Do muse fans take muse seriously ? ..

cfc

'Lazy' does not begin to cover it.

next time you post something judgemental about a person you know from the way they type be sure that firstly you shit all of the pretension out of you..

yes, you're right but I'd really be glad if I could find someone here who I could talk about those larger scale things inserted into the songs.. that is the reason why I kind of made this thread..
If that's the purpose of this thread, then you did a very shitty job at explaining that.

If you wanna talk about the lyrics, just go into the thread of the song which lyrics you wanna discuss? If you wanna talk about thermodynamics, there's a thread for that too. If you wanna talk about religion in Muse songs, there are threads for that too.

Most people ARE aware that not everything in Matt's lyrics is 100% straightforward and lacking a bigger picture.

ok so everyone has a different view of their music whether you look deeper into it or not, that is your choice and it should be respected.. but now I'm talking about a band who have something to say and not how do you take them.. I know how should I look at them because when I do have some time alone I like to look a bit further into their songs and by the clues given by them on interviews or live performances I at least try to break and undestand the music which is less emotional and more cerebral.. and by the way, it is familiar to me that what they try do do is often so over the top that is sounds so ridicilous that it makes you feel confused of whether you should really take them seriously (even whether they take themselves seriously) but yet again if you do complete a story with the puzzles that are their songs it will come to you..

I wouldn't say they give "clues" or that the songs are "puzzles" but yes I think many of the songs do have depth to them, which Matt doesn't fully explain in interviews. Explorers is a good example. There's quite a lot in that song which, I think, isn't about leaving the planet to look for another planet, an explanation Matt has given when asked. It has political and I think possibly emotional themes, as well. It would be less fun I think if he explained the lyrics fully, which is why they like to leave it to fans' interpretations.

As for whether to take them seriously, yes I do. I think they are attempting to contribute to change through their music. And Matt has said as much. He's also said that it's a difficult task. By that I'm not saying that they are genius at it, or anything like that, before the sarcy comments happen, but I think it gives the music something extra, something that adds to my enjoyment of the music. Probably because I am of similar ilk. I have an interest in pursuing change as well, though using a different method, obviously. I think everyone in the world can have their small part to play, if they want to. I think that's healthy. Some people of course just have a bigger platform to express their values.

Also saying all that, of course their music and performances (and interviews) bring with that a healthy dose of humour. It's a good balance I think. I don't think any one part of what they do takes priority. And I think they don't take themselves so seriously that they would take the stuff I have previously mentioned too far.

If that's the purpose of this thread, then you did a very shitty job at explaining that.

If you wanna talk about the lyrics, just go into the thread of the song which lyrics you wanna discuss? If you wanna talk about thermodynamics, there's a thread for that too. If you wanna talk about religion in Muse songs, there are threads for that too.

Most people ARE aware that not everything in Matt's lyrics is 100% straightforward and lacking a bigger picture.

don't want to talk about any of those things individualy but the end product of their discography.. and I know I might have done a shit job but we're getting there..

don't want to talk about any of those things individualy but the end product of their discography.. and I know I might have done a shit job but we're getting there..
But their songs aren't all about the same thing. They're not all metaphorically part of a bigger whole. Some are political, some are about love and some are about aliens. And thermodynamics is used as a metaphor for how nothing lasts forever whether it be love, life, the economy or the world as a whole.

But there is no way you can have a discussion about the meaning of their end product without going into individual songs.

Muse's music as individual songs or as a discography does not include the key to the secrets of the universe, the solutions to our world's problems or the answer to the question "who shot JR".

Dude, you are really giving Matt way too much credit. Time to log off from conspiracy.info.

Archived