Sign in to follow this  
FingerFud

Uploading Photos

I feel a bit dumb for asking this but how do you upload photos on this without getting the links to photos showing up? I'd like the actual photo showing in my replies.

Cheers

Put the link in the image bracket: [/ img] (without the space.) Or click on the little yellow mountain icon up in the top of the reply box and insert the link and it'll do it for you.

Put the link in the image bracket: [/ img] (without the space.) Or click on the little yellow mountain icon up in the top of the reply box and insert the link and it'll do it for you.

What's a good photo website that i can upload them to and copy the links onto here?

What's a good photo website that i can upload them to and copy the links onto here?

I use photobucket and flickr. I'm not sure about others, but those are fairly reliable!

imgur is quick and simple.

goput.it if you have some huge file that imgur can't take.

did you embed it?

i always click on "insert image" and copy in the URL from my flickr page but it never shows up as the actual picture

Flickr doesn't work that way; for the direct url you should try share -> Grab the HTML/BBCode, select BB code and past it here

8433213474_b1ab7378a1_c.jpg

Extreme Angle - Lantern by MaQPhoto, on Flickr

Or, go to all sizes, select the size you want and right click on it to get the link ending on .jpg

8433213474_b1ab7378a1_b.jpg

So why does a post with a photo in it have to moderated every time:(

Edit

Maybe not enough posts as its OK now.

Edited by alfbranch

As a non-frequent poster we need to check it to prevent spam; it's to keep the forum clean, but I admit, it may feel a bit big-brotheresque.