Isolated System VO: 4000000-39715 Numbers Stations

ZombieEaten

Ooops, just searched the board and found discussion on this already -- fell free to kill this thread

-----

Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum, or if this is in the wrong place...

I stayed away from the board and anything that could leak details of the new tour. Detroit was a great gig. I couldn't help but notice the reference to "Numbers Stations" in Isolated System. In this clip of I.S. at 2:05-2:14 you can clearly hear the numbers.

Don't want to get too deep on this. The crypto/anagram hunt of 2005 was too much of a time suck and this could be too but think it is more of a smart reference than a treasure hunt. The number sequences read out are real, the can be heard over short wave. No one knows for sure what they are, probably public keys in some complex chain of public key encryption. Read about it here: http://archive.org/details/ird059

To hear the creepist thing ever. Listen to this:

http://ia600500.us.archive.org/12/items/ird059/tcp_d1_01_the_swedish_rhapsody_irdial.mp3

It is more freaky to hear this from real, go find your old wireless and you will.

ZombieEaten

And this, again, is how the album should've been promoted.

Anyway, it'd be cool if they did more things like this with hidden treasure hunts for material we could be interested in. LIke a live-performance of some song, B-side, remix or w/e. They probably have thousands of stuff like this we'd love to see/hear.

Anyway, it'd be cool if they did more things like this with hidden treasure hunts for material we could be interested in. LIke a live-performance of some song, B-side, remix or w/e. They probably have thousands of stuff like this we'd love to see/hear.

Yeah definitely. A bit of stuff to have fun with for us hardcore fans without a life :(

BUT NO, PING PONG WITH AMERICAN FANS :awesome:

Indeed. I love these treasure hunts when they're done properly.

I am so glad I was not the only one for whom that bit stood out for.

Anyway, yeah, unless we get some kind of further hint or instruction or reference somewhere, it is just a reference to another conspiracy/cool bit of history inserted into the show.

Pretty neat to learn about though, so I am glad I asked about it.

I'm guessing it's just a message like "Cheers, you guys rock, Chicago!" or other such sayings Matt would find hilarious to put into a form of code. Basing that on the majority of the numbers being the same in each gig but from a quick browse on YT the last set or couple of sets being a bit different. But seemingly when they do more than one gig in a city, the code is the same. Even though the LA videos I looked at weren't exactly the best sound quality so it was hard to tell, but they seemed the same anyhow.

Archived