2013.09.04. Gwinnett Arena - Duluth, GA

GeorgiaMuse

Thanks for the heads up Indie and paper. I knew that there would be no seats on the floor. But I was unsure about the 'mingling' of the upper area and floor. Cool, it makes sense. And good call for letting folks know.

I want him to be blown away and I think Muse is just the concert to do it with. They are, in a lot of ways the Pink Floyd of today. Deep lyrics, very experimental music while being excellent musicians, killer concerts and light show with crazy things that happen throughout. They are a little more intense than PF though. :D

My other thing I am trying to figure out... I am a photographer. The Arena site states...

"No Professional/Detachable Lens Cameras", I really really really want to shoot some pix at this show. Especially after what I saw at the Big Dance. They (Arena site)go on to say...

"No Video or Audio Taping"

Now, I may not necessarily be a genius, but logic tells me that if folks are going to record with cell phones like they did at the Centennial gig, they will be recording in force here too. Is the arena going to stop this from happening? No, I seriously doubt it.

There were moments in that show, when everyone was jumping up and down with cell phones rolling everywhere, that it became a light show in it's self. Anyway, I am getting off track.

I want to take pictures, not with my cell, but with my camera. So... yes, detachable lenses. The Muse.mu site encourages taking and posting photos here. I want to take some pix with a camera that I can totally dial in vs. a point and shoot, which, yes, can be dialed to some extent, but many times there is no control in where it focuses.

I have written Muse management asking for permission but got an autoresponse. I get it, they can't talk to every nut who wants to take pictures. I offered to share them with the site.

I used a GoPro at the Big Dance and got a couple nice images (one is on my profile), but again, no control, you have to take what you get.

If they are going to let POS (Point and shoot) cameras in, they should let all photo cameras in. Heck, with the number of cell phones taking images, I am surprised that this is even an issue anymore. It does nothing but help promote the band and venue.

Anyway... off the soapbox now.

Generally people are able to take in bridge cameras that look like pro cameras, but there sometimes will be a discussion with the security people. POS, no problem. If it has a detachable lens, then no go, unless you want to try and smuggle it in and risk some kind of problem. I suppose you could try and get a Photo Pass, but I have no earthly idea how to do that.

Myeahh. I don't want to try to smuggle it in. Exactly, It's the photo pass that I am after. Many times there are media passes, but a lot of times these allow access for the first couple of songs, then you are out. I want to just walk around within the crowd and get the shots amongst them. You can get close ups all day long, but I like to have a sense of the show too.

Plus lighting work is crazy cool. I do a lot of the lighting work at our studio and understand how much work went into these shows. These programmers are brilliant.

Myeahh. I don't want to try to smuggle it in. Exactly, It's the photo pass that I am after. Many times there are media passes, but a lot of times these allow access for the first couple of songs, then you are out. I want to just walk around within the crowd and get the shots amongst them. You can get close ups all day long, but I like to have a sense of the show too.

Plus lighting work is crazy cool. I do a lot of the lighting work at our studio and understand how much work went into these shows. These programmers are brilliant.

Talk to a local radio station and try getting a photo pass that way

Robyn - You should go! I have a ga ticket but will prob stay back by the soundboard. I have feet issues, too, but if I wear comfy shoes and move around a bit (make sure your knees don't lock) I usually don't have any problems. Even when I have a seated ticket I never sit down.

I'm seriously thinking about it... I wear comfortable shoes, too, but that can only go so far. Standing for several hours in any type of shoe kills me. My feet were so close to cramping up at the Big Dance I was afraid I wouldn't be able to walk back to my car.

Atlanta area always get good shit if I'm not mistaken. Even the state of Texas gets much love from many musical acts. So i wouldnt say the South entirely sucks when it comes to gigs.

Yeah, Atlanta gets a lot of great acts. That's why I'm so thankful I have a car and only live three hours away. I used to live farther away, in North Carolina, and occasionally cool stuff would come to Charlotte or maybe even Greensboro. But it was rare.

They are, in a lot of ways the Pink Floyd of today.

Agreed. I say this all the time. I saw quite a few people at the Tampa concert with Pink Floyd shirts. I'm trying to get my dad (who is a huge Pink Floyd fan) into muse right now

There are literally FOUR top 40 stations. They all play the same crap.... I personally don't listen to the radio since I just put on a cd instead.

Yup. My thoughts exactly. I listen to my iPod in my car I don't bother with the radio. Personally I think TV and radio are on the way out if they don't change.

. Elton John made a surprise appearance and played piano on Trouble

That's awesome!

I was there about 9:30. I can't remember what # I was, maybe 14 or something. It seems like maybe there were about 35 of us that got wristbands by 11.

There was about 100 actually...I would know...I showed up little after the cutoff time and lady wouldn't give me and my wife a wristband and had to sit out there all day. Met some awesome people waiting though!

There was about 100 actually...I would know...I showed up little after the cutoff time and lady wouldn't give me and my wife a wristband and had to sit out there all day. Met some awesome people waiting though!

Aw, bummer! :LOL: But like you said, at least you met some cool people. I usually enjoy queuing unless the weather is horrid.

• 1 month later...

This will be my second Muse show , the first being in Orlando earlier this year in Feb.

My husband and I are driving up from Florida/ Space Coast area for this.

Can anyone in the area tell me, how crazy is traffic in Duluth?? Our hotel is right across from the Gwinnett Center.

We have ground floor this time, last time was seated and it was kind of boring since we were the only ones in our section up on our feet the whole time. I plan to kind of hang towards the back so it is not overwhelming, as it has been like 15 years since I've been in an actual pit (Limp Bizkit LOL!!!)

• 5 weeks later...
This will be my second Muse show , the first being in Orlando earlier this year in Feb.

Can anyone in the area tell me, how crazy is traffic in Duluth?? Our hotel is right across from the Gwinnett Center.

We have ground floor this time, last time was seated and it was kind of boring since we were the only ones in our section up on our feet the whole time. I plan to kind of hang towards the back so it is not overwhelming, as it has been like 15 years since I've been in an actual pit (Limp Bizkit LOL!!!)

I have reservations in a hotel right near the venue, too. Not sure what exactly you want to know about the traffic. It's traffic. :) i don't live in Atlanta area, but have been there many times and the traffic was about what you'd expect in a metropolitan area. It wasn't anything I couldn't handle, though.

• 1 month later...

Traffic in that area isn't too bad (say, compared to the rest of Atlanta!) There are definitely heavier periods during the day. But it probably won't be backed up until after the show. Leaving Gwinnett Arena after the Foo Fighters was a bit of a clusterf**k. :LOL: We had no problems leaving after the last Muse show. The difference was we were able to park in a further lot for Muse and they forced us to park in the parking deck for FF. If you park in the deck, you will be in line FOREVER!

So, not long now, guys! :musesign:

I know! 2 weeks and 2 days away! This is my first official gig besides The Big Dance in April. Who else is pumped for this?! :D

I entered the weird click-on-the-orbs contest to try to get tickets for this show so I'm holding my breath... I have tickets to see them in Nashville so if I don't get this one I won't be too bummed.

This is my first official gig besides the Big Dance, too! I hope you have a great time!

I entered the weird click-on-the-orbs contest to try to get tickets for this show so I'm holding my breath... I have tickets to see them in Nashville so if I don't get this one I won't be too bummed.

This is my first official gig besides the Big Dance, too! I hope you have a great time!

Good luck on the orb game! And at least you get to catch them in Nashville for sure. It'll be a surreal experience and hopefully the visuals will be awesome :happy:

Archived