Do muse fans take muse seriously ? ..

cfc

Contrary to what you say, Muse are just the type of band that people aspire too. It's something in they way they play their music or preform. They carry this down to earth sense of justice with them, not as much as they do now but more-so around the Origin of Symmetry error. I wouldn't say Muse fans 'worship' Matt, Dom and Chris, I would say its more of a deep resect and understanding thing.

You could even class it as a heroism point of view, taking Muse and idolising them. It's much the same as teenage girls do today with Justin Bieber or Lady GaGa, whoever they are into, it's a fandom relationship built upon wanting to be like them. I mean, c'mon who doesn't want the life of a Rockstar?

The Panic Station video clearly has a deeper meaning.

It's an elaborate metaphor on the current situation with North Korea, the cinematography obviously straight out of the Ingmar Bergman tradition. It really lends a voice to a generation never heard from before.

I don't see why I couldn't respect a band that sometimes doesn't take itself totally seriously.

I think we're talking semantics here...

Muse doesn't "take themselves seriously" to the point where they are pretentious as fuck all the time, and fans typically don't see them that way.

But, I don't corrolate a band having fun and doing some things that aren't always deadly serious as less respectable, either.

And I can respect a band musically without meaning I "respect" the members personally, or anything like that. Not that I don't, particularly, I just don't know them personally, making that a hard call. :p

I respect that more, actually.

So, if you're asking if Muse fans look at Muse like some sort of joke musically, I would say no! at least I hope not.

I don't get the gist of the "trust" thing, though.

Yes and No and sometimes quite spectacularly either way.

Showbiz, OoS and Abso were for the most part reasonably serious but ever since Muse have started to write some more bombastic songs and from BHaR onwards there has been a bit of a change.

Hoodoo, one of Muse's most serious songs is followed by KoC but that's nothing to T2L with Supremacy then Madness and within seconds of the dramatic end of Madness we're into Panic Station. T2L does this a lot.

Muse have written some music that ought to be taken seriously but Panic Station, KoC, US and Unsustainable are definately not.

I listen to muse as if they were age old musical geniuses. I find it very hard to compare them to modern music of the time and I have to fit them in with the radiohead timeline, therefore i suppose i do take them quite seriously? Depends what mood i'm in i suppose... & what song. :LOL:

Showbiz, OoS and Abso were for the most part reasonably serious but ever since Muse have started to write some more bombastic songs and from BHaR onwards there has been a bit of a change.

Hoodoo, one of Muse's most serious songs is followed by KoC but that's nothing to T2L with Supremacy then Madness and within seconds of the dramatic end of Madness we're into Panic Station. T2L does this a lot.

Muse have written some music that ought to be taken seriously but Panic Station, KoC, US and Unsustainable are definately not.

^Totally agree with all of this. Their arrangement of songs in their albums compliments the seriousness very well :L (if that makes any sense).

I listen to muse as if they were age old musical geniuses. I find it very hard to compare them to modern music of the time and I have to fit them in with the radiohead timeline, therefore i suppose i do take them quite seriously? Depends what mood i'm in i suppose... & what song. :LOL:

Oh you, Muse fans :3

US isn't meant to be taken seriously? I'd say it's at least halfway serious.

I don't see why I couldn't respect a band that sometimes doesn't take itself totally seriously.

I think we're talking semantics here...

We didn't say the reason to why we didn't respect the band though...

So, if you're asking if Muse fans look at Muse like some sort of joke musically, I would say no! at least I hope not.

Now I'm getting confused. Now you're talking as if you're addressing the creator of the thread as opposed to the person a few posts above yours, in which case the former didn't ask anything about respect.

I don't get the gist of the "trust" thing, though.

But now you're back on that post above yours, which makes this all very confusing because that person only made a statement, and didn't really ask a question like you imply that he/she did.

But anyway, aside from all the confusion in your post, the fact that I have no respect for Muse as a band has little to do with how seriously they take themselves, and more to do with how their music sounds, how it's performed and how the fans are being treated. The only way I can enjoy T2L as much as I do is if I take songs such as Supremacy, Survival, Follow Me, Big Freeze, Explorers and Panic Station as jokes. You could say that I live in blissful ignorance because if I felt that those songs were all made and performed by serious artists with integrity, I would probably laugh in their faces and walk away.

The only way I can enjoy T2L as much as I do is if I take songs such as Supremacy, Survival, Follow Me, Big Freeze, Explorers and Panic Station as jokes.

Monty Python rock c:

Muse are in a phase in their career (BHAR-T2L) in which they enjoy making music like that.

Okay it's not really a phase :LOL:

Archived