Muse at Lowlands 2006 on Dutch television tomorrow!

BabyBliss

Part of the gig Muse gave at Lowlands in 2006 will be broadcast tomorrow (april 6th) on Ned. 3 at 23.50 local time, as part of 3voor12's Live Request.

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2013/live-request/live-request-5-muse-lenny-kravitz-blaudzun.html

I was there and it was a great gig! For non-Dutchies: it will probably aired on Uitzending Gemist after the broadcast so I can post a link of that later.

Will it be the full show? Just checked Setlist fm and they played a great set that night.

Part of the gig

Literally the first four words, man.

Someone better record it (if we don't have a recording already).

There is an audio recording as far as I know. And video of Hysteria. But the audio is from Invincible to Stockholm in the setlist, I think. Wouldn't hold out any hope for a proshot Showbiz though.

Was assassin played?

Set list

1.Knights of Cydonia Space Dementia outro

2.Hysteria

3.Supermassive Black Hole

4.Showbiz

5.Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro

6.Forced In (intrumental)

7.Bliss (extended)

8.Citizen Erased

9.Apocalypse Please

10.Invincible

11.Riff + Starlight + Burning Bridges (instrumental interlude)

12.Plug In Baby

13.New Born

Encore

14.Time Is Running Out

15.Stockholm Syndrome

16.Take a Bow

That's a pretty weak setlist bar Showbiz.

Still, more 2006 proshots are good.

Your face is a weak setlist. :phu:

That's actually a pretty damn good set list for the time and for a festival, where the greatest hits/current singles are usually played. Could only wish for a set list like that these days... :(:noey:

Although compared to TR and (to some extent) T2L that's a pretty sick setlist.

Yes but context matters more. If they played all of OoS on the OoS tour and no Showbiz songs/b-sides it would look great by today's standards but weak for that time.

Your face is a weak setlist. :phu:

That's actually a pretty damn good set list for the time and for a festival, where the greatest hits/current singles are usually played. Could only wish for a set list like that these days... :(:noey:

It's not bad, and yeah festivals and all, but there were better.

Great set on paper, but sadly the 2006 BH&R tour sounded like cack :(. Here's hoping the mix on the broadcast gives it a little more oomph.

Tbh I prefer BH&R over a lot of Abso in terms of sound. But that's only based on proshots, not actual live gigs. BH&R might have some crappy guitar tones here and there, but almost all Abso gigs have really crappy mixing and extremely thin sounds. People always talk about how beefy it was but I really think that in terms of proshots, every tour aside from TR has sounded beefier than the last.

And no, not shit speakers.

I see your point, but I think the majority of Abso pro-shots are better than BH&R ones. TR and T2L pro-shots beat both though.

Based on my own experience, Earls Court was the best gig I've seen for beefiness, but I think Origin at Reading and Royal Albert Hall were better all round.

In fact, I think Origin at Reading is the best I've seen Muse live. They were on fire, even if the second set was a bit predictable. Blistering performances of all eight songs.

Another thing that BH&R has over Abso are the vocal effects. BH&R has the best vocal effects hands down, which is a big minus for TR and T2L for me. His voice is better than ever which is why I think he wants to show it off without any effects. But goddamnit, add some effects and make it even MORE amazing.

EDIT: Actually, ignore that. The best vocal effects were in 2005.

any extra broadcast songs would be good, so far we have proshots from this gig of;

Hysteria

Supermassive Black Hole

Apocalypse Please

New Born

Take a Bow

I don't really know the show, but I wouldn't be surprised if 'part of the gig' means only these songs (or even less).

Archived