Which songs should Muse be playing during their Summer-Stadium-Tour?

Nenjää

for the BHaR live discussion I think that we can kiss goodbye most of the non-single tracks from all the previous albums, not only BHaR (that's why I have no hope left of seeing MK Ultra live some day)

Falling Down was the most surprising selection for this tour (maybe it was Matt's personal decision that was somehow connected with his feelings at that time) and it really stands out from their setlist-making logic ("as many new songs as possible+singles")

given that Supremacy, Madness and Survival are likely to stay for the next tour it means that there'll be even less room for the older non-singles (and I can't see Muse doing arena shows longer than 22-23 songs).

as it was said a few times they're now getting into their "U2 dilemma" when a band has too many songs that they are bound to play.

though I must say that they have a few singles that could be played more often but get ignored most of the time - Muscle Museum, Sing for Absolution, Hyper Music (it was a double a-side, wasn't it?), Butterflies and Hurricanes, Dead Star and MoTP is joining the list these days.

I wonder how many songs they actually rehearse before the tour though

there may be some interesting selections

sorry bout the lengthy post :p

Ironically that was what happened at my first Muse gig.

Actually wasn't bad - it was getting Guiding Light and Feeling Good when the 2nd night got MK Ultra and Cave that was the problem.

Ah I was at that gig at The O2, worst I've been to :chuckle: My first I got Unintended and Sunburn but it was Wembley 2007 second night so :awesome:

given that Supremacy, Madness and Survival are likely to stay for the next tour it means that there'll be even less room for the older non-singles (and I can't see Muse doing arena shows longer than 22-23 songs).

as it was said a few times they're now getting into their "U2 dilemma" when a band has too many songs that they are bound to play.

From what I've seen, U2 actually had a decent amount of song variation on their 360 tour. From what I remember they played something from every album (except Pop, but who cares about that :p) as well as a couple of b-sides and new songs here and there. They also played some surprising rarities such as Scarlet, One Tree Hill and Mothers of the Disappeared.

I guess what I'm saying is that, even if they do go down the "U2 route" there would still be hoepe for some surprises and rarities even if their setlists became largely predictable. Of course, I'd much rather they go down the "Radiohead route" and have a completely different setlist every night :yesey:

As much as I would love too see Assassin or City Of Delusion get played, I would rather Muse try play more rare Absolution songs that have not been played much / at all since the Absolution Tour. It should be a no brainer with the 10 year anniversary of the album and all.

What, like The Small Print, TOADA and Sing For Absolution? I'd take CoD or Assassin every day of the week.

From what I've seen, U2 actually had a decent amount of song variation on their 360 tour. From what I remember they played something from every album (except Pop, but who cares about that :p) as well as a couple of b-sides and new songs here and there. They also played some surprising rarities such as Scarlet, One Tree Hill and Mothers of the Disappeared.

I guess what I'm saying is that, even if they do go down the "U2 route" there would still be hoepe for some surprises and rarities even if their setlists became largely predictable. Of course, I'd much rather they go down the "Radiohead route" and have a completely different setlist every night :yesey:

Me :phu:

btw 360 was pretty great in terms of rotation and rarities, but it was like this because of its length (+a long gap before the 2nd European Leg) and because many NLOTH songs got dropped midway through.

but if you come back to Zoo TV, PopMart and Elevation - it's the same "a lot of new songs+singles" story

Vertigo and 360 were a bit different in terms of setlists

What, like The Small Print, TOADA and Sing For Absolution? I'd take CoD or Assassin every day of the week.

I think I'd take The Small Print over City Of Delusion but yeah Assassin > everything else. If they do actually decide to bring back some Absolution songs for the anniversary, I seriously hope they consider TSP actually, it'd be great.

TSP could either be pretty fun, or a real bore live. Not sure. CoD doesn't matter if it works live or not though(for me), because it's one of my favourite songs and I would just enjoy listening to it.

TSP could either be pretty fun, or a real bore live. Not sure. CoD doesn't matter if it works live or not though(for me), because it's one of my favourite songs and I would just enjoy listening to it.

TSP boring live? I doubt it :LOL:

Thinking about it, it could come back. Doubtful, but only as doubtful as the other Abso rarities we're hoping for

Archived