Everyone ignored my actual point/question:

Given the chance to successfully request ANY Muse song, some of you would make that request Assassin?

Without a doubt, it's my favourite song they've done along with Take A Bow and it's a beast live.

I love the Dead Star ended the set, and then Starlight was next for the encore. Kinda of cool the way that worked out. EDIT: nevermind, IS --> Uprising followed it... my mind is in the gutter, Dead Star messed me up real good!

Everyone ignored my actual point/question:

Given the chance to successfully request ANY Muse song, some of you would make that request Assassin?

Mine would personally be Hyper Chondriac Music (sp?)... I actually think that would be immense live when all is said and done.

But Assassin was amazing live when I heard it. I would actually LOVE to hear Exo-Politics live... I think they could make it sound brilliant after a little rehearsal time. But of COURSE Muscle Museum is near the top of my list, as well as Showbiz.

I love the Dead Star ended the set, and then Starlight was next for the encore. Kinda of cool the way that worked out.

But Assassin was amazing live when I heard it. I would actually LOVE to hear Exo-Politics live... I think they could make it sound brilliant after a little rehearsal time. But of COURSE Muscle Museum is near the top of my list, as well as Showbiz.

yeah i just noticed how off-topic this became :LOL:

aw nice! What gig did you see assassin at? Slightly jealous. For me I don't even know what I'd pick MM and Showbiz are there for me too.. Fury, Hyper Music are there too

yeah i just noticed how off-topic this became :LOL:

aw nice! What gig did you see assassin at? Slightly jealous. For me I don't even know what I'd pick MM and Showbiz are there for me too.. Fury, Hyper Music are there too

It's not our fault, it should probably have been locked when the gig ended, no?

Saw Assassin at Bill Graham in San Fran (in my signature)... was my first full Muse gig, and probably the best setlist to this day.

It's awesome it was played and all, but Madness > TIRO > UD > Dead Star > Isolated System > Uprising is a horrible flow. It's like the sort of flow often criticised in the setlist thread.

IS hardly counts in the flow though, because it's more of an encore break. I agree with the rest though.

It's not our fault, it should probably have been locked when the gig ended, no?

Saw Assassin at Bill Graham in San Fran (in my signature)... was my first full Muse gig, and probably the best setlist to this day.

Yeah it should have been.

Ah nice :awesome:

IS hardly counts in the flow though, because it's more of an encore break. I agree with the rest though.

I guess IS doesn't, but it does flow better when it's going NB/SS/DS -> Unsustainable -> Uprising

Aye that's a set and a half by global standards, nevermind American ones.

They should bring back S4A. Lovely song. Hopefully for the stadium leg in place of Resistance or Undisclosed Desires.

It was the long version of Assassin, too! I miss Sing For Absolution, and would love to hear that again as well. Man, talk about a song that gets me lost in the world of Muse....

:'( so jelly

I guess IS doesn't, but it does flow better when it's going NB/SS/DS -> Unsustainable -> Uprising

Oh yes, definitely.

I've never really 'loved' Assassin for some reason, but I can imagine it being ~shit hot~ live.

Still, the poll thing would never really work because whatever wins, those who didn't vote for it would just continue to request something else anyway. The reason people consistently have Dead Star signs at every gig now is because they know there's already a decent chance they might get to hear it, not because it's everyone's number 1 choice.

Assassin definitely wouldn't get my vote for rarity begging, and I definitely don't like the notion that I'm supposed to stop being vocal about wanting my specific favorites being played just because some random person or two on a message board told me I have an obligation to push their choice.

Muscle Museum gets my vote and should be among the plausible ones, seeing how it was mentioned by a band member. Fury too.

Archived