MTV UK: Dom Howard: “I’d Love Killers, Frank Ocean Collab"

Furygirl

Clunge it's been too long since you mentioned Earls Court 2004, go back to Gigs & Tours.

Agreed. I want to hear more about the Absolution tour and how everything since then has been bad in comparison.

The beefy tone man, THE BEEFY TONE.

:LOL: poor Clunge :chuckle:

But you could wheel out x amount of similar ones to that. The Glasto moment was unique, it was the culmination of everything the band had toiled for to that date, it was the moment Muse 'made it' so to speak. It was such a triumphant night, it wasn't just another show like all the arena and stadium shows since.

Everything was just right and that bit of riffage is, for me, the most powerful, self-contained slice of Museyness in the band's history.

/come at me bros.

I was actually reminded of Clunge's comment about "what happened to just plugging in and playing" [like in 2004] in another thread when I read this concert review from 2003 which mentioned that when Muse was playing in a Finnish club (with a capacity of less than 1000), they brought their own mixer. There was apparently only one similar mixer in the whole of Finland, in the country's most prominent classical venue.

But you could wheel out x amount of similar ones to that. The Glasto moment was unique, it was the culmination of everything the band had toiled for to that date, it was the moment Muse 'made it' so to speak. It was such a triumphant night, it wasn't just another show like all the arena and stadium shows since.

Everything was just right and that bit of riffage is, for me, the most powerful, self-contained slice of Museyness in the band's history.

/come at me bros.

To be fair, that one was a bit special. 9 minutes of riffage.

/come at me bros.

You really couldn't though. Unless I am mistaken(my internet doesn't allow me to watch it without breaks every 5 seconds) that is the longest outro they've ever done to SS. Nothing else really comes close.

Obviously SS at Glasto was a huge moment for them for the reasons you mentioned, but how is that a fair comparison to anything? They've already achieved that unique moment, and it's not a thing they can really do again. I mean you can't "make it" again.

Bit of an unfair description there :LOL: He basically had the most critically acclaimed album last year.

The only bit of his Brits introduction tape that stuck in my mind was that he wrote for Biebs amongst others. I haven't actually heard his stuff though - not by choice, I just don't know any of his music.

Congratulations, you couldn't be any more wrong if you tried.

:awesome:

Obviously SS at Glasto was a huge moment for them for the reasons you mentioned, but how is that a fair comparison to anything? They've already achieved that unique moment, and it's not a thing they can really do again. I mean you can't "make it" again.

20 minute Stockholm outro IN SPACE

A collaboration with The Killers has the potential to be good. Think about the epic choruses! Plus, Brandon Flowers and Matt could have a cool jacket face-off.

:yesey: I can't think of a single Muse song with a chorus as catchy as Read my mind, Somebody told me (or even For Reasons Unknown). Combining the best elements of The Killers and Muse could produce some pop euphoria.

Archived