MTV's Musical March Madness 2013

29pearls

Is that Ed Sheeran guy any good or what? I'm actually seeing him next month because he's opening for Taylor Swift and I'm taking my daughter. It was painful even typing that out loud.
Only heard two songs of his and one was good and the other was really good.

But yeah lol at this thread. Pop beats classic rock in MTV polls, shocker.

Is that Ed Sheeran guy any good or what? I'm actually seeing him next month because he's opening for Taylor Swift and I'm taking my daughter. It was painful even typing that out loud.

ouch

I can say at least that Sheeran is a gazillion times better than Swift even though it's unfair to compare such different singers

his performances are mostly acoustic guitar+vocals

if you don't like that, you probably won't like Sheeran

ed sheehan actually is a typical stereotypical average singer like james blunt etc

he is overhyped

however a team is a good radio song

noooo

don't remember this

I don't hate any singer as much as I hate this guy

comparing Ed to him is a disgrace really

btw I don't really care for these internet polls

Muse > Ed Sheeran anyway

I'm mostly surprised that Ed Sheeran can generate enough enthusiams to get people to vote in large numbers to beat a band with such widespread popularity as Muse. I mean, I don't dislike the guy or anything because I have absolutely no recollection of any of his music. I know he did that one One Direction song which was very bland. Maybe he shares a fanbase with their fans? *shrug*

Anyway, I'd rather have Muse lose at this point than to Tokio Hotel.

He's actually extremely talented, but has one of those massive teenage followings that One Direction ect have.

He's actually extremely talented, but has one of those massive teenage followings that One Direction ect have.

I think he's an alright singer-songwriter. I heard his cover of Feeling Good. It was good.

But there is not enough uniqueness (for me) that distinguishes him from other artists. He's an artist I'd call nice.

I think he's an alright singer-songwriter. I heard his cover of Feeling Good. It was good.

But there is not enough uniqueness (for me) that distinguishes him from other artists. He's an artist I'd call nice.

He's definitely different compared to the likes of Bieber and 1D though, musically... he shares the same fan base.

I didn't really think much of him until I was showed this (not by a fangirl either :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV0TJZ7Kp40

Never the less, it was pretty inevitable that his fan base would get on to this...

He's definitely different compared to the likes of Bieber and 1D though, musically... he shares the similar fan base.

I didn't really think much of him until I was showed this (not by a fangirl either :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV0TJZ7Kp40

Never the less, it was pretty inevitable that his fan base would get on to this...

Yes, that is a good performance. I hear some reggae (?) in his vocal style. Obviously he's different from the mainstream pop artists you mentioned.

But hat was not my point. He's a relatively popular artist with the aura of being indie. That's his niche, What this video showed is that he has a lot of energy, which is a good thing.

Tbh I hate this seemingly live performances. It doesn't sound like a live performance at all. It's a performance to impress people. It sounds perfectly produced. I'd rather listen to one of his albums than this.

surprised that sheeran had a hit in the us with A TEAM

woooooow

2 years ago i could have bet that he couldn't make it in the heetseeker charts :LOL:

however in 5 years nobody would know him

muse have good chances to become superstars like u2, madonna, depeche mode

who survived the 80s + 90s :eek:

Archived