Do muse fans take muse seriously ? ..

cfc

Tbh I always thought Matt can write some pretty good lyrics, if he really tries.

I agree. He stopped trying after BH&R was released, in my opinion. And, because of that

it really isn't the lyrics I listen to Muse for.

nowadays.

And, I will have to endure the agonising experience of seeing 30 Seconds To Mars and Florence + The Machine before Muse at Rock In Rio this year, so, yeah, I still take their music seriously. In my own way.

I agree. He stopped trying after BH&R was released

Yeah, I love BHAR's lyrics. Most of the lyrics just fit their music. And there is no song on BHAR I would consider cheesy.

Do I take Muse seriously?

Yes, they have more than enough songs which I can take seriously.

They have affected/become a big part of my life enough for me to take them seriously, but not enough for them to ever really upset me by fickle little things like bad tours, changing music. Would take a lot for them to really piss me off so maybe I don't take them that seriously

And in terms of the lyrics/song topics I never really think to much about them, lyrics aren't ever that important to me

Really they've always seemed to be a band that tries to be ridiculously over the top. Even their early stuff is pretty big in sound even without the strings and choirs everywhere.

And well, that's one of the things I like about them. You don't have to take something seriously to enjoy it. Honestly, I'd probably hate a lot of their music if I tried to look at it very seriously. As with a lot of things.

ok so everyone has a different view of their music whether you look deeper into it or not, that is your choice and it should be respected.. but now I'm talking about a band who have something to say and not how do you take them.. I know how should I look at them because when I do have some time alone I like to look a bit further into their songs and by the clues given by them on interviews or live performances I at least try to break and undestand the music which is less emotional and more cerebral.. and by the way, it is familiar to me that what they try do do is often so over the top that is sounds so ridicilous that it makes you feel confused of whether you should really take them seriously (even whether they take themselves seriously) but yet again if you do complete a story with the puzzles that are their songs it will come to you..

I think it is aquestion that is difficult to answer because Muse (like most acts really) have many different fans with different experiences, occupations, tastes in other music (just look at the diversity of acts in the Other Music section of this message board) and other hobbies.

I would say that a lot of Muse fans I have met either play an instrument or have an appreciation of musicianship, especially those who are fans of OoS.

and by the way, it is familiar to me that what they try do do is often so over the top that is sounds so ridicilous that it makes you feel confused of whether you should really take them seriously (even whether they take themselves seriously) but yet again if you do complete a story with the puzzles that are their songs it will come to you..

Oh, so this is some Muse are sending us secret messages through their songs crap.

I would say that a lot of Muse fans I have met either play an instrument or have an appreciation of musicianship, especially those who are fans of OoS.

and then you have talentless shits like me who can't even play two chords on the guitar.

Oh, so this is some Muse are sending us secret messages through their songs crap.

and then you have talentless shits like me who can't even play two chords on the guitar.

never said secret but there is something embedded for sure.. let's take the example of the 2nd law - bellamy certanly doesn't know much about thermodynamics but he knows just enough to use it as a tool of describing current world events and above..

bellamy certanly doesn't know much about thermodynamics but he knows just enough to use it as a tool of describing current world events and above..

Well yes, that's obvious. That's what a lot of songwriters do, they use their music and lyrics as a tool to talk about whatever is going on in their personal lives or maybe something on a much larger scale. That isn't a secret. Everybody knows that.

Well yes, that's obvious. That's what a lot of songwriters do, they use their music and lyrics as a tool to talk about whatever is going on in their personal lives or maybe something on a much larger scale. That isn't a secret. Everybody knows that.

yes, you're right but I'd really be glad if I could find someone here who I could talk about those larger scale things inserted into the songs.. that is the reason why I kind of made this thread..

Guys, guys, guys, don't argue with this fellow, he clearly knows what he's talking about. For Christ's sake, he's too busy to hit the shift key, stop wasting his time.

sorry for that but I'm a bit lazy..and I wouldn't be talking about something if I didn't know what I was talking about..

Archived