Genero.tv Animals Video Competition

KirkBot

I like the first three a lot, it was hard to choose, but I think number two does it for me. The oppressed kept their humanity and let the oppressors cannibalize themselves, and in the end, the torching of the money symbolized rejection of the system and moving on to something better, in my interpretation. I can get on board with that. Not so much with the chaos and murder of number three, and the creepy dystopia of number one.

I can't wait to see what is the final video. I already knew number 3 and number 4 for weeks. To be fair, I preferred some other videos than those two, but oh well.

Anyway, Muse said they will put a Facebook app for everyone to vote, so don't forget to vote! (especially if you like number two, psst psst ;) if you vote for that one please share!)

Good luck to the other 4 videos :D

Overall, interesting to notice that this drew so much talent and clearly from professionals. I didn't realize that this would be bigger than something directed at the fans, but I guess I should have known since making a video for a very popular band is a big opportunity to showcase your talent.

I think 2 is the best one so far. Great animation style and atmosphere and storyline that fits the song and "the animals" were perfectly creepy.

2>3>1>4.

I like that a video with a very different story than the obvious anti-mega-corporation message was chosen as a finalist, but I don't think 4 really worked. 1 and 3 are quite neck-and-neck, both had little things that bothered me. 3 was extremely well made but the ending was a bit too OTT for me with the sex-slave type servant/murder.1 was a bit messy to follow at times and I don't think having open-mouth dialogue (that cannot be heard) works in a music video.

Archived