2013.09.06 - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN

syzygy

Amazing! what sort of camera do you use?... I think I have already knackered mine... it is only 18 months old...

It's a fujifilm s2700hd. It's a few years old but still gets some good shots. I wish I was closer so I could of got more closeup shots.

thanks! long story short, we found out where they were partying afterwards. They were in a bar, but in the back room which was kinda hard to find. But when I saw them I was like :eek::D I met Dom first. He was so sweet and easy to talk to. Very friendly. I saw Chris across the room and waved at him. He smiled and waved back. Then I saw Matt. He was playing pool and taking shots at the bar. Matt took a picture with me and went back to playing pool. Chris was getting ready to leave to go back to his hotel, so I asked him for a quick picture. He was very friendly too. He made a joke about my camera flash (it's really bright), thanked me for coming to the show and shook my hand. I talked to various people there. Most were with the band, like I talked to all the background musicians. I also met Cage the Elephant. The lead singer was quite drunk, lol, but very friendly. Before we left, we went to go talk to Matt. He talked to us for about 20 minutes. He was very nice. He gave me a hug afterwards and thanked me for coming to the show. I am on cloud 9 right now! lol

oh, and when I went to the bar to get a drink, they said someone was paying everyone's tab that night. Probably Muse? There really wasn't a whole lot of people there. So everyone's drink in that room was paid for by someone with Muse!

gahh! that's so awesome!! and so sweet that someone was paying for everyones' drink! i'm insanely jealous but also super happy for you. how did you find out where they were?

Matt from CTE tweeted the location of the after party lol!

Ah-HA! Guess I'd better follow him on twitter in case he does that again for Philly! :)

And thanks to moonlightmusic54 for the details....I am not jealous at all that you got to talk to Matt for 20 minutes...nope, not at all, just so you know..... ;):LOL::D

Fall tour poster is here...

http://www.davidwelker.com/available2007.htm?reloaded=true

For those interested. Also I've met The CTE guys multiple times and they are amazingly nice. Wish I would have made it to the after party but only slept three hours the night before due to excitement!

Some friends of my brother's who went to the Charlotte show with us met the lead singer of CTE in a bar after the show. He even bought them drinks. The funny thing was that they were late to the show so they never even saw CTE's set. :LOL:

moonlightmusic54 - That is so great you meeting them! Good to see they are still nice guys. I would of been to chicken to go plus I'm old and needed my sleep. :D

btw - love your icon.

Anyone else in the GA line fiasco? What a nightmare. Some people really needed to relax. All those people at the back of the line skipping to the front...not cool. Then all those in the front arguing with people and trying to skip in whatever line they wanted...also not cool.I had so many people trying to check my hand to make sure I had a number.:rolleyes: I miss the days of getting to a Muse show at like 6pm and being the first one in line.

Here are some of my photos from front on Matt's side. I didn't "dance like a maniac" and did use a camera. Thats my way of enjoying a show. Photography + music is my heaven.Not many came out because I borrowed the camera and didn't know how to use it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/she_said_boom/sets/72157635422450021/with/9697977186/

I have a couple of short videos to I'll see if they are worth putting up.

Some friends of my brother's who went to the Charlotte show with us met the lead singer of CTE in a bar after the show. He even bought them drinks. The funny thing was that they were late to the show so they never even saw CTE's set. :LOL:

We met them outside the venue in Charlotte, they invited us to the bar, but we had to head home. Early flight. Small world. :)

Ah-HA! Guess I'd better follow him on twitter in case he does that again for Philly! :)

And thanks to moonlightmusic54 for the details....I am not jealous at all that you got to talk to Matt for 20 minutes...nope, not at all, just so you know..... ;):LOL::D

hey, maybe they'll go to the same bar next time they are in Nashville! lol

moonlightmusic54 - That is so great you meeting them! Good to see they are still nice guys. I would of been to chicken to go plus I'm old and needed my sleep. :D

btw - love your icon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/she_said_boom/sets/72157635422450021/with/9697977186/

thanks! they are super sweet guys. And Dexter is awesome, haha!

oh, and when I went to the bar to get a drink, they said someone was paying everyone's tab that night. Probably Muse? There really wasn't a whole lot of people there. So everyone's drink in that room was paid for by someone with Muse!

Your experience sounds SOOOO COOL! And that's awesome that someone was paying for all the drinks.

Yes, Matt said that they had never played NSC in the States. I was more than awestruck that we got Unnatural Selection. Was hoping for Stockholm Syndrome, but what we got was SPECTACULAR. We were up in the Club Level seats, and the folks beside me sat down the entire time. I wanted to smack 'em. You go to a show (especially a MUSE show) to have fun, not sit on your bum the whole time!!

As someone who has feet problems, I can vouch for people who sit down at rock concerts. Sometimes your body forces you to, even if you're into the music.

hey, maybe they'll go to the same bar next time they are in Nashville! lol

One can only hope!! :D

Was anyone else disappointed that Dom didn't change into his red ninja suit?

yeah, we went through all this stuff trying to find out where they were, haha. sneaky tactics I plan on implementing when I see Chevelle in October ;) But when I got home I saw that CTE tweeted it, lol. Still had fun either way!

Were you in a Chevelle shirt at the concert? if so I think I was walking next to you for a bit!

btw - love your icon.

Anyone else in the GA line fiasco? What a nightmare. Some people really needed to relax. All those people at the back of the line skipping to the front...not cool. Then all those in the front arguing with people and trying to skip in whatever line they wanted...also not cool.I had so many people trying to check my hand to make sure I had a number.:rolleyes: I miss the days of getting to a Muse show at like 6pm and being the first one in line.

Here are some of my photos from front on Matt's side. I didn't "dance like a maniac" and did use a camera. Thats my way of enjoying a show. Photography + music is my heaven.Not many came out because I borrowed the camera and didn't know how to use it.

The lines in general were a little crazy. Weird about the GA line because in past experience people have been really chilled and helpful.

Was anyone else disappointed that Dom didn't change into his red ninja suit?

Yes! we were :( then decided it was too warm for it... for an ice arena it was warm enough in there.

Just gotta say, as one of the people "up front" arguing, I respectfully disagree. I was #7 in the queue, had been in line for over 14 hours, and I was mad as hell. I think we had a right to stick up for ourselves and everyone else who was line jumped by a handful of jerks. We had a 13 year old with us, and someone who was legally blind, and they got there at 6 a.m. so they could ensure that they were safer in the front.

This was my first Muse show. I'd heard of them but never took the time to listen to anything until May when my wife and son (willsfc) went to the free show in Atlanta in May. I watched the live stream and was blown away. Fantastic show in Nashville and I'd definitely like to see them again. Wish I had tried to tape the show. We had a great spot on the floor and everyone around us was really cool Really bummed we had to drive home and miss the after party. Here's a link to a few photos from the show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79207332@N06/sets/72157635418484487/

9692633867_4104d9267c_c.jpg

these are awesome shots! I feel like we were really close to each other!

did you by any chance get a video of the end of knights omg

Just gotta say, as one of the people "up front" arguing, I respectfully disagree. I was #7 in the queue, had been in line for over 14 hours, and I was mad as hell. I think we had a right to stick up for ourselves and everyone else who was line jumped by a handful of jerks. We had a 13 year old with us, and someone who was legally blind, and they got there at 6 a.m. so they could ensure that they were safer in the front.

I think she was pretty much supporting your cause.

Just sad that you had to defend your spot. Had that happen to me last year at a Kasabian concert during the show. We got there early to be as close to barrier as possible and Miss Grind My Way To The Front thought she was getting in front of me. I honestly was close to hurting her. There are a lot of people in the world that don't want to queue and just waltz to the front because they think it is their right.

And whilst I'm ranting - WTH with people going to gigs and getting so shitfaced that they don't even know they are there?! I'm not a prude but I do want to remember a gig I paid to see.

no, I actually don't have a chevelle shirt.... yet. ;)

this is me:

https://twitter.com/BreeLPN/status/376336239517241344/photo/1

:LOL: It definitely wasn't you then!!! it was a bloke in the Chevelle shirt! :LOL:

I keep wondering about the guy I met at the merchandise stand with his brand new Iron Maiden shirt from the night before and if he has worked out that Dom was in GA too...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived