Which songs should Muse be playing during their Summer-Stadium-Tour?

Nenjää

Very clever. Almost as clever as your "B&H is unlikely but not Dead Star or Take A Bow" post.

Fair enough, I can see I maybe judged B&H too hard by saying unliky, but I really can't see it become a staple like in 2010 unless they make the sets up to 24+ songs every night.

But c'mon, we know that Take A Bow is one of Matt's favourite songs and is a huge live song and they must have realised how much the fans are praying for Dead Star!

This is more what I think rather than what I hope. Excluding stuff that's been played at least a few times on the arena tour

Citizen Erased, Feeling Good, Big Freeze and B&H probably

RBS, TaB, Dead Star and FAWY maybe

Fury, SfA, Apocalypse Please and Exo in full (that one's a long shot) possibly

I reckon UD's staying though.

Ah...where do I begin?

Fair enough, I can see I maybe judged B&H too hard by saying unliky, but I really can't see it become a staple like in 2010 unless they make the sets up to 24+ songs every night.

Chances are they'll play around 23 songs. That's not the point though. Their manager said that Butterflies and Hurricanes is almost guaranteed to come back. And why wouldn't it? They played it on a regular basis in 2010 and 2011.

But c'mon, we know that Take A Bow is one of Matt's favourite songs

We do?

they must have realised how much the fans are praying for Dead Star!

Doesn't mean that they'll play it. At all. The fact that the fans got their way once and it was played at an intimate gig doesn't mean a goddamn thing. Hopefully they will bring it to the stadiums, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Chances are they'll play around 23 songs. That's not the point though. Their manager said that Butterflies and Hurricanes is almost guaranteed to come back. And why wouldn't it? They played it on a regular basis in 2010 and 2011.

I'm not trusting the management behind Muse very much, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong if they play B&H in Berlin ;)

We do?

He has said it in a pair of interviews before T2L-era. "What is your personal favourite Muse-song?" - I like Take A Bow. Think he would say Madness now.

Doesn't mean that they'll play it. At all. The fact that the fans got their ways once and it was played at an intimate gig doesn't mean a goddamn thing. Hopefully they will bring it to the stadiums, but I'll believe it when I see it.

At this point I think it does. They could see it at the famous song-poll last tour, fans are asking them when they meet them, paper signs are handed out, exact forum threads are made for bringing Dead Star back etc.

At this point I think it does. They could see it at the famous song-poll last tour, fans asking them when they meet them, paper signs handed out, exact forum threads for bringing Dead Star back etc.

The song poll didn't work.

Fans talked about Dead Star last tour and nothing happened.

The petition was to play Dead Star in North America and so far all the closest has been a riff.

He has said it in a pair of interviews before T2L-era. "What is your personal favourite Muse-song?" - I like Take A Bow. Think he would say Madness now.

During the latter stages of TR Tour Matt also said that his favourite song to play live was probably Dead Star. Matt liking a song doesn't really increase it's chances of getting played live by much.

The song poll didn't work.

Fans talked about Dead Star last tour and nothing happened.

The petition was to play Dead Star in North America and so far all the closest has been a riff.

Yep, they have reacted a little on it, and it will come back in full at some of the stadium shows :) If they don't, I'll wear Santa Claus' costume at the Berlin gig.

Yep, they have reacted a little on it, and it will come back in full at some of the stadium shows :) If they don't, I'll wear Santa Claus' costume at the Berlin gig.

Petition to play Dead Star in North America

It'll come back for the stadium European shows

Yeah... what a success!

Space Dementia

Dark Shines

Bliss

Stockholm Syndrome

Hysteria

Take A Bow

Starlight

Hoodoo

Resistance

Uprising

Supremacy

Madness

2nd Law: Unsustainable

Liquid State

All the other songs are negotiable and I would be happy if they played them.

using their European fall tour as a template id imagine they would play the same usual set with an additional 3-4 songs. my guesses would be

1) another Piano song. so any 3 combo of RBS, USoE, FG, Sunburn and Explorers on any given show

2) B&H and Take a Bow rotational spot

3) Big Freeze (at most shows)

4) MAYBE a Bliss/CE/some other "rarity" type spot.

im sure theyll redo their setlist order a little bit too, but not too much.

i wish i could actually see one of these shows. cheers to being a young american with a job still saddled with college debt :)

2) B&H and Take a Bow rotational spot

Do you mean B&H being rotated with TAB? Because that wouldn't make any sense at all. Then again, neither does Resistance/Bliss but they've been doing that. Ah well, muse logic.

I love the wording of the thread. There are lots of songs Muse should play, it's a shame that some of the songs they do play defy live logic.

I hope Muse extend the setlist a little because otherwise I'm assuming it's just going to be the same as the arena tour but with Big Freeze thrown in :( I hope they bring back Assassin, MKU, MM and drop UD, Resistance and Starlight. Shame they probably won't.

Don't get why they would drop Starlight at all.

And I'm sure they'll extend the setlist, they always have.

Dead Star, B&H, TaB, Citizen Erased and possibly Fury will probably pop up here and there.

Archived