Watch Panic Station Video Online Now

KirkBot

Looks like they made a gigantic cultural blunder there, judging by the torrent of angry, horrified comments from Asian fans below the video. The giant Rising Sun Flag at the beginning of the video is considered incredibly offensive in many Asian countries (especially Korea and China), where it is associated with right wing Japanese imperialism and the war atrocities committed under it.

It's essentially the Asian equivalent of having a giant spinning swastika. :erm:

Looks like they made a gigantic cultural blunder there, judging by the torrent of angry, horrified comments from Asian fans below the video. The giant Rising Sun Flag at the beginning of the video is considered incredibly offensive in many Asian countries (especially Korea and China), where it is associated with right wing Japanese imperialism and the war atrocities committed under it.

It's essentially the Asian equivalent of having a giant spinning swastika. :erm:

Whoops! I am sure it wasn't intentional though.

Interesting video! lol!

Apparently the band have already read some fan comments (and replied!) so they know. Best to wait and see what happens.

Apparently the band have already read some fan comments (and replied!) so they know. Best to wait and see what happens.

Where have you seen that they have replied? Aww it's a shame anyway. There's always something isn't there?!

I'm not sure whether the video quite comes over, though perhaps that's just my mood, but they obviously had fun. :)

Where have you seen that they have replied? Aww it's a shame anyway. There's always something isn't there?!

I'm not sure whether the video quite comes over, though perhaps that's just my mood, but they obviously had fun. :)

Someone posted it in the thread where the video's being discussed, I think it was on facebook or something.

Seems so, it's gone now anyway. Night shift in re-editing the video and reuploading, I guess?! Wonder what they'll put in instead if they keep that scene - maybe just a real picture of a rising sun? I can't imagine that being offensive.

Yes enjoyed the fun in the video too! :happy: