2013.09.17 - Pepsi Center, Denver, CO, US

January

Wow... glad I checked in at 8.20am local time... tix were available (I though it was meant to be 10am local?)... still some there!

Can't wait! :)

I thought CO was two hours back from Eastern time, but was getting confirmations of people getting tix an hour before they were supposed to go on sale?

I hope everyone was able to get in on the tix they wanted. :(

How often is it snowing in the area around Sept 17th, anyways? Is it likely?

I thought CO was two hours back from Eastern time, but was getting confirmations of people getting tix an hour before they were supposed to go on sale?

Snow in September is not unheard of but pretty unlikely. I'd put it at 15 percentish. But now that I said that it's probably gonna snow that day :/

It is 2 hours behind... I just re-logged in to my code link and they were there!

The front rows of the section were gone, but they were still a few rows ahead of the ones that went on sale again at 10am.

Hope people didn't miss out!

Was there for the last show... it was great that they remembered the postponement and shuffled the setlist around a bit.

Fingers crossed for a late first snow of the Fall! (as we still have some on the ground!)

So I also bought tickets for the show SLC, as that is where I live, but we bought tickets for Denver as an after thought. SO my question I have for all you Denver folks is where we can go after the show because we don't want to get a hotel room and the flight we are booking won't leave until 7am the following morning. Denver strikes me as late city, with multiple late night things to do, where as SLC is sleepy town after 10pm. Send your suggestions my way and thanks for all your advice!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not at all familiar with the arena... Looks like there's just section 130 and 144 left... Nothing stated on the ticket sales site, but are those obstructed view?

They look a little too far around the sides of the stage.

Concert sold well, I take it!

Well, good to know, I guess I probably won't be going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey fellow MUSE fans. Anybody else looking for a sober ride to the show at the Pepsi Center on 9/17 from Fort Collins? If we can find ten people at $30/each, we can get a shuttle bus together to take us from Fort Collins to the door of the Pepsi Center and save gas and prevent DUIs. Plus we won't have to pay the $10+ for Pepsi Center parking. Two down so far - eight to go -- anybody in???

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my second Muse show ever. For the first I was forced to be in a seat. (Or rather, I stood in front of a seat and annoyed the guy standing next to me by jumping up and down, flailing my arms and singing at top volume the entire show.) For this one, I've got GA and I want barrier. Now, I'm fully prepared to get in line at sunrise and stay there all day if that's what it takes, but Denver ain't Paris or London, so I expect showing up a few hours before the doors open will be sufficient.

The Pepsi Center fan guide says the parking lots open three hours prior to an event and the doors open two hours after that (one hour before event time). Three hours seems to cut it a bit close.

Does anyone here have experience waiting in line at the Pepsi Center? Is it possible to park somewhere else (downtown maybe), take public transit to the Pepsi Center, and wait in line longer than three hours? Can I expect the only queue to be at the grand atrium entrance or will there be a second queue at the east atrium?

Now, I'm fully prepared to get in line at sunrise and stay there all day if that's what it takes, but Denver ain't Paris or London, so I expect showing up a few hours before the doors open will be sufficient.

You’re right, Denver is easier than Europe, so thankfully there's no camping out overnight. But I would get there earlier than two hours before doors if I were you. For the 1st Bank Center show I got there around 1 PM and would have made barrier if the show had actually happened. For the Pepsi Center I was there at 9:00. There were only a few people ahead of me and I had no problem getting barrier. I’m going very early again this time, just to be sure.

Is it possible to park somewhere else (downtown maybe), take public transit to the Pepsi Center, and wait in line longer than three hours?

I remember finding a parking lot that was open that early and it was within walking distance. I don't know if it's any different now though, I'll probably call the venue at some point to ask.

Starting to get really excited about this show, less than two months left! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been to Denver.

How is traffic usually in the evenings, driving to the venue?

I won't be able to get there early and wait around, so would be driving in before doors.

I know where I live I can leave and make it through traffic and less than an hour, but it might not in, say, Chicago, it would take me like four.

Any really unsafe areas nearby an out of towner should avoid?

• 3 weeks later...

looks like I'm coming to this one after all! :dance:

Cally, are you in Denver? has anyone talked to security and box office staff to tell them what to expect? As awesome as I think my hometown of Mpls is, I think it made a difference in our queuing experience that they were forewarned about our line numbering and how the pre-sale will call tickets work. Sounds like Nashville really effed up tonight, and an ounce of prevention might be a good thing.

