That's pretty much what he did at the first night in Toronto...

If the signs do indeed say Dead Star.

I don't know, you could hear him say the word "tomorrow" there....btw, I love your siggie, Dylan, :D

That's cause he posted a vid from Toronto, not MSG. ;)

Yeah, it isn't as obvious in the MSG vid, but you can see at least 1 sign that says Dead Star (plus others that came up at the same time during the singalong), and Matt seems to be doing some sort of communication to them. :LOL:

We'll see though tonight.

That's cause he posted a vid from Toronto, not MSG. ;)

Yeah, it isn't as obvious in the MSG vid, but you can see at least 1 sign that says Dead Star (plus others that came up at the same time during the singalong), and Matt seems to be doing some sort of communication to them. :LOL:

We'll see though tonight.

OMG. I am an idiot. Sorry.

?

"I sort of got into that kind of thing, looking into space and all that - bit embarrassing, really. I'm a bit of a Star Trek fan in secret, but don't tell anyone (laughs). The song is about, let me think, it kind of how everyone reacted to the 11 September thing. We were in Boston at the time, we got stuck there, and that's when we recorded those songs. So, in some ways, the lyrics are a little bit about the hysteria around that time and how people were really quick to point fingers at everyone else when they should have pointed fingers at themselves."

Maybe the wrong time to play this one...

Oh, I get it now. I've never seen/heard "airline cavity" before:LOL:

Tbf, half the things Matt says in interviews are extremely likely to get him abducted by secret service agents for questioning. I swear he said in a recent interview he still gets additional screening at airports after making a bad joke at an airport a few years back.

Oh, I get it now. I've never seen/heard "airline cavity" before:LOL:

I don't know how common it is, but it DOES happen. My friend's loser brother was acting like a twat at the airport a few years ago, and making jokes about drugs... and yeah... it does happen...

Tbf, half the things Matt says in interviews are extremely likely to get him abducted by secret service agents for questioning. I swear he said in a recent interview he still gets additional screening at airports after making a bad joke at an airport a few years back.

It's an article where the reporter is apparently following the band for a few days, and Matt says something snarky about bombs at the airport, gets pulled off somewhere, and comes back in a really bad mood. I would assume that's the earlier incident.

Later, he said something about it pissing him off that he gets hassled still, even though he's got an American son.

You have to admit, that with the unfortunate coincidence of the Boston Survival dedication, and the story behind Dead Star... it would be a tad fucked up.

Honestly, do you think people would mind if he played Dead Star? That they would think about its real meaning?

As if 95% of the people at the gig knew what the true meaning/inspiration for Dead Star is

You could argue 95% of people at the gig wouldn't give two shits about Dead Star, or know what it was, either. *shrug*

Doesn't make it less kinda fucked up.

Might be different if they had played it at an earlier US gig.

*edit... oh fuck me, I'm in the wrong thread again... :facepalm:

Honestly, do you think people would mind if he played Dead Star? That they would think about its real meaning?

As if 95% of the people at the gig knew what the true meaning/inspiration for Dead Star is

As if 95% of an American audience knows what Dead Star is. At all.

Muse seem to have a lot of casual fans in the States. So many haven't heard anything other than what's mainly on their albums but even then they don't know all the tracks.

I do believe if they played tracks from the Hullabaloo Soundtrack and rarities it would peak more interest from the casual fans and move them over to being actual "musers".

seeing as we are not part of the crowd at that gig we have no way of knowing how many would recognise Dead Star and how many of them would know the back story of it. Not that that matters, what matters is what Muse think of playing it in NYC, 2 days after an attack on another American city. And music, especially live, is so much more than 'there to be enjoyed.' I will be astonished if it's played tonight, or any other night in the US of A.

I don't think the common "Matt can't remember the lyrics to his own songs, let alone anything else" excuse really comes in to play, either... I mean, writing a song while stuck in the US after 9/11 is pretty memorable, I'm sure...

Maybe he doesn't remember the nasty things he said at the time, or remembers taking it back later (sort of...) but I just feel it would be a bit twisted.

Whether or not the crowd has any idea, the BAND knows...

Play another rarity instead... pull out Showbiz, fucking Glorious; something.

Yeah I have to say I gree w both of you (trogette & SerpentSatellite) and not even sure why people are expecting it today when all Matt said was that PiB will be played tonight.

They did it once in Toronto and I just really doubt they'd do it again...but that won't stop the signs or the screams for it.

Yeah I have to say I gree w both of you (trogette & SerpentSatellite) and not even sure why people are expecting it today when all Matt said was that PiB will be played tonight.

you can see he points at the signs, at least. There's a slight chance of it being played.

Archived