Yeah, because Muse always pay attention to polls. Fan-made or official.

I think you misunderstand me. I was suggesting a poll for people to vote on the song they most want played, then start requesting that at gigs as they have been with Dead Star.

Just an idea, not saying it's definitely a good one, just wanted to test the water.

Yep. We've already been promised old stuff. Let's just take that as a victory and go with it.

When he said that at the gig I'm not allowed to mention, I, along with I think most of the crowd, thought he was saying that he was that they were gonna play some old stuff then and there. Chris was cracking up when he saw the disappointed looks as he started playing Survival. :LOL:

It took five years to play Dead Star again and the only thing that was really fan-pleasing during that run was OOS at Reading.

While it's great that Muse are playing Dead Star again (to the hardcore fans at least), the chances of them doing anything else that is anything less than Matt self-indulging is almost a complete write off especially as they continue to make more new music.

It took five years to play Dead Star again and the only thing that was really fan-pleasing during that run was OOS at Reading.

While it's great that Muse are playing Dead Star again (to the hardcore fans at least), the chances of them doing anything else that is anything less than Matt self-indulging is almost a complete write off especially as they continue to make more new music.

Well they're not gonna write any new music on this leg of the tour, so why not try and get something in before they do, seeing as it worked with Dead Star?

Yeah I really wouldn't start immediately saying "Ok well done, now play Assassin". It'll just make the fanbase seem demanding and insatiable. Particularly since they'll probably end up playing some different old stuff next month anyway.

Why would anyone pick Assassin?

Well they're not gonna write any new music on this leg of the tour, so why not try and get something in before they do, seeing as it worked with Dead Star?

Yep, let's just keep pushing and be demanding assholes now that they've finally learned their lesson from TR. Goddamnit dude.

Bro, you are annoying as shit.

Get over yourself.

This.

Bro, you are annoying as shit.

Get over yourself.

Who, me?

It was just a suggestion, people seem to be reacting negatively to it so fair enough, I'll drop it.

I certainly didn't mean to come across as full of myself, I just had the idea, people didn't like it, move on.

Why would anyone pick Assassin?

seems like everyone here loves this one and CoD

not a great fan of either personally

I want Muscle Museum really badly :supersad:

and the fact that Dom mentioned it before the tour makes me even more anxious about it

seems like everyone here loves this one and CoD

not a great fan of either personally

I want Muscle Museum really badly :supersad:

and the fact that Dom mentioned it before the tour makes me even more anxious about it

Agree.

CoD is a waste of time because Matt is unwilling to sing the best part of the song properly.

Exo-Politics > Assassin

you're going to get slaughtered now

you should not have said that

Assassin is quite possibly the most boring song they've written, musically.

And most definitely the most childish. Guitar riffs from some 13 year old kid after his second guitar lesson.

Edit:

That being said: I once heard them play a piano version of Assassin at soundcheck before their 2007 Montreal show and it was beautiful.

And most definitely the most childish. Guitar riffs from some 13 year old kid after his second guitar lesson.

Edit:

That being said: I once heard them play a piano version of Assassin at soundcheck before their 2007 Montreal show and it was beautiful.

I think that Assassin is among top 3 favourite songs here

as I said I'm not a great fan of it, but I stay away from criticising anything for the aforementioned reason :chuckle:

You haven't heard... Save Me? Soldiers Poem? Explorers? Big Freeze?

2 songs from this list are absolutely fine

and obviously this discussion is far from being a sexy plane one

CoD is a waste of time because Matt is unwilling to sing the best part of the song properly.

Yes.

Exo-Politics > Assassin

lolno

That doesn't change the fact it's great live. Most of their riffs are pretty similar and simplistic anyways, even moreso than Assassin.

You know that there is a "slightly" different version of this song?

What is "musically boring"?

Yes, I also think that the album version is the better version as i find the Grand Omega Bosses section to be jarring and non-fitting with the rest of the song.

Musically boring: only 3 total sections....lack of sonic personality..

Although it is much better when he plays it live with the altered chorus riff.

My main question was more about "why would someone request assassin over all other choices" then, "why assassin at all".

Archived