Cally, are you in Denver?

Not in Denver but close to it. I don't know the city very well though, which is why I haven't answered some of the questions to locals in this thread. I'll be in Denver a few days before the show though and don't mind stopping by the Pepsi Center if it helps to better understand the parking/queuing/will call situation

has anyone talked to security and box office staff to tell them what to expect? As awesome as I think my hometown of Mpls is, I think it made a difference in our queuing experience that they were forewarned about our line numbering and how the pre-sale will call tickets work. Sounds like Nashville really effed up tonight, and an ounce of prevention might be a good thing.

I was at the 2010 Minneapolis show too, and yeah, it was horrible. I decided not to go back in 2013, but I heard it was completely different. Were you the one that talked some sense into the Target Center people? If so you should try the same thing for Denver. Try calling the box office, the person I talked to a little while ago was helpful. I didn't ask about the pre-sale tickets, but I did ask about the queue. When I told her how early Muse fans usually line up, she actually compared us to the Justin Bieber fangirls from his recent Pepsi Center show. How embarrassing.

One thing I'm worried about is the two entrances into the building with two separate lines. Supposedly they open at the same time but some venues have a very loose interpretation of "same time" (one of the problems in Minneapolis).

Hey, guys! I made an account here just so I can ask this. I've asked a few other places and so far, no satisfactory responses. D:

I'm going to this show (10 days -- ee!) and it's my first Muse show ever. I'm really a massive fan and incredibly stoked. Unfortunately, I'm also quite young and can't get myself to the show, so I'll be going with my dad.

He gets off work at ~2:30 ish. I want to leave immediately for the show. He'll want to get something to eat. I feel like we'll end up getting there at around 3:30, which is not ideal considering the fact that we have GA tickets.

Furthermore, I'm a very small person and I would love to be at/very close to barrier because 1. I'm a huge fan and it would make my life, 2. I don't want to get pushed around -- which has been a problem at other shows I've been to -- and 3. I'm nearsighted and would like to not have an awful view.

So, how many people do you think will be queueing that early? I've also never been to the Pepsi Center. Anything I should know about the layout? Any tips for getting barrier (Chris's side is fine. I really don't mind where it is)? And what should I bring so I can make sure I don't get bored while I wait?

This is super duper incredibly important to me and TONS of thanks for anyone who answers. I'm willing to do whatever I can to get as close as I can and have as much fun as possible! Thanks guys :)

Hey, guys! I made an account here just so I can ask this. I've asked a few other places and so far, no satisfactory responses. D:

I'm going to this show (10 days -- ee!) and it's my first Muse show ever. I'm really a massive fan and incredibly stoked. Unfortunately, I'm also quite young and can't get myself to the show, so I'll be going with my dad.

He gets off work at ~2:30 ish. I want to leave immediately for the show. He'll want to get something to eat. I feel like we'll end up getting there at around 3:30, which is not ideal considering the fact that we have GA tickets.

Furthermore, I'm a very small person and I would love to be at/very close to barrier because 1. I'm a huge fan and it would make my life, 2. I don't want to get pushed around -- which has been a problem at other shows I've been to -- and 3. I'm nearsighted and would like to not have an awful view.

So, how many people do you think will be queueing that early? I've also never been to the Pepsi Center. Anything I should know about the layout? Any tips for getting barrier (Chris's side is fine. I really don't mind where it is)? And what should I bring so I can make sure I don't get bored while I wait?

This is super duper incredibly important to me and TONS of thanks for anyone who answers. I'm willing to do whatever I can to get as close as I can and have as much fun as possible! Thanks guys :)

in terms of time of arrival youll most likely be within 2-3 rows of the barrier (though ive never been to a gig at this venue so that could be inaccurate)

in terms of time of arrival youll most likely be within 2-3 rows of the barrier (though ive never been to a gig at this venue so that could be inaccurate)

Wow, yeah, I heard of a friend who showed up a couple of hours early and was in 2nd row. Being AT barrier would be awesome, but if I'm only a little bit back, I can deal. As long as I have a good view and I'm not being shoved :) Thanks for your advice.

Archived