *exactly* because of the airport. I guess the same would be true at a stadium gig that was near an airport (Emirates is fairly near Luton and Stansted, as these things go) so the timing would have to be bang-on and that's just not always possible so I suppose they just don't bother. Also probably why the pyro was flames rather than fireworks.

They're too big to pull of simple now, it's true, but they could still try for genuine.

Not that they're too big in general, but this kind of show is too big. But I agree with you.

I don't think I would like a simple stadium show anyways. If you were up front then it would be cool and all but anywhere further back and it would look quite dull when your only view is a few dots.

And yes, you have to reach anyone in order to make a good show.

I actually think that without the petrol scene, the coffins, Guiding Light and Starlight closing these gigs would be fantastic.

Not that they're too big in general, but this kind of show is too big. But I agree with you.

And yes, you have to reach anyone in order to make a good show.

I actually think that without the petrol scene, the coffins, Guiding Light and Starlight closing these gigs would be fantastic.

They still are fantastic.

The majority of songs are played in a straightforward manner and the song selections have been amazing. It's not perfect but it's looked really good so far and people have been coming back with great reactions even with the flaws.

I would define them "really good", not fantastic.

You haven't even been to one yet Fabri :p reserve your judgement until you experience it in gig conditions - the show really is fantastic this time around, even with its flaws! :)

Besides Guiding Light what has been a bad song choice that we wouldn't have already expected them to play?

With song selections I also mean their placement in the set. Therefore Starlight, an anti-climatic whole last encore, dull b-stage section.

Of course the highs are still more than the lows. Close the main set with Knights, put UD after Madness, remove GL, put Stockholm after Blackout, swap the encores and I will go full fanboy.

With song selections I also mean their placement in the set. Therefore Starlight, an anti-climatic whole last encore, dull b-stage section.

and I mentioned song selection specifically because I was disregarding for a moment their placement in the set, otherwise I'd just say setlist.

and I mentioned song selection specifically because I was disregarding for a moment their placement in the set, otherwise I'd just say setlist.

Well yes but talking about not only the song choices, but their placement in the sets fits more the discussion, since we're talking about the gigs overall :phu:

Archived