Noel Gallacher on Dom + e-cigarettes

no3chris

Oh man, I actually agree with Dee...

I never really understood why Oasis did as well as they did.

More than a few catchy songs, the right image, attitude and message for the time, different sound to other popular bands at the time, a lot of people liked Liam's voice (though it was kind of a love it/hate it thing)and it stood out, controversy kept them in the media a lot which advertised them even more etc. Pretty simple really.

But, I feel like in the US the controversy might have been (a lot) bigger than the actual appeal of the music.

I remember seeing more "news" stories (back when MTV did videos and music news - shocker!) about the two fighting, storming out of concerts, breaking up, and insulting people than I ever remember hearing them on the radio, or even seeing their videos.

And I guess I feel like that's still a bit of what's going on. And that he knows exactly what he's doing.

But, I feel like in the US the controversy might have been (a lot) bigger than the actual appeal of the music.

I remember seeing more "news" stories (back when MTV did videos and music news - shocker!) about the two fighting, storming out of concerts, breaking up, and insulting people than I ever remember hearing them on the radio, or even seeing their videos.

And I guess I feel like that's still a bit of what's going on. And that he knows exactly what he's doing.

Pop music is basically like that - it seems to be more about the star, their activities, their swearing factor and their sponsors rather than the tunes.

Hell, if Rihanna's trying to solicit cheers from her audience for her sponsors it's a hell of an unnerving touch.

Pop music is basically like that - it seems to be more about the star, their activities, their swearing factor and their sponsors rather than the tunes.

Hell, if Rihanna's trying to solicit cheers from her audience for her sponsors it's a hell of an unnerving touch.

Rihanna is, like, the poster child for domestic assualt acceptance... :supersad:

But yeah, especially in conjunction with Matthew's Twitter response to this... Dom is (maybe) trying to be healthy (or just smoke indoors... :LOL: ) and (regardless) this guy's bashing him for that just comes off really lame, to me.

"Smoking is cool" is so uncool now.

The thing is that Noel will say whatever it is needed to attract the attention to him.

He makes it look like "hey man I say what I want and I don't give a FUNK!"

... But it is more of a "hey I am saying this and I expect you to notice me and think I'm a bad guy".

Saw him many times doing this when a band or a singer is in their high moment, like touring or releasing material. He won't mess with non-top people, if you know what I mean. He creates controversy and expects fans like us talking about this like we do :LOL:

In the other hand I love Oasis, and think Noel's HFB album is pretty good!! AKA What A Life! Or Everybody's On The Run sound so well!!

He can be an asshole, but I really think he got the music's gift at birth...

The thing is that Noel will say whatever it is needed to attract the attention to him.

He creates controversy and expects fans like us talking about this like we do :LOL:

Why didn't anyone think of this before?

He makes it look like "hey man I say what I want and I don't give a FUNK!"

... But it is more of a "hey I am saying this and I expect you to notice me and think I'm a bad guy".

For the record, I've seen the interview that he makes this electronic cig comment in and it really is just a passing comment made in light jest on how boring the Brits was this year, he's not being harsh or actively insulting anyone/trying to cause controversy like he used to (calling Phil Collins the anti-Christ etc).

Archived