Which songs should Muse be playing during their Summer-Stadium-Tour?

Nenjää

It had problems, but it still bothers me that Matt continues to fuck up the first solos of Survival. He's gotten better but still not consistent. The beef of the ending makes it more than worth it though.

That doesn't actually bother me too much. I think the solos are pretty sloppy and crappy in general. Easily the weakest parts of the song.

The intro to Uprising is great live, or at least it was on Chris' old bass. The new red light-up headless bass needs a bit of work to give it the full sound as it was fairly meh at SBE.

Unnatural Selection was a bit forgettable when I saw it at the O2 in 2009 but at Wembley it was awesome. MK Ultra was good too. It sounded a bit more like a straight-up rock song live rather than sort of buzzy sound it has on record, which is ironic given the guitar tone at that point.

I'd take US back over New Born but I'd rather have Assassin than MK Ultra.

The heavier material like Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra lacks the edge and the passion of say... Stockholm Syndrome and Assassin live. I hope if and when they do bring those songs back, they turn up the distortion and they start playing it with little tidbits of improvisation.

When I go to see Muse live, I want to see Muse live. Not "Muse - the albums live" so I guess what I'm saying is it felt a little too perfect, then again you can't blame them after playing it night after night after night after night on their biggest tour ever.

To be fair, they PERFECTED the sound of Uprising and Undisclosed Desires on this tour, sounds amazing compared to The Resistance tour, it's just that the heavier bits need to be a little imperfect, in my opinion of course.

The heavier material like Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra lacks the edge and the passion of say... Stockholm Syndrome and Assassin live. I hope if and when they do bring those songs back, they turn up the distortion and they start playing it with little tidbits of improvisation.

When I go to see Muse live, I want to see Muse live. Not "Muse - the albums live" so I guess what I'm saying is it felt a little too perfect, then again you can't blame them after playing it night after night after night after night on their biggest tour ever.

To be fair, they PERFECTED the sound of Uprising and Undisclosed Desires on this tour, sounds amazing compared to The Resistance tour, it's just that the heavier bits need to be a little imperfect, in my opinion of course.

I don't get how can you think they sound the same as the albums. Survival for example, tone is beefier and the solos are quite sloppy. Imperfect, as you say. Same for Supremacy.

I don't get how can you think they sound the same as the albums. Survival for example, tone is beefier and the solos are quite sloppy. Imperfect, as you say. Same for Supremacy.
He ment Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra on the Resistance tour.

I definitely agree that Undisclosed and Uprising sound sooo much better on this tour. If you have to sit through UD you'd want it to sound at it's best right?

If you have to sit through UD you'd want it to sound at it's best right?

I don't know if it'd really matter, it still looks just as shit as before with the only positive point of maybe being able to shake hands with Matt.

• 6 months later...

Archived