2013.09.04. Gwinnett Arena - Duluth, GA

GeorgiaMuse

There aren't really any bad seats at that venue. It's 13,000 capacity, so it's way smaller than Phillips Arena. It doesn't feel like a huge place at all.

I saw Coldplay there about 10 years ago. I believe it was new at the time but I don't remember much about it other than the mad dash to the front when doors opened. Saw them again in 2005 at Phillips after they became huge in the US and it definitely wasn't as much fun as the first time. Saw REM at Phillips too and sat in the nosebleeds.

I will be going as well! I don't live in atlanta but I went to the Big Dance last weekend. Sucks that it's in the middle of the week but that might cut down on the crowds a little bit. I'll definitely be lining up early. Anyone else? The line for Tampa wasn't terrible but it wasn't fun.

For those of you that have been there before, is it feasible to bring some chairs/umbrellas and put them back in the car before the show starts? What I'm asking is if the parking lot is close enough to the entry for such a plan? It seems that this place is smaller than the Tampa venue, but the pictures make it look bigger :LOL:

Is anyone else planning on catching them before or after the show? I'd be happy to meet Cage The Elephant too.

I noticed they have a gig the night before and two days after so chances are slim

I will be going as well! I don't live in atlanta but I went to the Big Dance last weekend. Sucks that it's in the middle of the week but that might cut down on the crowds a little bit. I'll definitely be lining up early. Anyone else? The line for Tampa wasn't terrible but it wasn't fun.

For those of you that have been there before, is it feasible to bring some chairs/umbrellas and put them back in the car before the show starts? What I'm asking is if the parking lot is close enough to the entry for such a plan? It seems that this place is smaller than the Tampa venue, but the pictures make it look bigger :LOL:

Is anyone else planning on catching them before or after the show? I'd be happy to meet Cage The Elephant too.

I noticed they have a gig the night before and two days after so chances are slim

Hey, I was at Tampa too! If you were in the queue early on, I was with the weird girl organizing the Harlem Shake video.

And yes, the parking is def. close enough to lug a chair or other comforts and then just put them up right before doors open.

In 2010 Gwinnett Arena had us line up in order and then gave out wristbands to everyone who came before 11 am. Then we left and came back at 5 when the line was wrapped around the building. We waltzed right up to our cordoned off VIP area to our special spots. It was brilliant! And especially wonderful because it was February and freezing! They were super organized across the board, scanning tix and checking bags before for the doors opened. All we had to so was hold our tickets up in our left hand and calmly walk to the floor. They had all kinds of people pointing where to go and everything so it was not confusing at all.

Also, the parking is free and you can pee at the Kroger across the street. :awesome:

That's really brilliant! :D When did you get there in the morning? How many people were venturing out?

That's really brilliant! :D When did you get there in the morning? How many people were venturing out?

I was there about 9:30. I can't remember what # I was, maybe 14 or something. It seems like maybe there were about 35 of us that got wristbands by 11.

I went to the Gwinnett Center site to see what tickets are still left and noticed they charge a 12.70 convenience fee! Tickets are about 72...so glad I did the presale and spent only 65 and change.

3 out 3 sections are sold out though now they have tickets only for Club A, Councourse A and GA tickets left. Hopefully this gig gets sold out! I would love to see a packed crowd for this one.

Hey, I was at Tampa too! If you were in the queue early on, I was with the weird girl organizing the Harlem Shake video.

And yes, the parking is def. close enough to lug a chair or other comforts and then just put them up right before doors open.

The funny thing was we got there early enough to be in the beginning of the line, but we hung around the area and by the time we got back the line was wrapped around the building. I saw the video in the other thread though. Good to hear about the parking. Thank you :)

Just bought my tickets. This will be my third muse show! Now I just need something to take my mind off of the post-concert depression

LOL, no. Sorry, but no. :LOL: It was kind of cool last tour though because Atlanta was the first gig of the tour. So we got 1-2 extra songs more than everyone else, except for maybe NYC. :happy:

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Generally though I just like to have low expectations. :p

Long post alert! I have tickets for Nashville but am also thinking about going to this one. I'm tempted to try GA, but I'm worried about my personal space, and the fact that my feet get tired really quickly. Y'all who have mentioned GA are making me feel better about not being pushed and shoved, but I'm still worried about my feet. I might just get a seat. Or not get a ticket at all, since I've already spent too much money on concerts this year (I'm also going to see Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z in August, and my BFF and I got REALLY close seats). Oh, and I wouldn't be able to get to town until around 4:00 so my GA spot might be terrible.

this will finally be my first full Muse show :D

Same here! I was also at the Big Dance.

