2013.09.04. Gwinnett Arena - Duluth, GA

GeorgiaMuse

Pre-sale tomorrow and I already have the ticket buying anxiety. I will be in court all day so my husband is going to have to do it. Luckily he has had ticket buying duties before, but it still makes me nervous. Lol. Good luck to everyone getting tickets in the pre-sale! :)

I've got first-time ticket anxiety haha.

Since my mom refuses to go pit even though my sis says I'd love it, we're gonna go for the first few rows of either zone 117 or zone 106. And yay prices! They aren't bad at all. I'm excited.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: Do ticket sales start at 10am EST or GMT??

Thanks for all the help, Musers--can't wait to see all of you lovely people!

So... um... I spent the last 10 minutes refreshing the buy tickets area. It kept saying that it starts at 10. Every clock is different in this world it seems. But, then I refreshed and it said tickets are no longer available. Whhhhaaaattt??? How did that happen? I mean we are talking about a matter of what 3 seconds to back up a page, refresh and they are all gone?

So I start to mope off, but decide to try one more time (yeah, I still check the fridge to see if any food has materialized as well), and the ticket button was lit up. I clicked it and got in. ???

Point being... I am the proud owner of 4 tix for general admission. Heh heh hehhhhh.

Everything I read last night said it was going to be a paperless entry. So we were to bring our card and swipe it at the door for entry. Now it says that it is will call. I am a little confused, but sure. I will go to the arena at lunch that day I guess.

So... um... I spent the last 10 minutes refreshing the buy tickets area. It kept saying that it starts at 10. Every clock is different in this world it seems. But, then I refreshed and it said tickets are no longer available. Whhhhaaaattt??? How did that happen? I mean we are talking about a matter of what 3 seconds to back up a page, refresh and they are all gone?

So I start to mope off, but decide to try one more time (yeah, I still check the fridge to see if any food has materialized as well), and the ticket button was lit up. I clicked it and got in. ???

Point being... I am the proud owner of 4 tix for general admission. Heh heh hehhhhh.

yea. it was messy

kinda meh about Will Call. I love holding the tickets :happy:

still bummed that its on a Wed. and I can't do GA

Crap. Just got all excited about the presale, rushed in, desperate to get floor tickets.

SCORE! Got 2 GA tickets. Checkout. Confirmation...

And realized I bought tickets for the 7/3 Charlotte show, not Atlanta.

(I live in Atlanta)

I'll road trip if I have to, but I'd much rather swap with someone who's planning to go to the show in Charlotte. Like tix (GA) for like tix.

Anyone?!

Crap. Just got all excited about the presale, rushed in, desperate to get floor tickets.

SCORE! Got 2 GA tickets. Checkout. Confirmation...

And realized I bought tickets for the 7/3 Charlotte show, not Atlanta.

(I live in Atlanta)

I'll road trip if I have to, but I'd much rather swap with someone who's planning to go to the show in Charlotte. Like tix (GA) for like tix.

Anyone?!

I can still pull GA's

In 2010 Gwinnett Arena had us line up in order and then gave out wristbands to everyone who came before 11 am. Then we left and came back at 5 when the line was wrapped around the building. We waltzed right up to our cordoned off VIP area to our special spots. It was brilliant! And especially wonderful because it was February and freezing! They were super organized across the board, scanning tix and checking bags before for the doors opened. All we had to so was hold our tickets up in our left hand and calmly walk to the floor. They had all kinds of people pointing where to go and everything so it was not confusing at all.

Also, the parking is free and you can pee at the Kroger across the street. :awesome:

In 2010 Gwinnett Arena had us line up in order and then gave out wristbands to everyone who came before 11 am. Then we left and came back at 5 when the line was wrapped around the building. We waltzed right up to our cordoned off VIP area to our special spots. It was brilliant! And especially wonderful because it was February and freezing! They were super organized across the board, scanning tix and checking bags before for the doors opened. All we had to so was hold our tickets up in our left hand and calmly walk to the floor. They had all kinds of people pointing where to go and everything so it was not confusing at all.

Also, the parking is free and you can pee at the Kroger across the street. :awesome:

Suburnbian people are so nice

damn you school :mad:

Thanks so much for the info!! I was particularly worried about the peeing situation. :LOL: I will just have to make sure I get there plenty early, since I will be going to Charlotte the night before. :D

Question: There are 4 seated areas and then the floor for general admission. Are the GA folks allowed to move between the seated areas and floor?

The reason I ask is that I am taking my son to his first 'real' concert. He's been to music events, but never a full force concert. I bought GA tickets as I want to be down in it. Now I understand that the Centennial Olympic Park show was GA with public and a bunch of pissed sports fans to boot, but I would not want to put my son in the middle of the rudeness that I saw there. I would love to think that Muse fans are a little higher in intelligence and care for folks a little more than the average bear (If you didn't get where muse is coming from topically you would not be there (IMO)). I would not put him near the stage, but I want him to experience the show. So my thinking is that if it is GA, then if things got to roudy for him, I could take him up into the seated GA area. But I do not know if the movement is allowed.

Right... so I have probably repeated myself a billion times, but I think you get where I am coming from.

Question: There are 4 seated areas and then the floor for general admission. Are the GA folks allowed to move between the seated areas and floor?

The reason I ask is that I am taking my son to his first 'real' concert. He's been to music events, but never a full force concert. I bought GA tickets as I want to be down in it. Now I understand that the Centennial Olympic Park show was GA with public and a bunch of pissed sports fans to boot, but I would not want to put my son in the middle of the rudeness that I saw there. I would love to think that Muse fans are a little higher in intelligence and care for folks a little more than the average bear (If you didn't get where muse is coming from topically you would not be there (IMO)). I would not put him near the stage, but I want him to experience the show. So my thinking is that if it is GA, then if things got to roudy for him, I could take him up into the seated GA area. But I do not know if the movement is allowed.

Right... so I have probably repeated myself a billion times, but I think you get where I am coming from.

The floor is not sectioned off and there will be no seats on the floor. Here is the seating chart:

http://www.gwinnettcenter.com/uploads/tx_arena_calendar/13-09-04__Muse_01.pdf

They cut off the area so GA and seat people can't mingle (barriers are put up), and security are all on the sides to make sure of it as well. Since you purchased GA/floor you will only have acccess to GA/floor.

Muse fans are not rowdy or into pushing or shoving at shows. I really don't think you or your son will have an issue in regards to the crowd. I was at barrier at both TPA and ORL and had room all around me, no one was pressd up against me and no one pushed or shoved. There will be a lot of jumping, and arm movements, and clapping (but of course, lol), but there won't be any hostility from fans or mosh pits of any kind. When you get to the floor just let those around you know its your son's first gig and they will have yours and your son's back to make sure all is good. Musers are like a family and it will be a wonderful proper concert experience for your son.

My sister's friend was able to get tix yesterday--we'll be either in section 105 or 106. I kind of knew we wouldn't end up doing GA, so I wasn't as down about that. Kind of bummed that we won't be on Matt's side of the stage; basically looks like we are in for one of the calmer experiences? What with having seats on Chris's half. But I /am/ super excited we got good seats, and beggars can't be choosers haha! Plus I was pleasantly surprised by how reasonable the ticket costs are. Basically I'm just being overly twitchy about trying to make everything "perfect" for my first real concert. ^^' I'm totally stoked to be going!! :awesome:

//...You guys think the seats will be good? :unsure: *sighs at self because wowow I need to stop worrying XD*

Archived