2013.04.06 - Centennial Olympic Park, Atlanta, GA

muse samuse

CBSSportsline, an American sports website wrote an article about the musical acts playing, nice to see Muse included!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21826007/dmb-muse-ludacris-grace-potter-to-play-at-the-final-four

i think its funny they included the link for the Hyper Music song. either theyre poking fun at how ridiculous they used to sound or commenting on how hardcore they can be. you decide

Do you have a source to confirm whether this is true or not?

a friend of mine from atlanta who has gone to the final four there when theyve hosted it before said thats how it works, and shes in advertsiting and plugged into this kind of thing so ill take her word on it. that said ill look for proof on the internet

^That doesn't really confirm anything. I think people want to actually see it written somewhere from a legit primary source and not just "I heard from someone..."

So this is what was written on the NCAA site:

NCAA.com

“The Big Dance Concert Series is one of the most popular fan events that takes place during the Men’s Final Four weekend, and I want to take this opportunity to thank our corporate champion Capital One for its support in bringing great musical acts to the city,” said Mark Lewis, NCAA executive vice president for championships and alliances. “The Big Dance is free to the public which enables everyone the opportunity to enjoy the Final Four weekend excitement regardless of whether or not they have a ticket for the games. We hope everyone has a great time at Centennial Olympic Park and the entire weekend in Atlanta.”

^That doesn't really confirm anything. I think people want to actually see it written somewhere from a legit primary source and not just "I heard from someone..."

So this is what was written on the NCAA site:

alrite well you got to it before i did, very good.

I'm planning on going. What time do y'all think you'll get there? I'm not going for barrier, so I thought maybe a little later in the afternoon. My only concern about that is if the park is already filled to capacity, we might not be able to get in.

Many will probably leave during or before muse bc the ones w tickets to the game will be heading to the dome.

I want to be there a little before noon but be near the back and hoping that people filter out so I can at least get a decent view close to barrier once muse are on bc I'm fairly short.

That's a good point paper tiger.

I'm shooting for media passes so hopefully timing won't be much of an issue for me. ;) Even though I'm going just for muse, I'll be there the fifth and seventh as well for pictures and coverage of the festival. Is anyone else planning on hitting the other days of the fest?

Where are you guys staying? I booked a hotel in Alpharetta for the weekend.

There's also a lot of other things going on in Atlanta that weekend so everyone should be prepared for the traffic. Besides the NCAA Final Four and the associated activities, there's a karate tournament and the Atlanta Braves are playing home games every night April 4-7.

So this is what was written on the NCAA site..

Thanks for that info, paper tiger!

There's also a lot of other things going on in Atlanta that weekend so everyone should be prepared for the traffic. Besides the NCAA Final Four and the associated activities, there's a karate tournament and the Atlanta Braves are playing home games every night April 4-7.

Thanks for the warning! When I tried to book a hotel through Expedia it warned me that it was a busy weekend. I might take a cue from you and stay somewhere outside the city, indiefilmman. That's a great idea.

I live in Tennessee and was totally bummed that the US tour dates haven't come very close to me. So this concert is a blessing, even if the show will be shorter (they're projecting an hour according to the websites). I'm still holding out that there will be a second leg of the US tour later this year. Either way, I'm heading to Atlanta next weekend--my very first Muse show! :D

And just in case anyone wants links straight to the good stuff:

NCAA Final Four Big Dance

Olympic Centennial Park Event Calendar: NCAA Big Dance Concert Series

My guess is length will be commensurate with their other festival appearances. We'll probably get somewhere around 80 minutes.

Thanks for that link paemchen, that answers some questions I had!

I think we're all hoping for more U.S. dates! But I'll certainly take this. It's even more doable since admission is free. ;)

Since there is a gap between Flo Rida and Muse I'm still contemplating the time to get there. I doubt many will hang out for that many hours after Flo Rida apart from the musers.

I agree Paper Tiger. This is probably going to be one of the first shows I've been to where you don't have to be in line all day to grab the barrier. If you're not interested in the other acts, I think getting there just before Flo Rida exits the stage will get you the front. Other than that, sometime during the game should get you pretty close.

I plan to aim for right after Flo Rida. No point waiting around for music I don't care for.

I've heard from several people (although nobody official) that they close the park off when it reaches capacity. If that's the case there's a possibility you'd have trouble getting in if you came too late. I'll be there Friday though so I'll definitely post here if they do anything like that Friday.

Archived