I'm really happy that they're playing at the Gwinnett Arena again. They were great there last time and it's such a better venue than Philips Arena. There's not a bad seat in the house and the free parking is an added bonus ;)

Free parking?! That's AWESOME! I won't even tell you how much I forked out for the Big Dance... :mad:

kinda meh about Will Call. I love holding the tickets :happy:

Me, too! Plus I like having something for my scrapbook. Yeah, I'm a geek. :D

...And realized I bought tickets for the 7/3 Charlotte show, not Atlanta.I'll road trip if I have to, but I'd much rather swap with someone who's planning to go to the show in Charlotte. Like tix (GA) for like tix.

Anyone?!

Have you posted in musebay? http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=88005

In 2010 Gwinnett Arena had us line up in order and then gave out wristbands to everyone who came before 11 am. Then we left and came back at 5 when the line was wrapped around the building. We waltzed right up to our cordoned off VIP area to our special spots. It was brilliant! And especially wonderful because it was February and freezing! They were super organized across the board, scanning tix and checking bags before for the doors opened. All we had to so was hold our tickets up in our left hand and calmly walk to the floor. They had all kinds of people pointing where to go and everything so it was not confusing at all.

That's amazingly organized! Okay, I'm a little less nervous about this gig now...

LOL, no. Sorry, but no. :LOL: It was kind of cool last tour though because Atlanta was the first gig of the tour. So we got 1-2 extra songs more than everyone else, except for maybe NYC. :happy:

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Generally though I just like to have low expectations. :p

As long as they play Panic Station and Supermassive Black Hole I'll be happy. Really, they could play Three Blind Mice and I'd be happy. :musesign:

I hope you're wrong too. I always have high expecations :LOL:

I need to get out of the South. We never get the best gigs for any acts :rolleyes:

something from OoS would be amazing

Robyn - You should go! I have a ga ticket but will prob stay back by the soundboard. I have feet issues, too, but if I wear comfy shoes and move around a bit (make sure your knees don't lock) I usually don't have any problems. Even when I have a seated ticket I never sit down.

I purchased two VIP tickets to Gwinnett, which includes the "VIP Pre-Party", which I realize DOES NOT include anyone from Muse,but it's all good. My tickets are awesome (sec 107, row E).

Here is my question...I recently received my official Manson MB-1 guitar (4th generation), and I would LOVE to have it signed by Mr. Matthew Bellamy.

Any thoughts/ideas on how I might be able to accomplish this? I realize it is a L O N G shot, but worth the try!

I purchased two VIP tickets to Gwinnett, which includes the "VIP Pre-Party", which I realize DOES NOT include anyone from Muse,but it's all good. My tickets are awesome (sec 107, row E).

Here is my question...I recently received my official Manson MB-1 guitar (4th generation), and I would LOVE to have it signed by Mr. Matthew Bellamy.

Any thoughts/ideas on how I might be able to accomplish this? I realize it is a L O N G shot, but worth the try!

It's always luck when it comes to meeting any of them. You could wait out behind the venue where they leave, but sometimes it's more fun to let it happen naturally. Like someone mentioned in another thread you will meet them on a whim when you aren't expecting or intending to meet them and when you do expect or try to it won't happen.

:LOL: yea its probably just the acts I've seen. U2 in 2009 was pretty standard. Both times I saw Coldplay the last few years have been standard *but thats Coldplay*

but U2 in Nashville got The Wanderer :stunned:

I saw Coldplay in Atlanta when they were first starting out in the US. 2003, I think. It was cool, we got to Gwinnett around 5 or so and got barrier. Elton John made a surprise appearance and played piano on Trouble. It's still one of my Top 5 shows and I've been to a lot of shows in my day. Saying that, I haven't seen Coldplay live since 2005. Just don't like the newer stuff very much.

It kind of worries me that this town seems so much more focused on top 40 and hip hop acts if the radio stations are anything to go by. There were a couple of alt rock stations for ages, but then 99x disappeared for a couple of years. There are literally FOUR top 40 stations. They all play the same crap. And then finally a month ago they got a new alt rock station 107.5. I don't know how much bands look at that kind of thing when deciding where to tour. I personally don't listen to the radio since I just put on a cd instead.

I hope they don't look at the Centennial Park crowd as an example of what the Muse fans here are like. Hopefully they can remember back to 2010. It wasn't sold out, but it was a good show. Of course I'm probably not being objective because naturally I would say that. :chuckle:

Right now my main worry is that Biffy Clyro will never, ever come here. :supersad: /off topic

Archived